Arena Teams (Challenger) Guide (Update 5.1)

Hello! These are the best arena teams to use! Every team besides the challenger team is for any other league (not challenger)

IMG_3660

Team #1: Defensive (Normal Leagues)

• Shank (Va)
    Mods: 4 SP-All Purple

• Baymax (Ol)
    Mods: 2 BD-Normal Crit + 2 SP-Green

• Cinderella (Fa)
    Mods: 2 BD-Normal Crit + 2 SP-Blue

• Abu (Al)
    Mods: 4 BD-Attack Speed

• Chef Skinner (Ma)
    Mods: 4SP-All Blue

Team #2: Defensive (Normal Leagues)

• Angel (St)
    Mods: 4 HP-2 Armor and 2 Reality

• Jake Long (Me)
    Mods: 4 BD-Fantastic Crit

• Baymax (Ol)
    Mods: 4 SP-Green

• Fear (An)
    Mods: 4 SP-Purple

• Either Joy (Ol) or Felix (Fr)

Team #3: Offensive OR Defensive (Depends on the fifth hero you choose) (Normal Leagues)

• Pocahontas (Ki)
    Mods: 4SP-Purple

• Baymax (Ol)

• Abu (Al)

• Cinderella (Fa)

• Either Phoebus (Es), Quasimodo (Es), Chef Skinner (Ma), or Vinny Santorini (Mr)-Offensive OR Either Fear (An, however RE can work) or Timon and Pumbaa (St)-Defensive

Team #4: Defensive (Normal Leagues)

• Shank (Va)

• Baymax (Ol)

• Prince Phillip (Ph)

• Cinderella (Fa)

• Either Tron (Fl) or Little John (Ro)

Team #5: Debuff for Offense (Normal Leagues)

• Baymax (Ol)

• Abu (Al)

• Quasimodo (Es)
    Mods: 3 SP-Purple + 1 BD-Normal Crit

• Pocahontas (Ki)
    Mods: 4SP-Purple

• Either Cinderella (Fa) or Mary Sanderson (Lo)

Team #6 (Offense)

• Abu (Al)

• Jake Long (Me)
    Mods: 2 SP-Purple + 2 BD-Attack Speed

• Felix (Either)

• Chef Skinner (Ma)
    Mods: 4SP-All Blue

• Either Cinderella (Fa) or Ariel (Either)

Team #7 (Offense)

• Jake Long (Me)

• Abu (Al)

• Baymax (Ol)

• The Mad Hatter (Ra)

• Either Kristoff and Sven (Fl), Felix (Either), Angel (St), Jim Hawkins (Ia), or Ariel (Ge)

Team #7 (Defense)

• Baymax (Ol)

• Angel (St)
    Mods: 4 SP-2 Purple and 2 Blue

• Fear (An)
    Mods: 4 HP-Shield

• Jake Long (Me)

• Either Joy (Ol) or Felix (Either)

For This Week (Defensive) (Only for Challenger)

• Jake Long (Me)

• Jim Hawkins (Ia)

• Kristoff and Sven (Fl)

• Baymax (Ol)

• Vinny Santorini (Mr)
    Mods: 4 BD-Normal Crit

Others

These heroes you can also add to your teams if you don’t have some of the ones above upgraded or unlocked. This section will be constantly upgraded.

• Aurora (Fa)

• The Mad Hatter (Al)
    Mods: 4 SP-2 Green and 2 Blue

• Prince Phillip (Ph)

• Judy Hopps (Either)
    Mods: 1 SP-Green + 3HP-1 Armor, 1 Reality, and 1 Shield

• Drakken (Gi)
    Mods: 2 BD-Fantastic Crit + 2 SP-Blue

• Shego (Ki)

• 22 (Qu)

• Ian (Go)

• Mary Sanderson (Lo)
    Mods: 4 SP-2 Green and 2 Blue

• Jake Long (Si)

• Felix (Either)

• Abu (Al)

• Negaduck (Either)

Extra Notes

:warning: Any disk on Fear is a must-have for that team

:star: Abu (Al) can dodge Baymax at the start of the wave! :star:

:warning: MODS CAN BE CHANGED!!! THESE ARE JUST RECOMMENDATIONS!!! :warning:

These teams are in no particular order. This will be updated whenever there is a change, proabaly every week or two. Please feel free to message me with suggestions!
-Morsat

2 Likes

It is appreciated that players offer suggestions like this. It might be more helpful to put it into context. Defense or offense? Maybe include what levels, mods, and what rules apply. Heroes react not only with different heroes but at different levels.

Just for fun I tested each of these (nine battles) against a lineup of 177M in week four of four of the present season. All heroes are Y16 with full badges and stamina. The differences are probably in the mods or level of friendship badges. Unfortunately none defeated the opponent.

1 Like

I am still experimenting with offensive arena! Care to email me any suggestions @Chief_Snow_White_XXIX ?

Any challenger arena level

Just added mods and context!! It also depends which hero you use for your choice.

2 Likes

Disagree on this

1 Like

What would you suggest then? For the first one, the option really just needs one good buff giver and/or remover, as their buffs will be enhanced. Fear in this team with shank will also allow no BD to be taken from the start, being a great counter for Baymax.

For the second team, I changed to offensive OR defensive, as I tested it and realized it did better offensively, but it was still good defensively. This entire team is based around giving buffs to Mother Gothel and Baymax. For the options you have, Fear and Timon and Pumbaa will enhance those buffs and give more BD. While for the tanks, you can use them to give shields or apply an additional damage and attack speed boost (attack speed only from Phoebus)

You can always send me some suggestions @ProtectorSimba

1 Like

Just added Vinny Santorini and Abu to the heroes list! Also changed a few errors and removed John Silver from the heroes list, as he is becoming less useful after Update 4.9. Also added the option for Vinny for Team 3. Remember, feel free to message me some suggestions or ideas you have! They help a lot.

Abu is great for offense and defense! He gives a great charm, which can defend your entire team! He also steals a lot of buffs, which can be a great counter for the best buff givers, both offensively and defensively!

Vinny is great for offense, because he deals damage and obliterates buffs and HP!

1 Like

Ok, update happened!! First, we have two new teams!!

The first one is a good defense team. I would recommend Tron instead of Little John. Tron will remove more buffs

The second team is ONLY FOR HIGH LEVEL PLAYERS!!! Some players that are just starting on challenger will not be able to upgrade this team high enough for it to be efficient. For the choice here, I would use Cinderella if you want to keep your team stronger. She will only give buffs to your team, which can helps against many damage over time dealers or heroes like Shego, Zeus, Chef Skinner, and almost any control hero. You want to use Mary if you want more debuffing the opposing team. This is good for making sure strong heroes aren’t able to do much, and with her LO disk, it is great at the start of the wave.

I added a few heroes to the list, such as Mary Sanderson (Lo) and Ian Lightfoot (Go)!!

Hope this helps you lots and finds you wel!

1 Like

Though you seem to have good intentions, I have to say most of the time this won’t work since the rules in arena and coliseum are changing all the time.
Shank is useless this week since normal damage isn’t working, and also Baymax green won’t cause any damage, he would just provide a few shields which is not enough to make him relevant.
Maybe you should update the teams according to the rules.

2 Likes
Is Jake Long Good for Arena?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Just removed Abu from heroes list, as he is getting less useful after 4.9 update. Also changed the weekly team.

2 Likes

Poll has closed! Most voted that Jake Long was good for arena!! Jake Long deals lots of DOT fantastic damage!! His purple skill really enhances that, so make sure to upgrade and mod that skill! He is great for dealing damage and increasing movement and attack speed! If you have any recommendations for him, please comment!

1 Like

Just changed challenger team!! Yellow Team SP is decreased by 100%

New Poll for the newest hero…. Monkey Fist!

Is Monkey Fist good for Arena?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

This will close on May 15!

Poll has closed! Monkey Fist may be good for story mode, but not Arena! Please check out this weeks challenger team and give any suggestions!

Also, it’s Tiana time!!

Is Tiana Good for Arena?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

Well, we voted that Tiana was good for Arena! She is a great buff giver that can also revive a hero! I recommend keeping her with either angel or Jim Hawkins because Tiana cannot revive herself, so if she dies, she will not be able to revive anyone. Also avoid using he against Baymax.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip

1 Like

Does anyone know which team to use to have an extra bonus in challenger? I tried several that cause real damage but only give me 100 points.

First off, welcome to the forum!!!

I would use a very good damage dealer or two (Chef Skinner, Shego), Baymax, any hero that gives BD, and either Felix, Jim Hawkins, Angel, or Ariel.

However, this can be changed based on the rules of each week.

1 Like

I believe they are specifically asking about True damage (“real damage”)

In this case, Baymax would be a terrible hero to use as he will kill the whole team without gaining any bonus points for True Damage done

1 Like

Would wasabi be a good choice?

He would yes, as he does True Damage
However, he has trouble staying alive in the current meta against Baymax, Aurora, Skinner, Abu, Jake, etc.

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney