Badge Crate Behaviour?

Hey @Loutre, please can you help confirm the intended behaviour of the Badge Crate?

See ticket for context -

Thanks! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It is possible, yes.

What we said as a community is that the Badge Crate “prefers” equippable badges that you have available OR if possible, the next rank badges for characters that have 5 or all equipped.

Since blue badges stop spawning after Team Level 66, it´s best to keep characters at max rank or Blue(+0) rank. Because first purple badges are in Blue+2 and if you keep characters at Blue+1, you may get them (and generally they are pretty useless).

However, I would like to argue that purple badges should stop spawning after Team Level 166 @Loutre! Mainly because last purple badges are equippable at 130-135 and the badges can repeat after 6-7 ranks (sometimes 8, but usually only red/yellow only do).

It is possible also that orange badges could be narrowed a bit after Team Level 266 though (next cap raise).

Most orange and purple badges don´t take over 10,000 stamina (minus the ones close to the Yellow rank).

@Loutre this is really confusing :thinking: the first paragraph says “gain a badge that one of your heroes can equip”, but then the second paragraph suggests that actually that may not be the case.

It also suggests that badges from the next rarity should only drop if ‘not enough badges are equipable (sic)’ - but in my case I did have empty slots available and so according to this I shouldn’t have rolled a badge from the next rank.

Either something is wrong or the help text needs really clarifying and updating
:man_shrugging::exploding_head:

It’s not a certainty and the type of behavior you saw in the badge crate is fine. There does not seem to be any bug with the badge crate.

so just to confirm so I know for the future - it is possible to roll a badge that none of my heroes can currently equip, even if I have other open badge slots available - this is correct?

Yes, that is correct.

1 Like

Ok thanks, please could the team review the in-game help text as pictured above? Because it doesn’t make that clear at all, and someone might assume the exact opposite

2 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | Š Disney