Badge usage not showing heroes below Y0

Since the 4th anniversary (or somewhere around that time), badges I am viewing with the “i” button don’t show their usages for any heroes below Y0. This wasn’t the case before and I could see all the heroes and their ranks that can use a badge. Usages on Y0 heroes and above seem to show as normal (not 100% sure).

From time to time I can see a Red heroe in the usage list but it is never all heroes that can use it.

Where is your hero now? The one shown there?
When your hero reaches Red rank, that badge appears as needed for R5, not sooner.

Tbh I would prefer previous system that was showing all uses for all the heroes. At least that way I could keep the record of how many heroes need a specific badge.

He is R2 (Drakken) and the badge is for his R5, and as far as I remember it used to show all the usages some time ago, I think it stopped around the 4th anniversary.

Much longer ago.

But was this an actual intended change? It makes no sense, now when I get a badge offer I don’t know who I can equip it on. And why does it show normally for badges for Y0 rank and above?

Don´t ask me - I don´ t know.

@Loutre @Nugget is this an intended change or should I open an ingame ticket? If it was intended what other options do we have to see who will need a specific badge?

It seems like it works arbitrarily.

Here is one that shows yellow uses:

One that shows a Red 19 + Yellow rank hero (but not all usages):

One that shows one Red19 rank hero but doesn’t show other Red19 heroes such as Pete 19:

Does your Pete need the badge or does he have it equipped?

My Pete is R14 and my Ron is R12. So both of them need Storm Rhino and they both need it at R19, its strange that the game shows only 1 of them (and there are many others that need it). Whatever rules the game follows, it makes no sense to not display both of them in this case as they are at similar rank and need it as the same rank, hence why I think this is buggy.

I guess that the “needed for” screen is used to determine drops in Badge Crates. Therefore the R19 badges for Pete will only show as “needed” when you have all R18 badges equipped or promoted him to R19.

That´s my theory, Loutre or Nugget can either confirm or deny that via talks with the devs or if they know directly (which I doubt).

If your theory is true, then Ron shouldn’t be shown as well as he is R12. Whatever rules the game follows they should either both show or neither show, showing only 1 of them seems buggy.

I’ll wait a few more days and open a ticket as this is really hurting me - I don’t know which badges to buy with badge bazaar tokens and whether I will need a badge I get from the badge crate for a future upgrade of the prize wall hero.

Could be that a certain badge Ron can equip at R12 or R13 is a prerequisite for Storm Rhino.

Hmm apparently the newly released hero shows up properly in the badge list:

So I’m guessing the game has some logic that filters out the heroes it thinks you care about? I’ve also opened a support ticket.

You do not have Aurora unlocked.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney