Banned account (Part 2)

Good morning to you all.

I am writing this second part to expose the outcome of the problem that I setted out in a post a few days ago. The purpose of this post is to confirm the unsatisfactory technical support offered by this brilliant game.

I would like to state that as much as the rules say that refunds are forbidden, every situation should be analysed before banning “by law”. My friend has been permanently banned because he did not receive an offer that he had paid for and, as anyone would have done (at least I would), he made a refund of this offer.

As I do not trust the support of this game because of their inefficiency, I would like to ask you if there is any way to formalise a complaint, as we would like, at least, to get his money back, since the account seems to be completely lost. I know that surely nothing can be done, but I wonder if there is any option that I do not be aware of.

Thank you very much and have a nice day :blush:

4 Likes

Neither do I. They totally ignored mine and if they didn’t, they would give me some copy-paste answer. And you know what’s worse? They even deleted ALL my forum post regarding my complaint.

Such wonderful support!

Once they make a decision, that’s it. They don’t care about their players

About your friend problem, how about they try contacting app store/google?There is no way Perblue could take their money and offer nothing in return. That’s fraud!

I sincerely hope that your friend will get their money and/or account back. Good luck!

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply :blush: We’ll try to find a solution as soon as possible

1 Like

He can contact Google / Apple for a refound.

@Polaris, are you aware that this part of your terms and conditions is illegal in some countries? In Germany, for example, there is a statutory refund of 14 days for contracts concluded via the Internet. Your terms and conditions collide with (European) law and would therefore be ineffective.

2 Likes

PB is based in the U.S, so they don’t nessisarly need to follow European law, I know your probably just setting an example but I will mention it anyway

1 Like

Are you sure being based in US doesn’t mean they are required to abide by European laws ? Would imagine if they want to operate their game in EU or elsewhere, they got to abide by each country’s law actually to be approved to be running.

Didnt EA , who are from US, have had to give money back to consumers of other countries because other country laws said they had to. EA: The Dutch Lawsuit Is a Step in the Right Direction | CBR

Sorry Ur wrong.

What Captain_C wrote is right.

The company has the right to obey that applies in the country in which it sells its product.

1 Like

Ok obviously, I wasen’t assuming they would go and open in Europe though

I could be wrong, but I think EA has headquarters in Europe, if so, they might be based in the U.S but they need to follow rules for all countries they have headquarters in

I’m not really understanding, did you mean “to obey the rules that applies”? (Also, it’s not a right, it’s an obligation)

After stamina gate 2020 I tried to get an Apple App Store refund and they declined it. Each time I escalated the refund level of review, they continued to decline It. I provided screen shots of PB indicating that a refund was permitted and got nothing. I then went to my credit card and put a claim in with them to block the charge, which worked.
I would suggest to block the charge with your credit card company. FYI this is also why you should never use debit. The bank does not protect debit card purchases.

The Cannon Cart is correct ( These are the UK laws )

The UK has left the EU, which means that the consumer rights you have against traders in the EU have changed. When you buy goods and services from oversees traders, including those in the EU, your rights depends on the laws of the country where the trader is based.

If a credit card was used to buy the goods and the amount in dispute is over £100 but less than £30,000, then contact your credit card provider. Under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 you can hold the credit card provider equally liable with the trader for a breach of contract or misrepresentation. This could include supplying faulty goods, non-delivery of goods or making false claims about goods. This protection extends to traders overseas and items bought when abroad.

If the company is in:

UNITED STATES AND CANADA

If you know the trader’s address then you may wish to complain to the trader’s local Better Business Bureau (BBB). The BBBs aim to make the marketplace fair and effective. Some BBBs offer intervention but most of them publish ‘reliability reports’ of traders in their area.

Yes and no, the deal UK made binds UK to much to EU for my liking.

But that aside I do think UK laws if he is from UK protect him and pb has no foot to stand on, but I admit my knowledge of UK law is limited compared to my own country.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney