Behind the Game - November 22-25

Can you do the behind the scenes? You know, like seeing the design and others?

1 Like

Dear @Polaris and the DHBM employees

One question I’d like to act is how do you guys got this amazing idea on this amazing Disney crossover and when will be the best time you’re gonna release Kim Possible?

Server 12, Team Level 87

If you could ask the team one question, what would it be?

Are there plans to revamp older heroes to be competitive with the new OP heroes, or is that effort lost forever?

S14, TL 125

1 Like

Our server(13, 15) people are Korean and Japanese.
I am wondering other server people’s nation

1 Like

Is pb interested to Run this Game on Long Term?

1 Like

Why is there more hero refreshes compare to before? Older heroes are not as good as the new ones.

What is your favorite game that is not this.

Hm…well, I have these questions in my mind for a long time.

1. Does your concept-makers watch Disney clips to get inspiration or maybe they ask Disney itself to help make the characters show their true selves in the game?
  2. Do you guys play other games that isn’t made by Perblue?

Is there a reason why we were rushed to Red rarity without Red content?

During the 9 Orange rarities the level patches came at a rate of once every 3 to 4 weeks, now Servers 2-13 are just about at Red+3 and it appears to be for no real reason (i.e. we haven’t got any Red content yet).

Did plans go wrong internally / behind the game?

Would Perblue consider compensating servers that were rushed to Red rarity without Red skills/content?

5 Likes

Hmmm :thinking:

Okay, Does the team add some of their favorite Disney Characters?

Server: 8
Team Level: 102

1 Like

Yes definitely! We are all friends on some level, we see each other and every day and so it’s hard not to be. But also we have tons of socials where we hang out, sometimes go to the nearby arcade, and game together at game nights in the office.

10 Likes

Personally my favourite movies include Robin Hood, and Beauty and the Beast (animated). My favourite characters are probably Merlin, Mulan, and Tiana.

8 Likes

Working with Disney is always exciting! We work with them every week to ensure everything meets the high standard of quality we both hold. For a lot of my colleagues, myself included, it’s a dream come true to be able to work on a Disney game. And not just any Disney game, but a game that takes from all types of Disney properties!

10 Likes

Writing the patch notes is a group effort that includes designers, product managers and the QA team.

I manage the support team and bring player feedback from support tickets and the forums to the team. I also give feedback on design and planning for future content, bringing the player perspective to any planned changes.

6 Likes

We create the list of heroes we want to use over a year in advance of them launching in-game. We decide which characters have abilities that can lend themselves to a battling game, and then we work with Disney to make sure our vision is consistent with what that character can or would do in their own world. We then go through a multi-step process with hero art that includes concepts, line drawings, colour, and finally animation & VFX where we work hand-in-hand with Disney to ensure high quality. Developers then take the final product to implement in-game, Designers balance, and Quality Assurance tests for bugs. Finally, we release these heroes to you, our players!

It’s a fairly long process from ideation to launch, but a fulfilling one that allows us to make sure only the very best quality and Disney-tastic heroes make it into your hands.

15 Likes

Great question! Generally the first step we take when designing a hero is to collect as many references as possible from any movies or shows that are related to them. We then use those references to inspire the animations we’ll use and the skills that hero might have. Disney collaborates with us as well to make suggestions during the entire process and to make sure that we’re releasing the best and most authentic version of a hero possible.

Absolutely! As a designer it’s important for me to be playing the latest games so that I’m on top of all the newest mechanics and features that other games are doing. I also try to make sure that I play a wide variety of games in different genres and platfoms because inspiration can come from anywhere for new features in our game.

12 Likes

We code the game almost entirely in Java.

7 Likes

Yes definitely! We’re already planning out our roster of 2021 heroes, and our goal is to run this game for many more years to come.

17 Likes

Another famous character-collecting game: Pokemon! There’s even a group of people in the office (myself included) that play Pokemon Go regularly together.

7 Likes

Yes there is! We did a small one with Felix in our latest release, but we’re going to be doing more hero refreshes starting with our next client that should make these refreshed older heroes relevant and more balanced against how the game difficulty evolves over time.

14 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney