Challenger Rules, skill interactions and Luck based circumstances

This is going to be a bit if a twofer, but there’s a few things about challenger that’s started to bug me.

The first is a general inconsistency regarding how the challenger rules and hero skills interact with each other.
For instance, in this season, all heroes begin with a hex effect, but a maxed red skill Mad Hatter causes the effect to be removed.
Conversely, one season a few seasons back had a rule where all heroes started with a study effect, but a maxed red skill Pleakley wouldn’t apply any mosquitoes. (I get the slight difference of one being a passive effect that lasts a set time and the other is an active application, but still.)
There are probably more cases where rules and hero skills interact inconsistently but those are the two that immediately come to mind.

The second thing that’s starting to bug me is a bit more specfic, but next season’s rule is the Bear Trap one, which does nothing but add an element of complete luck to the efforts of trying to get a quick win, seeing as the same teams would have different trap configurations each time and thus whether or not a key hero gets stunned halfway through becomes completely random.
(I get that HDL does the same thing but it’s one thing to deal with a team that’s designed with that aspect and another to deal with it being there regardless)

Not a season we have right now, but yes, this creates questions. I totally remember that maxed purple skill Bunsen was unable to block Challengers studies.

Revival! seemed as good a place as any.

@Loutre is there any plan to review Quick Win mechanics in Arena & Coli? This is not very fun to play against every 3rd-4th week…

3 Likes

I don’t believe there are any plans at the moment, but I did pass it along to the team!

5 Likes

Thanks! With the mechanics as they are, most of the players who want to place highly will just use some kind of defence like this, regardless of the heroes’ strength purely because they are effective at preventing Quick Win points.

It rather defeats the purpose both of upgrading heroes for defence (when Purples work just as well), and also upgrading heroes for attack since it’s difficult to score a lot of points against such teams. Half the fun of PVP is the challenge of pitting your best heroes against the opponent’s, and this - in supposedly the top league on the server… isn’t it.

1 Like

It’s really a simple fix: Revive and Life-Saver effects don’t function in Arena and Coliseum.

Boom. Done. This cancer is dead.

Wtf?

This will make some heroes useless in PVP. :woman_facepalming:t2:

4 Likes

Because that’s never happened before…

1 Like

Yeah, but at least it was just for 4 weeks at a time :expressionless:

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney