Changes to Contest Task Scoring

Unless your in a high challenger league you won’t reach a million pretty much

2 Likes

Spend 534 x 334,000 gold to win. Roughly 178 millions.

So it’s basically, who in Challenger Rank can spend the most gold. People in lower Arena and Coliseum ranks will have an automatic disadvantage here. Unless they buy an enormous amount of gold, they won;t be able to compete.

14 Likes

You have co test for earning Arena and Coli tokens but we can only get those once a day. So noone can get 1 million points unless they spend a crap ton of gold. You did not think this one through. Just saying

10 Likes

There’s usually a gold deal at least every other day, so unless there’s one every day of the contest it’ll be hard to tell if they’re specifically being generated for that purpose. I’m more interested in seeing if there’s any deals for tokens. (Or, possibly, any deals for preposterous amounts of gold.)

What? Why? This process only hurts players and guilds who actually spend time playing/collecting/planning out how to play this game. This is sadly just another big push for whales and players that have huge funds of supplies available. Here’s my initial questions I ask when I see this kind of limiting gameplay.

-How many mission speed ups do I own?
-How many multipliers do I have to make this contest surge spending worth it?
-Will PB push sales because they removed any planning phase to the event process?
-Will whales just out buy everyone else out due to the limited timeline of guild coins?
-Are guild coins useless now? (So much lost value)
-Are contests actually based on playability over the course of a weekend or based on a players wallet?

These are real questions. Wow this is gross.

21 Likes

But does buying tokens = earning tokens? That’d be the question.

Tbf Promotion in leagues gives tokens.

Eek, to me this just looks like “players are hoarding resources for contests and as a result aren’t purchasing enough of the contest-related IAP we run during the contests. If we change the rules to only count resources earned while the contest is active, players will be forced to purchase the IAP if they want to compete”

… except said players won’t purchase the IAP, they will just not participate.

30 Likes

I’m taking it as a given that it’ll be harder for F2P and occasional spenders to reach the top ranks, although that was pretty hard anyway. I’m mainly wondering how it’ll affect everyone’s chances of reaching all the progress goals.

9 Likes

Perblue congrats for screwing pretty much every free player I know people who only get 200 arena coins a day that won’t get them to a million and gold is so hard to get

14 Likes

10 gold for 1 point would Be doable

2 Likes

They will sell you everything to win points while they win your pocket :slight_smile: that’s how they do everything nowadays

2 Likes

This. All of this. It will deter players from even caring about contests altogether. Why bother playing when the cost of entry to do decent is way too high?

10 Likes

The wording makes this sound a lot more unscrupulous than it actually is but honestly as far as this contest is concerned it isn’t all that bad all things considered. In the 3 days of the contest a Gold 5 arena player will get 672 tokens which at 450 points a piece gives them about a third of the way through the contest. Heavy gold spending will still be a necessity to actually complete the contest but it does at least give some value to players not at the highest ranks.

I will say that this could all be very well for naught if the “fairness” of a contest is messed up horrendously in the weeks to come.

I have a lot of gold, and I am in Plat 1. :grin:

That’s what’s up!

I don’t think the changes are a good idea at all…

1 Like

Exactly. I suppose the point is to push deals to buy with money to get “an edge” in a contest.

2 Likes

Changes are a great idea makes them more even but no offense the point awarded stink on earlier servers

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney