Character Cap

Is PerBlue going to keep adding characters until fans or Disney tells them to stop? Or will they do it until they run out of characters to add?

Until the game dies :neutral_face:

1 Like

Oh, okay. Thank you for answering. They’ll keep doing it until people lose interest in the game. As long as there are players, they will keep adding characters.

But that won’t be for a long time. There is so many characters left to do and the normal campaign isn’t even finished yet.

“As long as there is imagination left in the world, [this game] will never be complete.” - Walt Disney

Yeah, I recently unlocked Chapter 21 of the normal campaign. It may be like what Walt Disney said about Disneyland. The game will never end and they will always be adding characters. Whether it be old TV show IPs from the 80’s and 90’s that haven’t made in yet like Gummi Bears, Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers, Bonkers and Mighty Ducks: The Animated Series or expanding to and adding movie
IPs like The Hunchback Of Notre Dame, Oliver and Company, Brother Bear, The Great Mouse Detective, The Aristocats, 101 Dalmatians, The Little Mermaid etc. Heck, I don’t think they’re done adding to Gargoyles yet. We just have Goliath and Demona. I think we have a chance of getting Hudson, Bronx, The Trio, Xanatos, Elisa and Puck.

As much as I will hate when that time comes, the game probably will end at some point. All mobile games like DH:BM come to an end eventually. It’s just a matter of when exactly that will happen.

3 Likes

Yeah, I agree. We just don’t know when Disney will either tell them to stop or will not let them add anymore characters. I do know that Disney does have to approve of all characters and Disney has the final say on what the characters do.

Adding new heroes is one of their main sources of income, so I think it’s safe to say that if they ever have to stop adding new heroes for any reason, that’ll be the end of the game. As much as I appreciate the slowdown, I’m already slightly concerned over the reduction of new heroes from four per month to three, on average.

2 Likes

This brings up an interesting topic of discussion. Disney Crossy Road got removed from the app store, but is still playable. There are no more new events, but there is a cycle of old ones. I think that’s still happening. Though I don’t think it could work like that with DHBM because it’s not a solo game.

Yeah, this had been nagging at the back of my mind. I had started wondering if there was going to be a time where Disney will stop allowing them to add characters to the game. I was actually very surprised that months into the game’s launch in 2018, Disney allowed them to add Mickey Mouse to the game and they are usually very protective of him. Because when DuckTales 2017 was airing, they would not allow the production team to use him at all. This leads me to believe Mickey is not easy to license.

That wasn’t what shut Crossy Road down and I assume that it wouldn’t be the cause of DH’s death either. More likely the game isn’t receiving enough revenue, so the devs would stop spending money to make more updates and characters, stop development, and just start a cycle of everything from day one (events, sales, rotations). This would also likely mean DH is removed from the app store. So only those who have the game can continue to play.

Protective of adding Mickey Mouse in their own funded game? :joy:

2 Likes

I was referring to how Disney is protective of Mickey.

Yeah, from other sources :expressionless:

Not

How it will be:

Until PerBlue gets to black numbers, new characters will be added and new chapters will be added (hence why we see Hub as it is).
Actually, it might not be a continual thing, if Disney sees DHBM as underperforming or outright being a burden, it will stop.

Luckily (?) for us, some people still buy deals without a second thought.

1 Like

I don’t think they’re going to stop adding characters, anytime soon. As long as this game keeps making Disney and PerBlue money, they’ll keep adding characters. As for running out of characters to add, I really don’t think you need to worry about that. Disney owns, like… A LOT of IPs. Which means, even disregarding Marvel, LucasFilm, and Fox characters, there are HUNDREDS, if not THOUSANDS of characters PerBlue could add! Like, I know the game already has a really big roster, but this is only like 0.1% of 0.1% of the amount of characters they could add. And there are still plenty of IPs (E.G. W.I.T.C.H., Oliver and Company, Recess), that still have yet to receive any character representation. They’ve got YEARS of viable additions.

(those aren’t very mainstream though. But Rocketeer proved non-mainstream is possible so :man_shrugging: )

The mainstream argument died a LONG time ago!

But it doesn’t make sense to add characters from “W.I.T.C.H” before characters like Pete and Daisy

It didn’t make sense to add Gonzo and Powerline before Pete and Daisy, either. But they still did, anyway.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney