Chat silence while defending AGAINST racism? PB needs to fix their auto chat bans

Please note that the following screencaps are from a fellow guild member. Also, my name in the game is currently Amber Kitty.
Screenshots removed due to inappropriate content - Polaris

The comment that landed me the chat silence that for some reason is not in my guild member’s chatlog was “2. White people have MASSACRED BILLIONS of people across time due to self-percieved “superiority”” When I went to elaborate on this point, I was informed that I was chat silenced. So @Polaris i want to know. Why is it that I got hit with a silence hammer for fighting against racism and bigotry, and this bigoted racist was allowed to continue to speak. I’ll be surprised if I get a response either here, or in PB Support, but I’ll wait.

1 Like

Did you block and report?

How do you know they didn’t receive a silence?

19 Likes

Because they were continuing to chat after I got silenced, and this was happening for at least ten minutes before I saw it and stepped up to bat. And in a case such as this, just “report and block” means little when the damage is already done. You cannae just ignore bigotry and hope it disappears. You have to address it head on.

This doesn’t mean they weren’t silenced, it most likely means you were reported and had your case reviewed first.

Erm, not necessarily. This is not a person unwittingly posting offensive things, they are deliberately trying to get a rise out of you for their own amusement. People like that, you can address all you want, but you’re actually just giving them the attention they are seeking from you.

Block and report; they disappear from your feed, their case will be reviewed and you can go on enjoying the game & pretending they never existed. :wink:

5 Likes

Isn’t it against the TOS to talk about these topics in chat? :thinking:

And, just like Ruby said, block & report the people who are being a problem and just move on. It’ll automatically send a review of all their chat messages to Support, and they should handle it from there. And, if you’re waiting for a response from PB/Polaris, you’ll have to wait till atleast Monday.

3 Likes

And on what was I reported on? My 2nd point never hit global, and it was an instant silence. My only other point in chat was “1. They are not monkeys.” My main complaint over this debacle is the fact that I got hit INSTANTLY while this troll was going on for at least 10 minutes before I stepped up to bat.

Not sure, that doesn’t line up. They don’t review your comments instantly; my guess would be that it was due to a previous offence.

1 Like

Then I would LOOOOOOVVVE to know what that offense was, cause the timing is highly sus. Also, first chat silence on me record.

Unless you’re proposing that the troll was going around and hitting block/report on anyone who popped up against them, AND my case hit the top of the stack BEFORE theirs when others said they block/reported them before I hit the scene

Alright, did you ask support what the offence was? You’ll just need to wait for their response. When people are upset, they like to say ‘I doubt I’ll get a response’, but you should know those people always end up getting a response sooner or later. :yum: Just need to be patient.

But yeah, I think you are just coming to some incorrect conclusions here. If you reported them, I’m sure they’ll receive some sort of silence (if not already), and I doubt yours is related to the comment you think it is, just based on timing.

1 Like

Well, you did tell that racist worm to kill themselves; that might have been the reason for the chat silence. I have no idea why it was applied so quickly, though.

I’ll agree that the idiot hater in question ought to be banned outright from the game, and if they aren’t, it shows there’s something seriously wrong with PerBlue’s enforcement of their own TOS if they allow someone to stay whose very username is a thinly-veiled racial slur.

Can you confirm whether others in that chat did block and report the intolerant troglodyte, so that support would know to look at the chat logs?

“Billions” is almost certainly an exaggeration, but the number is doubtless in the hundreds of millions, at least. Learn history, and be willing to recognize where your/our group has done wrong in the past.

1 Like

Aftually that was a guild mate who took the screencaps, as I stated on the top of the post. The comments I said are next to the name Amber Kitty because my tablet hates me and hates screencaps

Sorry, I misread what was going on. I have no idea why you got silenced in the first place, then. Does PerBlue have some system in place for automatically silencing someone who gets reported X times in Y minutes, maybe? Because bigoted trolls frequently hang out in packs in order to harass anyone who disagrees with their insipid garbage.

2 Likes

While trying to get a handle on the situation, I just want to say I am sorry you were banned, but you definitely could have told them the same info in a better way without threats and unkindness. Yeah they are total jerks, but that does not give us the ability to do that to them in return. Be the bigger person next time and either walk away or do not engage as Ruby mentioned. Talk to others on DMs and have fun. Unfortunately, people like that are not going to stop or likely change. Trying to help those who are affected by stuff is all we can do. Validate their feelings, do not downplay issues, and stuff like that.

They should for sure be banned. I think PerBlue needs to do a better job of handling chats because conversations of this nature on race and other topics tend to occur a lot.

2 Likes

Again, the screencaps were a guild member. My comments are labeled Amber Kitty in those caps

My comments had no threats.

First, that account is now banned. That behavior is not acceptable.

I removed the screenshots in the original post because of the content. They are racist and horrible.

This 100%. This person was trolling. They were posting vile things in chat hoping to rile people up. You are correct that racism needs to be addressed, but this is not the platform. This is a game. Block and report and enjoy your time.

In the game we have an automatic chat monitoring system. It has a dictionary of words that aren’t allowed and when those word, or variants of those words are used, it issues silences automatically. That’s what happened to you @Amber_Kitty_III. You were not silenced for standing up against racism, you were silenced for chat filter violation. There are 2 degrees of violations. For one, the word gets censored and the chat is allowed. For the other, the chat message isn’t displayed in the game. That’s why in your screenshot, there isn’t any of your chat that violates the rules. It wasn’t allowed to display.

No chat monitoring system is perfect and people are constantly trying to find ways to evade the filter. That’s why we also have the block and report function so we can catch the things that get through the automated system.

17 Likes

I don’t think you were silenced for defending racism (as Polaris said)

It might be the capitalized words. Very strong connotation.

My simplification on what Polaris said.

Historically speaking… they are not wrong. Billions is an exaggeration, but it gets the point across.

no need to argue the semantics of this that or the other statement lol, the point has been addressed. :man_shrugging: nothing more to see here

13 Likes

@Polaris think you can close this topic?

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney