Chronological Hero Release guide

Updated for Cinderella Prize wall rotations starting 13 December 2022
I kept the rotations to 3 weeks even though it is technically 2.7 weeks this time and will be 3.3 next time, for simplicity

Confirmed rotations again based on previous predictions:

Prize wall (3 weeks) → Battle Pass (1 month) → Contest Rewards (3 weeks) → VIP Crate (3 weeks) → Guild Crate (3 weeks) → Token Crates (9 weeks) → Diamond crate (6 weeks) → Elite campaign

• Token crates rotate in order of Arena, City watch, Coliseum - next up is Prince Phillip rotating out of City Watch into Diamond Crate.

Unsure at the moment whether Audrey will rotate out of the Challenger rewards on 28 December after 6 seasons similar to Flik as it was confirmed that Cinerella will be the last hero for the year, however, the new season’s rewards are only available from 4 January, so there is still a chance this falls in “next year”

Let’s see

1 Like

Patch Note 4.1 link is broken

1 Like

Updated for Luca and Alberto joining as a duo pair for #195

tumblr_9a7c8bd9a201c344dc87045305566226_59c84dfa_500

Rotations confirmed as previously predicted, with the only exception being the Challenger Reward hero as Audrey is still stuck here until the team decides to release her.
From what we can gather, this might be the last hero in this rewards rotation - which does not appear to be a good thing…

Stay tuned as today’s patch Notes will hopefully give some more information on this.

7 Likes

Added Phoebus as #196
FirstAnyBeagle-max-1mb

With the end of new Challenger rewards heroes, they have brought these into rotation. It looks that the heroes will now rotate:

Prize wall (3 weeks) → Battle pass (1 month) → IAP → Challenger rewards (4 weeks) → Contest rewards (3 weeks) → VIP Crate (3 weeks) → Guild Crate (3 weeks) → Token Crate (9 weeks) → Diamond crates (6 weeks) → Elite Campaign

in 4 weeks we will be able to confirm / deny this - but for now, this is where we are

3 Likes

@Nugget At this point I just wonder why the team doesn´t change the rotation to:
Prize Wall (a month) → Battle Pass (1 month)/Challenger rewards (4 weeks) → IAP → Contest rewards (4 weeks) → VIP Crate (4 weeks) → Guild Crate (4 weeks) → Diamond Crates (8 weeks) → Elite Campaign.

Basically slightly longer cooldowns on Contest rew., VIP, Guild Crate and Diamond Crate (total of 5 weeks more), but omitting Token Crates (9 weeks long).

1 Like

I think their reason is that they can’t afford three weeks of prize wall (3 weeks wall + 1 week off)

It would just be too many rewards and that would be… how did they put it again… “bad for the economy” “bad for their bank”

Also 3 weeks prize wall would be super boring
Even the week inbetween prize wall at the moment is boring and really nothing happens to push me to log in every day, as the daily rewards are meh at most

But I do agree that a new rotation would be great and the Token crates and Challenger rewards need to be increased drastically or just removed completely

1 Like

Why not do then a 2 week prize wall… and a 2 week “franchise prize wall” with only the last hero quests (which give tokens)…

Tokens give usually less stuff than the other hero quests.

It would count as a) a good way to motivate players to boost their heroes for franchise trials to yellow…
b) a good way to stabilize the timings.

1 Like

No, 2 weeks of prize wall and 1 week break is ok.

The further rotations are in need of changes.

So those instead for 3 and 6 weeks. And idea is perfect.

Let just PB remove those useless annoying token crates. Waiting half a year to max new hero (not anymore after 6 months) is just stupid.

1 Like

As Bluebandit rightly said it’s that way so that they fill their budget. Obviously, why else. Cap raise wouldn’t be enough and 3 less heroes would be 30% less money from that part.

2 Likes

The problem currently is the difference between prize wall (3 weeks) and battle pass/Challenger rewards (4 weeks / 1 month)

I quite like this idea too

1 Like

Added Little John #197

8af80c1d1962e5caab7c89cb203762a3

and Statler & Waldorf #198

statler-and-waldorf-argue

Rotations have been as expected, with the exception of heroes spending 9 weeks as Diamond Crate exclusive instead of 6 previously.

Prediction for rotations on 9 March with start of Statler and Waldorf Prize Wall:

Prize wall hero: Statler & Waldorf
Battle Pass: Little John (from 1 March)
IAP / Event crate: Luca & Alberto (from 1 March to 9 March), no one after that
Challenger Rewards: Phoebus (confirmed from 22 February)
Contest rewards: Luca & Alberto
VIP Crate: Cinderella
Guild Crate: Mayor Bellwether
City Watch Crate: Quasimodo replaces 22 (after 9 weeks)
Coliseum Crate: The Mayor (until 30 March)
Arena Crate: Meilin Lee (until 20 April)
22 moves to Diamond crate
Prince Phillip moves to Elite Campaign (after 9 weeks instead of previous 6)

6 Likes

Updated for March Battle Pass rotations and

Rotations confirmed as previously predicted

The addition of Patch Heroes to Token crates is an unexpected move.
6 crates currently in game, 59 patchable heroes
Unsure if these heroes will still be farmable from Elite campaign or if they will be Token crate exclusive

Will update with more details on Tuesday when shops refresh.

1 Like

This is amazing! Who do we think will be our 200th hero? :eyes:

1 Like

Update 4.8:

Chef Skinner #199
ratatouille-meme

Flash at #200!!

22727f2f26bd4217d191df9f10d6cee6

The majority of rotations have stayed the same, with the exception of Challenger rewards
I believe the team is trying to move all rotations to align with the battle pass in the future, making small changes with every update to realign certain things…
Let’s see what they do!

6 Likes

Why is this GIF funnier when it’s sped up like this? :joy:

13 Likes

Updated for April refresh and Abu as hero #201

838725BE-DB72-4575-B3B6-303B203126CD

It would appear the team is slowly adjusting the rotations of Contest rewards, VIP Crate, Guild crate and Token crate heroes to align to the Battle Pass rotation (like how it was before, when there was a sign in hero :rofl: )

My opinion is:
Somewhere someone overlooked something and now they are trying to catch up
There are multiple heroes in the wrong place, and we will have two heroes in the IAP exclusive category from Thursday, because the other places did not rotate on 30 March when Chef Skinner’s prize wall started
The new additions of Challenger rewards being an older hero is concerning, and where will Flash move to…? Maybe three heroes in IAP exclusive? Should be fun…

But let’s see what happens in two weeks when the May rotations are announced…

5 Likes

I feel like Flash may end up in Diamond Crates… or so.

2 Likes

Jake Long is about to be the game so you might want to update the list

2 Likes

I have very rarely ever updated the list on the same day the patch notes came out
But if you think you can do it better, be my guest - make your own list

2 Likes

Added Jake Long, the American Dragon as #202
American_Dragon_Jake_Long_Transformation

One of my favourite shows, so I am very happy for this addition

Updated list with Diamond exclusive heroes too, rotation has stayed the same, with more heroes being IAP exclusive due to the 200th hero and the addition of another hero as Challenger rewards instead of making it part of the rotation.

Hopefully these will be reduced soon…

Let’s see what happens next week with May Shop rotations

8 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney