City Fair Contest (S2)

I just want to get this out of the way. Does everyone else have this insanely weird scoring system?

Yep Server 5

1 Like

@Polaris care to explain this one? Never seen a City Fair contest with such a weird and lowered scoring system before.

On server 12 look like wierd.

Well, we’ve definitely established the values are server based. Now I’m just trying to figure out why these values.

I assume the scoring is based on the average amount of coins people are holding on each server. The idea of this contest (from PB’s perspective) is to get people to spend all the coins they’ve been hoarding, so presumably the idea is to make it achievable for as many people as possible without allowing them to still have thousands of coliseum tokens and millions of gold at the end of it.

Better get those rewards first before they comp them… at least, that’s what I’m doing…

EDIT: I exhausted all of my 48,032 Tokens and still haven’t gotten to 1 Million. I really would like to know how they’ll compensate us…

1 Like

So in order to complete this event you need to spend some combination of 53M gold, 45,454 Arena tokens, 100k CW, 50k Col, 58,823 Surge, 52,631 Heist, or 76,923 War. Yikes. Obviously that is a little absurd so let’s say you spend 2000 of each token type over the length of the event and say 5M gold not too far removed for a good portion of the players.

So 2000 war is 26k points, 38k for Heist, 34k from Surge, 40k for Col, 20k for CW and 44k from Arena on top of the 94,339 from Gold for a grand total of 296,339 points. Not even a third of that 1M goal. Thankfully that is at least 3 stages of progress rewards which nets you 3 Lovebugs (60 bits), 2100 stamina, 3.5M gold and 25 diamond crates… The rewards are easily some of the worst in some time.

Edit: I think the reason Arena and Col are the best points of this event is due to the recent “you get Arena/Col rewards based on highest position” change in 1.8.

5 Likes

To be honest, my motive for competing in this contest is not for the threads, it’s for the 10x Diamond Crate Item…

1 Like

I don’t really care to much about the scoring, personally I think these token competitions are very easy. If you’ve been saving your tokens for 2/3 weeks, you should get 1M without a problem.

This is the issue I have with the competition, very poor rewards.
On top of this, the complete lack of anything interesting (Free events / Diamond Deals) for the past month is making me worry for the future of the game.

@Polaris I know PB like rotations and frequently change how these look. for the past month to 6 weeks, since the rotating 6hr deals we have been starved of events and diamond deals.
Please consider this feedback - the lack of events, is simply put, boring.

3 Likes

Numbers are ok. I have 75k tokens to spend on s16 when contest starts and i will get 3 mil contest points for them… So for 1 mil you just need like 25k tokens which is quite achievable if you are thinking resource-wise…

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney