City Watch difficulty calc

This needs to be fixed. I am a vip 13 at level 90 who has watched all the videos on how to beat it. But it’s ridiculous that I struggle to even beat easy. You need to reduce the difficulty ramp based on team power. Or you need to recalculate power rankings

1 Like

Struggle to beat easy? What team comp are you using?

You good? I’m TL 91 and VIP 1 and I still beat CW easily… I think that it’s just your team? What server are you on?

I have a hardtime at lvl 150 i agree

Seriously, I just beat easy mode using a white lvl 20 walle due to this contest (had to have meg link him). I get that it scales and gets much harder, but to say it’s unbeatable even on easy is exaggerating.

This is my final fight on Easy. This is THE strongest team in the game on server 1. Best meta, highest power version on the server, #1 player by power, strongest Randall in the game as far as I know.

So easy, right?

1 Like

There’s no difference in the enemy teams that get loaded depending on difficulty setting.

Easy, Medium, Hard - you’ll face the exact same enemy lineups.

The issue is with the immense strength of new heroes, not so much with CW itself. It does make for a frustrating time having to battle Randall after Randall, though.

3 Likes

Getting Randall is going to be rough no matter what, so they would have to fix him in general, otherwise any CW tweak wouldn’t matter once you got him.

For some of the scaling, it’s always been suggested to remove disks and mods from your heroes until the top 5 or so heroes (power) are without any enhancements raising their power and then reset CW. This way, it scales based on the new, lower total instead of the enhanced version. Then, you can replace the items after once you are ready to start. You could remove everything from everyone, but I believe that it is only based on your overall strongest team (5), just to save time. Seems to work well enough, but I can not 100% confirm how/if it works.

1 Like

Ok you all asked so tell me what I’m still missing. I have read that you should try to use your top 15 characters. I’m on server 23 with 66 characters unlocked and a team power of 630,288. Top 15 chars with all skills maxed are
Elsa Lv 90 5* O1 Olaf memory 2 Lv 30 mods
Frozone Lv 90 5* O0 Mr Inc mem 1 Lv 30 mod
Dash Lv 90 4* O1 Violet mem 1Lv20 and 1Lv 30 md
Moana Lv 90 4* O0 Meri mem Lv21 and Lv 30 mod
Stitch Lv 90 5* O1 Maui mem Lv 39 mod
Nick W Lv 89 3* O1 Yax mem 2 Lv 22 mods
Mickey Lv 89 6* O1 Lv 30 mod
Olaf Lv 89 6* O0 Lv 30 mod
Malificent Lv 89 5* O0 Urs mem Lv 32 and 30 mods
Calhoun Lv 89 4* O0 Vio mem Lv 26 mod
Chief Bogo Lv 89 3* O0 Cal mem Lv 23 mod
Gonzo Lv 89 5* O0
Meridia Lv 87 4* O0 Lv 34 mod
Peter Pan Lv 86 4* O0
Hades Lv 86 4* O0

Gonzo, Peter Pan, and Baymax wreck my teams especially if there are more than one on other team. I usually get to the 3rd area fine but then I can’t find teams that don’t get at least one of my top characters wiped.

It’s not you. CW is broken in general. The image above from server 1 illustrates part of the issue. I cannot personally remember the last time I was able to complete even easy difficulty. My total power is somewhere north of 4 million with a top team power of about 650k and I can barely get through 4 regions on any difficulty other than epic. For epic difficulty, I’m lucky to get through region 2. Its actually kind of ridiculous. The teams that the game throws at you seem to be taken from the Challenger arena. I could see maybe having one region be setup like this, but overall we should get a variety of difficulty of opponents not consistently insane difficulty.

1 Like

Thanks to all who get it. I don’t mind that I can’t pick any 5 characters and mow through the whole thing but the difficulty in my opinion does not match the description. It is not easy. I at one point had the max raids built up on easy until I couldn’t beat it any longer. I just want it to be a level playing field.

Definitely agree it doesn’t match the description. My first fight on stage 5 was against a team with over 700 k power. Went through a few ppl on it. Fight two was higher 700k team with a 175k Randall. Oh forgot to mention this is on easy mode. How is that possible? I like a challenge but also think easy level should be beatable!!!

I’m the same! I use to have no issues with beating city watch on medium and now I can’t make it past round 3 on easy!! Needs fixed

I have over 6 mil total power and can’t beat easy mode. It’s not much fun to face these ridiculous teams . Please make some adjustments to lower difficulties!!!

Son I’m not the only I haven’t been able to beat a city watch for months and have a team level of nearly 700000 I thought it might be my characters but might be the game

Yeah I get your issues too. Seems like the higher you are in arena the harder city watch is. Doesn’t appear to scale well.

Woops. I just posted on a dead post. Missed the fact it’s not still 2020!

It scales based on your top 5 heroes.

2 Likes

Ohhh… Is that how it works. Well I should stop levelling them and work on the rest for a bit then!

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney