City watch Epic come on per blue

Starting on 3rd stage every lineup has a 155k+ level Randall in it. I mean by the time you get to stage 4 hes up to 160k +. Are you really suppose to be able to actually complete this?? Make the game fun and actually able to complete. I have not completed city watch ever since Randall came out. And somebody remind me why I still play???,

4 Likes

My city watch is so hard, I cant get past level 3

1 Like

I can’t get past it either. I remove my hero disks before resetting, my top 15+ heroes are Lv150 and R3 and still can’t finish CW on easy. I have pretty much given up on CW and only do one fight to get the daily.

1 Like

My experience is: some days you get easy fights, sometimes you get impossible fights. Like, some days, I won’t encounter Randall even once, meaning that I have an easy time. Sometimes, I encounter Randall three times in a row, which stops me dead in my tracks. I can squeak by one, losing only a few of my eight good characters. Then if I meet another Randall, I’ll lose most of the rest of my good heroes. At that point, I barely have enough left to crawl through the rest of the fights, but one more Randall and I’m dead.

Perblue needs to find a way to associate an appropriate power rating for overpowered new characters. Someone like Randall should have a power rating that’s about three times the number he’s currently given. That would hopefully stop some of these utterly imbalanced matchups.

2 Likes

Randall is fine without the disk and seems appropriately powered and I’d be super satisfied but as soon as he has his gaston disk its game over, I can usually complete city watch but it leaves such a nasty taste in my mouth it’s no longer fun in any way whatsoever which is ruining this game for me!!! Every week I’m just inching to quitting and my playtime drastically decreases by the hours!!! Please look into this @Polaris and paired with his redskill is even more annoying, that gaston disk needs to be changed to maybe only dodging basic attacks or skills only NOT BOTH CMON!!!

2 Likes

What we’re seeing is the natural and logical conclusion to perblue’s constant and rampant release of OP hero after OP hero without (seemingly) any regard for balance.

As these heroes are released, the top players will inevitably buy and level them to maintain their position. And as CW and surge both draw from Arena and Coli, the OP heroes keep showing up at higher and higher rates, meaning that, if you don’t want to pay for the newest broken hero, EVEN PVE MODES BECOME NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE!

1 Like

These CW lineups that are being drawn from Coliseum are horrible whatever algorithm that’s being used is garbage because a Randall shows up in 90% of them PB, why is this @Polaris? Not to mention I did an easy city watch today for an older achievement and let me tell you it was just as hard as epic wtf!!!
Ps: Hello Hyper, fellow server 1 mate

1 Like

I have to admit it’s getting really annoying too. I don’t mind not being able to keep up in PvP modes like Arena and Coliseum, but at least make it possible for me to at least be able to complete the lowest level of City Watch and be able to clear more than just three areas in Surge. Heck, nowadays I even struggle with clearing infected areas, all because the level cap keep increasing and my regular heroes are heavily outclassed by the newer heroes and even creeps now.

Just gong to once again voice my (very agitated) option about this whole mess the game has gotten itself into.

I think it’s safe to say most people were, while not particularly happy about it, at least accepting of the release of OP heroes.
However, that has changed, primarily due to 2 main factors that WILL get worse over time and will almost inevitably drive more and more players away until the game becomes unsustainable.

Factor 1: Resources.
As level and rank caps increased, so too has the resources necessary to get any given hero up to max strength. However, the resources that can be gained has not increased accordingly.
Earlier in the game, when an OP hero was released, getting it to max was, while much longer than it was for those willing to pay, still possible for those who play for free.
This is not the case these days. The sheer amount of resources needed to get a new hero to max is astronomic and still rising. And if this keeps up, even people willing to pay will start to struggle.

2: Difficulty Bleed.
This is the primary problem with OP heroes being released in general. Even ignoring the PvP modes (arena, coliseum and war) these heroes keep showing up, and often do so in fashions that increase their already monstrous power.
City Watch and Creep Surge are the primary examples, as they draw their teams from the PvP modes. City Watch being the worst offender there, as it results in OP teams showing up at with MUCH higher levels than the cap, putting even mirror teams at a significant disadvantage, even without taking wards into consideration.
Invasion and campaigns aren’t safe either, specifically infected campaign nodes.
The crux of this issue though, is that as more OP heroes are added, more teams that can use multiple OP heroes can be made, and these teams will keep showing up and people will be unable to deal with them.

Worth noting, these factors aren’t even specifically issues in and of themselves. They’re only issues because of the massive power disparity between older and newer heroes.

THIS is why ensuring the heroes are balanced is paramount, because it isn’t just the P2W players that are affected, and the F2P players are becoming more and more unable to handle the impact.

And they didn’t believe me.

Sounds about right.

The thing is, 99% of the people who complain about struggling with City Watch, don’t actually have a problem with City Watch

The game mode itself is fine - the power ramp is relatively balanced, it’s only 15 battles, the rewards (while not spectacular) are decent and add up over time. There’s also more strategy involved, depending on how easy or difficult you want to make it, than any other game mode.

The problem is actually with the OP meta heroes, which also contributes / is the main part of many other game issues, such as Arena / Coli progression. No matter how fair the power scaling in CW is (which it is), a ramped up meta team full of the newest OP heroes is extremely difficult to defeat without losing a good deal of HP / Energy or even some heroes lives, which ruins the strategy element and can jeopardise the entire CW.

Adjusting CW to make it easier, rather than fixing the core problem of hero balance, seems like a band-aid and will also not satisfy those who usually enjoy CW (such as myself).

I suggested building on the CW guild perks previously, I think that would still be a good way to make it more accessible without trivialising it.

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney