Coliseum needs a rework

My proposal is that coliseum should be changed

Below Challengers: You only need to win 2/3 fights to actually win the fight which would make getting promoted a little bit easier for some people

Challengers: All points should be counted if you win all the fights or if you only win 1 fight. That would make challengers much more interesting and competitive.

At the moment you could win your first 2 fights get a good score and you lose the last fight so you lose all the points you got in the first 2 wins

Any thoughts on this ?

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

5 Likes

A little blunt, but true,
Coliseum is challenging BECAUSE you have to work to win 3. I will likely never make it to Challenger 1 but I’m ok with that. The others that can’t beat 3 teams really shouldn’t be in there either.

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

How about you add some context to your post rather than just slamming my post.

Why is it a bad idea ?

( further add to my post)

I’m just finding it annoying that I win 2 fights then come to the last fight and either I lose it then lose the whole fight or the battle timed out and I lose:

How does the game decide who wins if the battle timed out ? Sometimes I win the fight other times I don’t ?

1 Like

I believe it’s supposed to be the side that dealt the most damage during the battle

2 Likes

I don’t think it works like that. The other day I fought a Merlin team that turned my whole team into squirrels, and then Merlin kept spamming so much that I literally timed out the 90 seconds that way, with one hero still alive. My team clearly did less damage yet it gave me the win

1 Like

Nope, the team with the most hp wins

2 Likes

Yep, its one on one of those tips you see when loading into the game

1 Like

How is it terrible. Omg because you want points to count multiple times. Which means people can find a lucky line spam it for points and win easier. Highest points wins is fair as Is. Only highest scores count is fair.

1 Like

Also you dont lose the points for the 1st 2 in coli you just don’t get the quick kill bonuses unless you kill all three.

1 Like

Yes because what you need in challengers is more low level players doing nothing except giving easy points to whales.

So you just want to change the game for one that lets you win?

It’s supposed to be hard. If you feel that the competition ain’t fair, it’s because it is not supposed to be. There are people that is actually paying to have better chances.

3 Likes

And also gaining more rewards for themselves :stuck_out_tongue: I think those low-level players would rather have a chance at more diamonds than not. There’s only so many people in a Challenger league - having more people overall wouldn’t make it easier for the top players, it would just increase the number of leagues in each bracket.

With regards the difficulty, I agree that it’s supposed to be difficult, but there’s a balancing point - often after week 2 I don’t really bother trying in Coliseum, because the number of teams far superior to mine makes it not worth the time & effort (and diamonds!) to try to place highly.

The problem with things like “make it so you only need 2/3 to win” is that also causes defence to be a very different proposition, likely actually to the detriment of weaker players. Many can’t create 3 strong teams, so put 1 or 2 stacked teams and the 3rd is meh - which is fine under the current system, but wouldn’t work nearly as well if only 2 wins were needed. They’d have to spread out and probably lose more defences.

I do think Coliseum needs some consideration as from Challenger 3 upwards it’s basically P2P, and my experience is that below the top 3-4 people per league very few actually bother to use their keys.

6 Likes

Wouldn’t necessarily make it easier… I haven’t really figured out how the leagues are made, how many of they are and how the players are sorted, but for me it appears that is luck based. Sometimes you are stuck in the first week with two big sharks and sometimes you found very weak teams in the third week.

My point exactly. There are already a lot of misplaced players among the leagues.

1 Like

Haha, I think you nailed it.

Coli should reward people that can beat 3 lines, not give participation points.

Well for a bad idea this sure got some discussion.

I still think it could work somehow just needs better way of doing it than I said

Hate to disappoint you but no it wouldn’t

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney