Connection issue - Support team being very unhelpful

Hi, I’ve reported twice about the connection issue, and both times they said it’s my fault. This is unacceptable. The last case was closed without my permission.

The first time I reported, it was for surge. I pressed fight, won the fight and then back to the surge map. It still shows red and says I am fighting it. Okay, weird. Next thing I know, about a minute or two, it shows I lost. I report it. They say it’s my fault, make sure to have a strong connection. Buddy, I was home alone, I have bell fiber optic connection, you can’t even go better than that. No one is hogging my bandwidth. They won’t compensate me anyway, they should at least give my heroes back, not mark it used.

Second time this happens, it was in heist. I pressed fight, won the fight, then after it shows that it’s still fighting. Weird… what’s going on? Then a minute later, we lost that gem. So what do I do? I report it. Guess what the reply is? It’s my fault about the connection, I disconnected myself.

[REDACTED]. I suggested some solutions, as I am an electrical engineer by trade, working on embedded systems. I know how wireless works, I know how telecommunications works, and it is unacceptable for you guys to blame it on us.

I want the compensation. And [REDACTED].

EDIT: This post was marked as inappropriate by the community - I’m sorry for making anyone in our community feel uncomfortable. I deleted parts that I believe are “abusive” but the rest are still here. FYI: none of the redacted sentences were abusive, I was pointing out the incompetency, but that’s fine.

7 Likes

Same happened to me on the heist. We had a perfect 10 and then the games lagged and we lost after winning a fight. I also work from home and have no connection issues. Seems to be a lot of people having the same problem I highly doubt everyone’s internet quits working at the same time

3 Likes

The entire server experiences lag, usually around the time war ends but at other times as well. To have a server lag blamed on players’ connection isnt right - players aren’t experiencing a world wide connection issue, the problem doesnt lie there.

2 Likes

The Customer Support has been getting worse and worse lately.

I believe it is because they are being overwhelmed with the same sort of tickets over and over and over.

The same tickets over and over should raise some flags with the Development team that there is something wrong with the game.

Instead, us players are getting responses that were obviously poorly investigated and/or generic responses, such as “Game is working as intended”.

And instead of the Developers looking into the issues that keep arising over and over, they pump out new income generating content…

Terrible business practice. It will only lead to failure in the future.

6 Likes

I was doing a heist the other day with @Loda. There were three of us in the heist: Her, myself on wifi at home, and someone else in my home on LTE. All three of us had our heist freeze for a minute at the exact same time. We lost a gem because the thief counter ran out. It wasn’t on our end, we had 3 different connection types AND we were complaining about the lockup on discord during it. Clearly the problem is server side.

4 Likes

You know there is an issue here @Polaris. Even the bitter rivals of server 1 are agreeing. The game is great. Please fix these issues instead of working on invasion. Fix what is broken now, don’t add more broken things on top of us

4 Likes

Thats a Server Synchronisation Error…happened to me twice. Buy more Servers pls !!!

1 Like

The lag has been really bad of late, I’ve been stooged a surge attack only days ago because of this as well.

Also had a heist which totally froze up for a while only a few days ago, which cost us a valuable as no-one was able to engage the thief fight.

We only have limited chances to perform actions in the game, we don’t appreciate being insulted saying it’s our connection causing the problems when it’s clearly a server issue.

3 Likes

Why was my case closed again, without any explanation?

1 Like

Another one got closed. Guys - horrible customer service! I didn’t think you guys would close it the third time.

I have screenshots, I just can’t upload it here for some reason. But one is in the support tag in the game, assuming you guys didn’t close it and delete it.

@Polaris - please respond.

Fourth time closed without any explanation.

I finally got access to this account outside of my phone so that I can properly attach these pictures to prove that I did indeed open the case. I just wanted to say that I know you guys are constantly working hard to make this game enjoyable, and I do understand that you may have players that are complaining for the sake of complaining, so it’s not valuable anymore.

But I’m coming to you guys with at least 200 days of playing, that tells you that I am a loyal player and love this game. I gave explanation (I couldn’t find the screenshot of the rest, but here’s all I have for now) that yes I understand that disconnection is possible, however, when it’s so common and I’m not the only one, then it is a bug on your side, not my side. What I do not appreciate is you guys closing my case the fourth time now, and not taking my complaint seriously. I will not open another case for now, but if I do not hear back from you guys, I will open another case in a few days.

Case closed without my permission:

Case closed without any reply:

Case closed once again, effectively ignoring me.

Fourth one, I did not screenshot, thinking they wouldn’t do that again… but … not the case.

This was extremely painful to read. You do understand the world doesn’t revolve around your compensation, right? They clearly told you they can’t compensate you. "We are not at the liberty to give you any compensation in this regard." And it sounds like it’s just heist rewards. I entirely agree with the team that you do not need compensation. However, I’ve had some problems before with Google Play, try checking there. I haven’t had any major issues with the game itself though, and I’ve played as long as you claim to have.

Thanks Eavesdropper - I appreciate your reply. I do know that it was painful, and it was kinda like insanity at this point, but what I’m complaining about is the fact that they “blame it on my connection” when it is actually their fault.

I do not like wasting my heroes in surge for something that should be given back to me due to connection issue. Surge rewards huge amount of gold. I need gold. Gold is a limited resources that we always need. Where do I get majority of the golds from? Surge and CW. Because of this issue, I lose out 80k - 100k of gold every single time.

I may or may not get compensation, and I get that. However, I want them to acknowledge that there is a bug on their side, so that they can fix surge and heist, which are real-time game modes.

Edit: I understand that people can cheat and turn off their phone to get out of surge to get their heroes back, but my suggestion that I mentioned in the support chat was to match the log that’s on my phone to their server… so if they notice that there is disconnect, check my phone. My phone should say “won this region using these heroes” – this is more robust.

2 Likes

Been playing the game from the start and has never experienced a loss of connection during surge/heist/war. If it was a bug on their side think more people would experience this.

The reason they remove your heroes as used is to prevent cheating from force closing the app.

I know guild mates have had similar experiences as you and most of the cases it’s because they change to another app and then switch back to the game. Which can cause a connection issue.

I however agree that they could atleast respond before closing your tickets. Have had a few arguments with support myself but then they have always replied.

1 Like

Many people on s1 experience a server lag, it’s been the topic of discussion many times in vip chat, by people from many different guilds and from many different locations around the globe. During this lag chests dont open, war either doesnt load or attacks bug (similar in surge - the attack is started, the player is booted out of game or app freezes, then the car/district shows under attack for several minutes), in heist diamonds get stolen because the thief fight wont open.
So we have in game support blaming players’ connections, but heres a screenshot from forums where we’re told the next update should hopefully improve the issue. I’d like to know how an update will fix my connection.

1 Like

I have been suffering similar issues on both servers I play. Last update it was more general lag whatever I tried to do, now it’s clearly focused on heist and surge.
It is not my device, and it’s not my connection. Since complaints are from several continents, several servers and by many people, it is overdue to stop blaming the players.

I had similar experiences in another game some years ago. It became practically unplayable for months, they lost thousands of players, meanwhile the customer support had the same default response, blaming the players. After months of this, they found the problem, something that was wrong in an update before all the problems started.

Please, save the game while you can, listen to the players before they leave. Something is wrong with the game.

1 Like

Glad to know that they are finally getting the message that there are connection/lag issues as shown in the message bar on the top:

Support team - Just wanted to let you know that I did not appreciate being ignored and/or being blamed that the connection issue is my fault, but I’m glad this is being resolved.

1 Like

Same problem on server 7- i think that they switched to a cheaper slower server on order to save money…this is an opinion and my personal experience

Yh m8, i have the same issues with war, as multiple guildmembers as of lately, using an attack, getting de d and losing the attack or even the guilds extra one.

The reply out of support is blamin iT on ourselves we cant see anything in the logs that this is a server issue check your WiFi, yh m8 i can watch entire movie on 4g and wifi without a single dc but cant seem to play this game decently. Im at a point im thinkin o quiting the game cause o these issues and a very unhelpfull support team. Instead of doin the daily flash deals and updating and lvlcappinf to farm more money from the players start stabilising the game im not puttin anymore money into this game. I like my guild and told them i hold off till new year but at this point i prob be quiting in the new year.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney