Could we have some notice when/how Invasion gets harder?

I’m hearing from various anecdotal sources that invasion keeps getting harder stealthily and it feels the same way to me too…but there’s been very little officially said about exactly how this is occuring.
I can understand if it’s just an overall buff in stats etc so it’s tougher overall but lately I’m seeing entire strategy changes. In this ongoing yellow Invasion for example I’m seeing both creeps and the mama bot bypassing my Sully who’s clearly in front for Finnick who’s a noticeable distance behind and throwing the strategy completely off. This coupled with thugs that can no longer be cleared easily by even D&B’s laser and now I’m being swamped where I used to easily clear this event.
What gives? Could we have some detail on something as impacting on gameplay as this?

7 Likes

I got to say I thought u personally told me @polaris in a ticket support you were looking at ways to increase rewards as of a nov 26th response ticket without increasing tiers (was at 47 tiers when previously 42 tiers) when u responded.

. See attached. As of this week see it went up again to 49, even though said before it’s hard enough to get to 42 as someone with a full work schedule during the week and can’t finish. If u going keep increasing the tiers, can u at least increase the time we can do invasion (maybe start Monday normal time but end invasion Monday at 10 est, ie closer to a full week)

2 Likes

Invasion gets harder when a new rarity realises, beacuse higher rarity=higher /more HP

1 Like

No… you can’t say it’s perblue’s fault.
Invasion is following the rules of the game. Nothing wrong, you are just not strong enough!

1 Like

Hmmm… I don’t see it this way. It’s a general problem for players who don’t want or can’t spend top dollar to keep up.
I think Invasion should be adapted to the top tier and power of your own heroes, not some generic algorithm that dictates if server cap is at lvl 150 and rarity Red 3 that all opponents are the same rarity.
What happens to folks who start out on older servers? Do they get Red 0 opponents in Invasion with their P3/P4 or Orange0 toons?
Same is with war rewards. I am Lvl 128 on S1 and not a single toon is higher than Orange 7. But I get bits and pieces for Red 3 which I probably never will use because on that server I’m FtP and don’t expect to get that far.
So what happens to players who start new with Invasion on older servers @Polaris? Do they have Red 0 as opponents and if yes isn’t that a design flaw?

Yes… (10)

1 Like

Well, in this case it’s just very very poor game design. I’m sorry.
We need new players so badly on older servers. That really sucks that Invasion is such a poor and frustrating experience for you.
Now I’m not surprised anymore why the folks with their Lvl 75-95 who came into my guild on S1 to grow barely played Invasion.
(Answer to previous post; isn’t displayed correctly :weary:).

There’s some validity to this. The opponents we fight should follow the same rules we do. How is a level 10 Mr. Incredible is R3? True, not every opponent should be maxed out. They seem to get more buff every wave of 20.

1 Like

The invincibility didn’t last for 10 seconds!!! Only last 3 seconds

I have another pretty insidious one to add for this current Invasion: Hiro’s bot lasts very long at first, then after it dies, subsequent bots die in roughly 2 shots. My guess is that it no longer dodges or it’s HP is somehow scaled down, or the Mama’s Enrage mechanic ups its levels so it overcomes the Dodge skill level of Hiro - this is basically what I meant. Without some explanation of the workings and rules of Invasion I can only guess.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney