Dr. Facilier, the Shadow Man | C. Concept

Dr. Facilier

DrFacilier
2 Star Frontline Support Hero
“Gentlemen! Enchanté. A tip of the hat from Dr. Facilier.”

Basic Attack: Facilier strikes with his cane

White: The Shadow Man

ShadowMan
Facilier attacks all chosen allies, dealing true damage equal to 10% of his max HP over 3 seconds and gaining X skill power for each ally hit.

While on auto, Facilier attacks all nearby allies.

Green: Voodoo, Hoodoo

Facilier stabs a voodoo doll with a pin, Cursing two random allies for 7 seconds. The ally receives X reality and 10 tenacity for the duration of the curse. Facilier can curse himself.

Blue: In My World Now

MyWorldNow
When a hero falls below 20% hp, Facilier covers them in a cloud of lime green smoke. This has a cooldown of 5 seconds.

If they’re an enemy, Facilier does X(F) damage and stuns them for 9 seconds.

If they’re an ally, Facilier instantly KO’s them and steals 90% of their base skill power.

Purple: Friends on the Other Side

FriendsOnTheOtherSide
Whenever Facilier defeats an enemy or ally, they’re turned into a “Friend”.

“Friends” have X max HP and Y skill power, and retain all of their skills, but not their armor and reality. Enemy “Friends” are not affected by this skill.

Friendship Disks:

Dr. Facilier/Tia Dalma
The Other Side
Boosts Facilier’s “Friends”
Facilier gains X skill power
Facilier takes 8% * S less damage for each of his “Friends”
KOed “Friends” give Facilier 40% * S of their skill power

Dr. Facilier/Elsa
Another Kind of Magic
Better Support
Facilier’s allies gain X max HP and skill power
“The Shadow Man” and “In My World Now” heal allies instead of doing damage
“The Shadow Man” multiplies hit ally’s skill power by 120% * S for 4 seconds

14 Likes

Facilier does seem like the type of hero who feeds off of his allies stats.

2 Likes

A villain who Damages and buffs allies suits Dr. Facilier! And he is a little OP but pretty balanced

1 Like

Love it. Perfecto

1 Like

Great concept @PawpsicleSticks. :+1:

1 Like

But he seems kinda tankish…

This isn’t catalogue wrong? I’m mean Hero concepts were moved to another place.

1 Like

I didn’t use the #forum-events:hero-concepts category because it’s a branch of “forum events”, and intended for fun concepts like Unlikely ones. If actual concepts pitched at the game don’t belong in Hero Wish List, what does? Just younger members saying “I wnat perry platupus” just to be told to make a skillset?

1 Like

@PawpsicleSticks this might be for your interest.

1 Like

Ahh, I see. My apologies.

I liked this!
Interesting how he actually takes from his allies good concept @PawpsicleSticks

2 Likes

This concept is certainly one of the more interesting ones on the forums. The idea of dealing damage to allies is certainly a tough one to integrated into a hero’s kit, as there has to be a tangible benefit, Unfortunately, I can’t say that this kit has achieve such goal.

First of all, White is somewhat odd. Dealing 10% of his max health damage to all allies is rarely useful, unless it is combined with Maui energy generation. Even then, DoT would be better, as it prevent you from hampering your team. Furthermore, stealing skill power is a second drawback that has virtually no upside. If you reconsider his kit, Dr. Facilier does not have any notable damage or heal that would benefits greatly from the self buff. Maybe Blue skill, but that requires the enemies to be at 20%. I struggle to see why I would want a Skill Power debuff on my entire team every time he uses his White.

Green is better on the risks/rewards scale. The Curse status can at least be cured by Kevin and resisted by Mad Hatter, while the afflicted ally gains Tenacity and Reality. Still, the random nature means that while the skill will benefit someone, it may not be the one you want.

Blue is confusing mainly on the ally part. Without Purple, and there will be a period of time where there are no Purple, Dr. Facilier is detrimental to the team. He effectively cut his ally max Hp by 20%. As mentioned in White, he lacks the means to use the massive amount of skill power stolen, since his kit has absolutely no damage aside from Blue. The skill seems to hurt more than help, as unless the enemy team is low first, Dr. Facilier is helping them kill your allies.

Purple is perhaps the hardest skill to weigh on the risk/reward scale. It helps alleviate Blue, making the ally component bearable. I said bearable because while “Friends” do gain bonuses, there are multiple flaws. Firstly, it only works 75% of time, meaning there is a chance that he would still kill off his allies for a stat he can’t use. Secondly, if I read it correctly, the “Friends” have the same HP and Skill power. This can be really good or really bad, as some allies might have more Skill power as “Friends”, while other suffered. Still, the saving grace is that the stat might be buffed by the Skill Power he gained. Third of all, would they still use White or Purple? If so, do they start with no energy?

The enemy part of Purple is nice as a snowball mechanic, though it might need some balancing since “Friends” lacks a duration. Either it is too OP, or too underwhelming, depending on the skills they get. Still, with no damage in his kit, the chance that Dr. Facilier KO an enemy is not high.

His Disks flips his flaws around, though this in itself is troublesome. Tia disk is fine, but Elsa is interesting. It’s not bad at all - in fact it might be mandatory - since all his negative aspects are gone. A Hero should not need their Disk to be functional. Even the description say it makes Dr. Facilier a better support.

Finally, aside from Tia disk, Dr. Facilier lacks any survivability as a frontline hero. The only thing he might have is the Reality from Green, but that is unreliable.

Overall, thematically, Dr. Facilier concept reminds me of his movie self. However, the kit lacks a cohesive strength, and the risks severely outweigh any rewards. His mechanics are also strange to use and his synergies are limited. I would love to hear your insight on the character design and its strategic usage, but for now, I can’t praise the concept.

1 Like

I made some changes to it, thank you for your in-depth review of the skillset. :smiley:

Points for creativity but attacking allies is probably a bad idea in practice.

It actually suits Facilier!

2 Likes

Yeah thematically but gameplay wise harming allies is a terrible idea.

PerBlue has done this before

When did they do this?

DragonSoul.

Then you would use the Elsa disk, if you don’t want him damaging allies.

I’d also like to point out that his skillset rewards him for damaging his allies. His white gives him skill power, and if on auto only targets allies near him, which would be durable frontliners. His green provides Reality for two allies, and the curse isn’t harmful as long as you aren’t worried about survivability (or if you’re using shields). The blue is potentially the most harmful to your team, but it synergizes extremely well with his purple. His Tia disk even further boosts his purple, as when maxed out he’ll be completely invincible once he has 3 Friends.

With his skillset, he’d work well with Megara. She keeps him up and running, and once she gets low he snipes her, giving her a revive. Of course, heroes with revives of their own won’t appreciate him stealing most of their skill power, but glass cannons could make a fine gamble. Come to think of it, creating a Facilier team would take decent amounts of brain usage. :blush:

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney