DuckTales (2017) Costumes & Altered Skills

DuckTales Reskin Concept

So Scrooge McDuck, Huey, Dewey, Louie, Launchpad, Gizmoduck and Megavolt are in this game. All Disney Afternoon characters.

I myself adore the classic Disney Afternoon but part of me wonders how the characters would look in this game if they were designed after the new amazing reboot on Disney XD right here

Obviously, PB said they don’t want to add any more costumes but let’s say if they did decide to do more, and they decided to do the DuckTales characters. Many fans nowadays would love that because it would allow Webby to come into this game because she really only fights in the reboot.

But I have some ideas for how a costume and altered skills (to fit the reboot) could look for Scrooge, the nephews and Launchpad. Not DW or Megavolt though because their show is separate and should be the classic. Anyways, let’s get into this. Woo-hoooo!

Scrooge McDuck

Everything would be the same for him except for his skills which we’ll get into, but first of all, we have to address his quote. His quote would be the same but it’s “Tougher than the toughies and smarter than the smarties”. PB writes it “Smarter than the smarties and tougher than the toughies”. Just a minor thing but it pays off to be sharper than the sharpies :wink:

His Skills

Coin Collection - The same just reskinned, it’s a very good White skill, no need to change it

Working Overtime - The same just reskinned, fantastic reference to the NES game

Flying Fortune - Would be replaced by

Sharper Than The Sharpies
IMG_20201128_154733
Scrooge dodges a enemy’s attack every 10 seconds and counters, dealing X damage and studying them for 5 seconds. For every coin on the ground, a second is taken off

Money To Be Made - The exact same, it’s a good skill. And I like the whole coin motif he has

Pile 'o Gold - The same but his attack speed would be increased to 20%. Scrooge has a very fast moving mind so I think this would work

Huey, Dewey and Louie

Everything would be the same for them also including the quote because Huey (voiced by Danny Pudi) actually says that in a reboot and it still fits perfectly

Their Skills

Dematerializer - The same except reskinned to have Huey reading his book, Louie on his phone and Dewey shooting the gun to show their personalities better

Woodchuck Trap Badge - The same except Huey only places traps while Dewey and Louie take pictures of the enemies getting trapped stunning them for 3 seconds

Woodchuck Travel Badge - The same except Huey and Dewey ride the skateboards while Louie distracts the enemies with his classic cons, charming the closest enemy for 5 seconds

Triple Stack - The same, good skill

Spring The Trap - The same, very cool skill. HD and L were surprisingly good, you just need to heavily change their graphics to fit their very different personalities for the reboot

Launchpad McQuack

Okay so for our final one, we have Launchpad. He is literally perfect in this game. His skills are just fine, the only thing I maybe would change would be his quote. Launchpad is so hilarious so he has so many lines to go through, but I think some good ones would be

“Family truly is the greatest adventure of-OH NO THE GROUND!” because it’s hilarious

And “It’s one thing to do good when it’s easy, but it’s what you do when it’s hard, that makes you a hero” because it’s truly a deep moral

And that’s about it. Let me know if you like these ideas and if I should do Webby. This was fun and it was great getting to explore this show that I love so much again. Thanks for reading and until the next post, peace out

5 Likes

That, of released on a update, would make 2nd best update ever.

DT17 is really great reboot :relaxed:
It’s sad PB, as any other game, go with the old series.

1 Like

Aren’t you forgetting Magica?

1 Like

Oof, you’re right. I did forget about her. To be honest though, she would be the same just reskinned, her kit is just fine

I still adore the original series but for myself, as a young person, I can say that the reboot has meant so much to me. But alas, any DuckTales is still DuckTales and that warms my heart

1 Like

Gizmoduck will have his own separate post also. I have big plans for him because he’s voiced by Lin Manuel Miranda and that’s amazing

Actually Gizmo and DW don’t need to change. They’re kinda the same thing if you look at it.

2 Likes

I guess it’s double standard now though since Darkwing has been made canon in the show. Fair point. I still have something planned for him though, lol

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney