Economy changes with 1.7

Still enjoying the game. Made a bit harder to lvl up now. More to do now

1 Like

Not more to do. The same to do only WAY longer now

5 Likes

And now ladies and gentleman, the piĆØce de rĆ©sistance. Fortify the Network on servers 1-8. Regardless of whether or not this was scheduled before or after the patch launches it just deals what I believe to be the final blow to many long time players and fans. If it was scheduled before, then they (PB) knew exactly what they were doing. If scheduled after 1.7 it shows an irredeemable amount of tactlessness and shows how numb they are to the plight that they have orchestrated on itā€™s players. This is a skillless contest and nothing more than a milk the whales weekend. Incredible.

4 Likes

@Polaris
Thank you for taking the time to provide a response to your bosses. (Technically, the players are yours and all PB employees bosses. If we donā€™t spend our money and time on your games, you donā€™t have the jobs you do.)
I digress, sorry.

Having said that, itā€™s quite a challenge you all at PerBlue have implementing harmony in a dual style format (FTP and PTP). When you allow the both to exist at the same time with one another, imblance and discontent will grow and grow and grow. It happens to all games with same format. It will never change.

The gold nerf hurts everyone. The reasoning is understandable but the execution not so much. I feel itā€™s bigger than it seems on the surface, though. Those who donā€™t spend, or spend very frugally, will see greater disparity now than before relative to those who can spend money at will. This is not a wrong or injustice, people can spend their real life money however they please, but there is no disputing is has created a greater disharmony between those populations of players.

It seems like the focus and direction of the game isnā€™t for the majority, but for the minority. If content isnā€™t moving fast enough, then those who invest the most time and monetary resources will get bored and might possibly get irritated that others who donā€™t fork out the money have ample opportunity to catch up. Why invest money to be successful (please donā€™t confuse this will skill playing ability) if the ROI isnā€™t rewarding?

Maybe there should be complete FTP servers. Let the system simply do its thing naturally. If people want a boost here or there, then do your ad watching strategies accessible equally to all.

Perhaps implement servers with spending caps. This will afford PB revenue opportunity, but levels the playing field moreso than at-will purchasing. This would also create purchase strategy for players. Also, please evolve beyond simply creating ā€œBest Offerā€ or ā€œBest Dealā€ stuff during special events or holidays. How about you actually say, ā€œThank You!ā€ and couple it with an ingame gift in all player mailboxes from time to time? 20x Stam or Friend recharges, 250 Diamonds, or go as far as to allow options for players to choose because some might need Stam, some might not. Valentineā€™s Day is coming upā€¦why donā€™t you show us some REAL LOVE (you know, unconditional loveā€¦no price tag attached?) and Iā€™ll venture to guess itā€™ll be a step in the right direction towards enhancing player experience and boosting loyalty.

You all at PB are very talented and motivated, but for some reason you all are not breaking any molds of PTP/FTP dual format app gaming. So, I challenge you to be better and be different. Be more imaginative, progressive and consumer focused. Put in more intelligent nand thoughtful efforts and you will see even greater success ā€“ both monetarily and with player satisfaction. Otherwise, simply do as youā€™re doing and enjoy the ride while it lastsā€¦which might not be very long.

For us playersā€¦please also take a look in the mirror. What kind of experience did you really expect? Have you not ever played a FTP/PTP format game app? Are you naive to the landscape of the gaming industry? Be more educated and save your emotions for more important aspects of your life. Itā€™ll never happen I suspect, but if we truly wanted to exercise true authority over PB, then we would all unite and stop playing effective immediately until they wised up. Then again, it might not be possible for those in too deepā€¦

(Ughā€¦did I miss another money-hungry PB flash sale?)

10 Likes

Hmm this is a chance for whales to put their money where their mouths are. Fortify the network will stand out this time if it jas an all time low earn of money.

3 Likes

I want to suggest a little idea that could be something and be a bit of a compromise for both players and PerBlue.

I wonder if we could make a compromise that instead of a 30% or so increase I was wondering if we could instead have it be 5%-10% if there really are inflation in the game.

While I would too like to instead have a gold cap I think and I would say it should be over 10 million, but if it should be as high as 50 million I donā€™t know as I donā€™t know what is considered hoarding in PerBlueā€™s eyes.

But yeah, though I thought suggest the idea about 5%-10% increase instead of a 30% increase as I hope that can be a good middle ground for both sides.

No matter what happens, I am looking forward to new characters coming to the game and experience their stories :-).

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry, but what a lousy response from Polaris/Per Blueā€¦ Iā€™m flouded tonight with all kinds of deals and theyā€™re gonna do a Fortify The Network Contest where you have to spendā€¦yes, you guessed it right: gold and diamonds! Un-be-lieve-a-ble!!! Either they noticed people are boycotting Per Blue and are trying to persuade people to buy again via this contest or they really have a massive plate in front of their skulls and continue ruining all pleasure in this game for all players, either whale or f2p. This must stop! #boycotdisneyheroes

6 Likes

Please listen to us, the players, and donā€™t rely on your data so much! And please, please, check the poll and more important the results of the poll.

2 Likes

You see, thatā€™s the point. In the past, this usually happened:

1. PerBlue releases a new Hero
  2. I may or I may not unlock it
  3. If I do unlock it, I waste my XP Potions to get them to at least level 60, I waste my Gold and Stamina to Craft Badges to promote them to at least P0, and I have to Level Up their Skills to make them half-useful in Surge, Coliseum, Heist, or Guild War.
  4. They may or may not get used in Campaign.

By doing that in the past, I did not only waste precious necessities, but I wasted all that effort for nothing, well, mostly nothing.

Plus, by doing this strategy, I know who to focus for. This tactic is mostly useful for that challenge, where you canā€™t use any Purple or Orange Heroes.

Good thing, I levelled up WALL-E before the update, so heā€™s good to go, but Iā€™m having a problem for Tia Dalmaā€¦

2 Likes

When thinking about it, I donā€™t really think there are much inflation in Disney Heroes when it comes to the average player as there inflation is offset by the steady flow of new heroes as well as level cap increases.

Like the the increased ways to get gold is offset by the release of new heroes and level cap raising, so like they are sort of balance or at least keeping the game from having an inflated problem in the extreme sense and some inflation are normal I think for a game like this and the real world do have inflation too after a while.

Inflation is when a currency become worthless or so unmanageable that it is hard to keep it in check, and in the case of Disney Heroes I would say that havenā€™t really happened for the average player most likely do need a lot of gold to keep up with all the new heroes that gets released.

I think that about sums it up, in Disney Heroes for the average player the releases of new heroes and level cap increases keep inflation for the most part in check I think :-).

2 Likes

Here are two interesting videos on multiplayer game economics and hope you all like them or at least find them interesting :-).

3 Likes

I have an idea that nobody has mentioned. Need to regulate gold for inflation without causing mass playerbase hemorrhaging? Replace sabatoge cost with gold at an increasing rate like it currently is. Could reduce billions of gold from the game monthly.

8 Likes

For a while, I think itā€™s been better to level up my weaker characters instead of my stronger characters, and this gold/exp change makes it more so.

Itā€™s because of diminishing returns for the stronger characters. 1m gold put into a strong character has less overall effect than 1m gold put into weaker characters.

In particular, Surge is the best source of gold at higher levels, and leveling up weaker characters will increase my earnings from Surge faster than leveling up stronger characters.

(Not so sure about exp. Exp gain is mostly constant except that higher campaign levels give out more exp drinks, but the higher stamina cost offsets that, and I havenā€™t bothered figuring out whatā€™s better)

If the game really wants us to focus on leveling a subset of the characters, then higher levels should be less expensive or more powerful, so that leveling weak characters is less useful than leveling strong characters.

2 Likes

Now u all know why they rise gold/xp so high rite?

16 Likes

@Miss_Candy yup, and some people will actually buy it, not me. Not falling for it. Fix your update PerBlue!

2 Likes

XD @Polaris? Maybe just quit throwing deals like this and you wouldnt have to worry about the hoarding of gold and XP.

Flag this comment if yoy wanna prove I am right. :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Iā€™m pretty mad about the gold increase, but the XP increase is being lost in all of this, and quite frankly, itā€™s probably worse.

7 Likes

I agree!!! Its terrible. Its so hard to move up in levels! :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Playing SS police again meaty ???

These two videos are awesome we need resource sinks not 1.7 !!!

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | Ā© Disney