Edna Mode Character Concept

Name: Edna Mode (of course)
Star rank: :star::star:
Role: Support Backline
Character quote: “I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now."

Edna’s stats would be focused on high armor and reality, because let’s be honest, she’d make herself a super “outfit” if she knew she was coming into battle. But to compensate she would have low tenacity and average HP and basic attack. Her basic attack stat would be used in a skill since she won’t have an actual attack.

Skills:
White skill: " Luck favors the prepared."
Passive: instead of attacking, Edna works with her team to fortify their abilities. This skill adds xx energy per “attack” (The value is increased based on basic damage. Imagine Felix’s heal skill but for energy gain)

Animation: Edna scribbling notes on a note pad as she observes her teammates

Active: Edna tests out the durability of her enemy’s suits. She calls down all of her suit testing machines to attack the enemy using fire and bullets (how she tests Jack-jack’s suit in 1)

Animation: guns and flamethrowers come down from the top of the screen and fire.
giphy

Green skill: " It will be bold! Dramatic! Heroic!"
Edna creates a super suit for each member of the team, temporarily increasing reality and armor for x time"

Animation: Edna pulls out a suit from behind her back and grins.

Blue skill: “No capes!”
Edna outfits the enemy team with capes. She tosses a bundle of capes at the enemy causing them to stumble and be stunned for x seconds (low value, like 2?)

Animation: Edna grabs a bundle of capes and tosses them at the enemy, the bundle breaks apart on impact and clutters the ground.

Purple skill: “Pull yourself together!”
Edna’s green skill also targets the teammate with the lowest health and modifies their suit to reduce incoming damage by x% for x seconds.

Victory pose:

So Edna will be 100% support except for her active white skill. I think this idea suits her character, she helps the heroes fight rather than fighting herself.

Partners: The idea is to increase her defenses even more, either armor or reality, by giving you a choice of which one.

Jack-jack: Edna uses her notes from creating his suit to enhance her own armor even more. She also uses the information on Jack-jack’s dividing power to spread to effects of her purple skill.

Icon: Cookie

20190610_162338

+Armor per level

Edna’s purple skill now adds an additional target, now 2 teammates gain a damage reduction and the duration increases by x seconds more (per star)

Violet: Edna’s study of violet allows her to create a shield of energy included in every suit. She uses it for herself to increase her reality.

Icon: Notepad and pencil

+Reality per level

Edna’s purple skill now changes. Instead of lowering the amount of damage a teammate receives, now when she activates her green skill it adds a shield to all allies with xx health for xx seconds.

I’ll edit this more later

4 Likes

Better than @Sweet_dreams’s concept, but still not close to picture perfect.

• Edna Mode’s Passive does not really make sense because it is kind of like “Couraged.”
  • The active is not possible because the Incredibles are separately playable characters.
  • Also there can not be two heroes of the same kind. If they are on the enemy team then it makes sense because they are clones.
  • Not all enemies have capes.
  • Purple skills rarely have animations. If they did it could only happen once a batlle

I can understand the incredible thing, sure, I can get around that though in my edit

I think you misunderstood the cape thing. She outfits them with capes, meaning she adds capes to their suit. Doesn’t matter if they already have one or not. The animation would be her tossing capes at the enemies and them slipping up on them (something of that sort) wouldn’t need to actually attach the cape to them

1 Like

i like this and all , but if Pur blue actually did, i would think that they would not do the white active skill cause in the game, no heroes call other heroes in a ability, but the rest is GREAT:+1:

the emoji did not work, sorry

The passive skill, don’t think it would work? I mean we have Felix who does healing every attack and we have heroes who can add energy. A combo of the two I think would be easy. It would be a low gain per second while she was not CCd

Also not criticizing your criticism, truly asking your opinion because you seem interested in it.

1 Like

Oh come on that is even worst (not really). Edna doesn’t even have a connection with the Incredimobile

She could call the incredimobile as her white skill, that is no so bad

But the fact that that never happens in the movie, it would not make sense at all

i have to agree, not the best suggestion i have

You say she has high armor and reality, then say she has low defense?I

Thhat is the same thing??

Also, “the Incredimobile” is spelled Incredible. It is a play on words, by pronouncing the last syllable differently, one can get “Incredibeel” instead :wink:

I like it!

Looking at the cape skill I just got how scary that would be if she thrеw capes at enemies and then activated a turbine behind them :no_mouth:
Screenshot_20190610-203151_1_1

4 Likes

She never calls the mobile, but you’ve already said she can’t call the Incredibles themselves. So why not call them (via the mobile) so you don’t see them and avoid the overlap problem?

I’m open to suggestions if you have one though rather than just criticizing :wink:

i know what Edna’s white skill could be, a study skill like Hector Barbadoss or turns an ally invisible

1 Like

You are right about the defense thing David, sorry I actually had a brain fart and I meant tenacity. In my mind I was going, the thing that reduces CC and my hand typed defense haha.

I wanted low tenacity so she can be CCd by the proper team to avoid the energy flux from her passive

1 Like

Because it just will not make sense. It would be more suitable for Mr. Incredible. Can’t you listen? Edna does not have any connection to to the Incredimobile. Also I do not want to pave the road for people, it will spoil them. I would rather alert people of the obstacles ahead. Sometimes on what to do.

Point is, base the skills off of what she does in the movie. Because having the Incredimobile in her skillset does not fit Edna’s personality or belongings. You want suggestions? Look at @Sweet_dreams’s Edna concept and read my post.

And when I said do not have the Incredibles be in Edna’s skillset, I meant let her be on her own. You should not dodge the parent to get to the child. Try to either go through both of them, avoid them completely, or just ignore the child

I can listen, just fine. I just think pointing out problems instead of offering solutions, especially when asked for, is kind of a cheap way out. :roll_eyes: I mean you just spent the time to type out this long post, why not offer a suggestion instead. The character concept doesn’t have to be 100% mine, it would be much better, and stronger, as a group effort!

1 Like

There. It now is something she actually does in the film.

I changed the wording of her purple skill. You were right that it can’t be an active skill, but it can tag onto her green skill.

…apparently nobody here cares that they all are calling Mr.I’s car Incredimobile instead of Incredibeel like it should be…sad fans of The Oncredibles arw on this page… :expressionless:

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney