Elliot (Pete's Dragon) Concept

So here we go, I thought about this guy because I loved this movie as a kid and when I checked the forums I only saw a half done concept from a while ago.

Name: Elliot

Stars: :star:

Role: damage

Position: middle

Stats: He would be average in health and attack, high tenacity and low in both armor and reality. The idea would be that to kill him you’d need to over power him with force instead of crowd control.

Description of role: Elliot would be a damage user that can hide from his enemies using his invisibility. The only time his invisibility turns off is when activating skills or when all of his teammates are defeated. (more clear of an explanation in the skill descriptions). So Elliot is not targetable except in small windows when his invisibility drops (or by skills that can ignore that and do splash damage) but having low armor and reality means that in order to kill him you need to time your skills at the right moments.

Quote: blar gwer bleer blob (I don’t know, he rarely talks and makes weird noises haha)

Skills:

White skill: Toasting Apples
Elliot breaths fire, cooking his enemies like a nice ripe apple. The fire does x damage immediately.

Elliot is visible during the activation and he remains visible for 4 seconds as he recharges.

20190618_005232

Green skill: A Mighty Sneeze
Elliot needs to sneeze but he holds it back for a second before letting out a mighty blow. The wind from the sneeze pushes back enemies away from Elliot.

While Elliot is holding back the sneeze he becomes visible and targetable until the end of the sneeze making him visible for 4 seconds.

20190618_004304

Blue Skill: An Apple a Day
Elliot chows down on a few apples, it gives Elliot a small amount of energy and health each bite. Elliot eats 3 apples over 6 seconds.
(There is debate of whether to heal or do another effect. Original idea was to heal so will stick to that)

Elliot is visible and targetable while chewing on the apples. He is visible the longest when using this skill, 6 seconds.

20190618_003728

Purple Skill: Where’s Elliot?
Elliot is shy, even with his allies, so he remains invisible during the fight except when activating his skills. However, if all other allies are defeated, Elliot can no longer hide from the enemy team and his invisibility fails.

20190618_003349

Entrance animation: Elliot enters the battlefield by gliding in. If the purple skill is available he comes in invisible.

Celebration animation:
20190618_092715

Death animation: wave goodbye
20190618_004214

Partners:
Rex: Rex teaches Elliot how to hide more effectively.

Disk gives x energy to Elliot at the start of every battle. Increases per level

Elliot now starts the battle by hiding behind the enemies backline. This inspires his allies to rush to his aid and increases their tenacity by x% per star level.

(His sneeze attack will now push all enemies toward your Frontline)

Merlin: Elliot and Merlin practice with fire magic, Merlin finds a spell to improve Elliot’s strength.

Disk increases skill power by x per level

Elliot’s white skill now adds damage over time for x% of initial attack for 5 second per star level.

(Possible 3rd option)
Violet: Violet and Elliot train using invisibility. This allows Elliot to control the skill better.

Disk increases Elliot’s basic damage while invisible by x per level.

Whenever Elliot is invisible his chance to crit raises by x per star level

Notes: if you have suggestions I’m open to them! My concept is around the idea that Elliot is shy and wouldn’t want to fight, so his sustainability is where he shines which comes from being able to avoid attacks rather than tank them.

Big shout out to @Gjmguy for the help so far.

4 Likes

What’s the duration of the invisibility? Please specify.

Will do! But the idea is that he is always invisible except during his skill activations. So rather than being invisible for x time. Instead he is visible for x time

Seems kinda overpowered since you wouldn’t have many windows of opportunity to hit him, epecially since he has self sustain. Also what would he do until he’s at purple?

1 Like

I don’t know if you play Pokémon but for this to work it’d have to be done in a similar fashion to the Pokémon shedinja.

You have very few opportunities to hit shedinja but it has exactly 1 hp so anything can kill em.

Hmm interesting idea. Maybe I’ll rework his health idea some. 1 hp would be too rough with the spread of aoe attacks we have here. Maybe his apples will just add energy and no health, would that help you think?

Yes, maybe the apples would boost his skill power too. Another idea is that he isn’t invisible but rather resists all attacks that don’t deal critical damage. Don’t get me wrong, I love this idea. It’d just be difficult to balance.

Oh I get it! I love the idea too but had the same thought. I don’t think your over criticizing at all, I’m glad to have some help. He’s a classic character that I think deserves a spot! So help is appreciated.

For his friends, some good ideas would be rex (both intimidating beasts with anxious personalities)
violet (feel like this one’s obvious)
or Merlin (for his experience with mim as a purple dragon)

1 Like

What if he had decent health but low tenacity and low armor/reality. So when he is visible he can get caught in a control like freeze and then remain visible for longer?

That might be on the weaker side. Any frontline needs tenacity. Otherwise Olaf, Ralph, Hercules, or Robin Hood will trap them in disables.

Good point. So let’s see. Average health, good tenacity and low armor/reality. So if you can burst him down when he is visible it’s easy, but if you fail he turns invisible again (since you can’t crowd control him) and he gets a chance to do more attacks.

He could even be low health to start because with mods users could adjust that to average health. It would make him more of a end game or high level character and much weaker in the beginning.

Or we can scrap the idea that he is always invisible and instead make it so that he turns invisible every time he uses (whichever) skill for x time. It loses a little of the uniqueness but easier to balance

I think with moderate-high health and middle of the middle with low defenses would work. I also had an idea on the apples, what if it granted him a shield? Then if it expired while he was invisible, it wouldn’t stick but he’d have it to help him survive while he was visible. It’d need a precise cooldown to not interrupt the window of vulnerability too badly.

Ok, so apples keep him visible longer but add a shield, how about that? It gives enemies more time to hit him but he’s have the shield they’d need to break first!

Also I changed his white skill because I added partners (I liked your suggestions) and wanted the damage over time added to a disk

I might have a way to fix the balance! What if he enters the battlefield invisible for 3 seconds (time can be adjusted) and afterwards he only becomes invisible again when an ally dies. It would give him a limited number of invisibles and it would make sense. “Elliot becomes scared when he sees his ally fall in battle and hides himself”

I’ll think about it more and edit it tomorrow, but this might be the way to go

Maybe, but right now, 3 seconds is t a whole lot. Renember scar enters the battle invisible for 10 seconds. Also, again like you said, it kinda subtracts from the uniqueness of the concept.

Edit: what about we do what you said where he goes invisible when an ally dies but his violet disk makes him turn invisible on more triggers? ie when he lands a crit, whenever he uses a skill, or when he scores a KO. I guess this could also be his rex disk since it aligns with rex’s personality.

1 Like

I actually love this concept!! It is unique, uses a different character, it has everything. He is not too OP unless possibly, He is used by himself. If not, then enemies will attack and Splash damage attacks can hit him as well as Other certain skills.

1 Like

You are one of few people who managed to give a character a tool kit that makes the most sense for them.

1 Like

This is exactly what I was imagining when I was setting him up. Like, you can’t target him, but because he’s a big dragon (and he bumps into stuff still while invisible) he can still be hit because he’s still physically in the area.

Oh this got me thinking! Maybe Elliot is shy to show himself to his own team, like he doesn’t want them to see him fighting. So his invisibility skill can only work WHILE a team member is alive. So when you kill his team he is visible from that point on making him the last person to die. It would make him a great damage user so long as you can keep your tank alive or avoid splash damage.

Opinions on that change @Gjmguy and @Champion_David ?

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney