Enough with Swedish Chef chips!

I agree

My other concern at the moment is the sign in hero being more and more available as contest rewards. The whole point of a sign in hero is to keep it exclusive for all players. Now if you pay enough you can get it.

1 Like

All exclusive heroes have been staying in their exclusive slots longer, since the number of heroes added to the game went down from an average of 4 per month to an average of 3 per month (starting last October, IIRC).

I have 2125 extra chips for Swedish Chef and will add 150 more with this next event. There’s plenty of other newer characters they can use. I posted about this on reddit also

can we please get some response?
@Loutre

Lets wait until tomorrow, possibly a rotation with a new hero in tomorrow’s patch notes :slight_smile:

Yeah, I’m only 4 levels away from maxing out Chef’s red skill. The only thing that stands in my way is red skill chips, not hero chips. I already have enough hero chips to max out his red skill. And that’s as a f2p player who only has two other red skills maxed (though I’m close on another one).

I don’t know what I’m gonna do with all the extra Chef hero chips. I mean, I guess I could improve mods but it’s weird to use hero chips from the mod’s owner to improve a mod.

Contest heroes need to be scrapped they should just rotate the new heroes: e.g Vinny was rank reward last week this week Vinny should be progress rewards or Fred this week and Fred progress reward next week.

Rather have a chance of different new heroes than the same hero over and over again for what feels like months and months

1 Like

I’ll say it again… I understand @loutre and crew keeping the exclusive toons long lasting as exclusive because means less for them to develop etc…… what I don’t understand is why can’t exclusive toons keep rotating between those exclusive spots. Like two months in spot x, then rotated to spot y, then rotated to spot z, etc…. Honestly if done this way think can even have exclusive toons even longer then it is now but at same time give players a chance to spend resources more as they please to unlock said toons.

2 Likes

And again…

The issue is being actively avoided. If it is “normal”, it could be stated that this is nothing out of the ordinary. But as far as I am aware of, no official answer has been given as to why him (and Bunsen) have been there for as long as they have with no end in sight.

Since late last year, we’ve seen an average of three new heroes a month, down from four per month for the preceding 18 months. We’ve already been through Baloo and Slinky Dog both taking roughly 9 months to cycle out of their crates, when previous occupants had a 6-month cycle; also, Loutre, in this post, mentions that it’s taking longer to cycle exclusive heroes (although, ironically, this was in reference to a hero that did cycle out roughly when expected). So I think we can conclude that this is the new “normal”.

I suspect that Lilo will take the place of either Bunsen or Swedish Chef once the Prize Wall runs its course, and another new hero within the next month or two will replace the other one. Then again, I had previously thought one of them would have been replaced last month and the other one this month, so what do I know?

Your probably correct about lilo same happens to Fozzie after his exclusive event ended with the trials.

But I hope she doesn’t go into the contest slot as it’s very easy to get her hero tokens in this event and people will probably have her 4-5* by the end. People will want lilo changed out even quicker

And, again.

Here’s an idea: why not let us choose a hero to earn chips for?

1 Like

Ok I used to like the Swedish Chef chips, but now that I’ve upgraded his red skill, got him to 6 stars, and pretty much maxed out his red skill, I have no use for the chips anymore. It would not hurt to have someone else replace him.

1 Like

I wouldn’t even be against Bunsen replacing it.

2 Likes

Yes, anyone other than Swedish Chef would be good

I’m still working on his red skill and mods, myself. It’s well past time to rotate a new hero into the contest slot (or, better yet, rotate the various exclusive heroes through it), but I’m still finding his chips useful, at least.

2 Likes

For someone who doesn’t use Chef, i feel like this is a punishment. What is Perblue doing with their exclusive heroes? They are surely doing their job terribly

Oh man, I like this idea! Max tier rewards could be a lower chip amount. Maybe 80, but it can be whichever hero you choose. That would help out a ton

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney