Game keeps breaking: "Content Update Failed"

Hello, my in-game name is Batman32000 and I am in server 21, and i have found a really annoying glitch which makes me restart the app every time.

About 2 of every 3 times that I try to open the game, I get the Content Update Failed screen. I have tried to leave the game on for a few minutes, but that doesn’t help. The only thing that I can do is close the game from the recently used apps, and try to start the app again. Even after that, half of the times, it shows that content update failed.

This is the screen, I keep getting:

Can someone please help me?

If your connection is poor, that could also be the cause of this problem

My connection is not poor. I have a 150 Mbps speed

Is your game up to date? Or was there any changes made when you’re online? Maybe the game needs to load all the data. Leave your phone powered off for the night and try again.

1 Like

I get that message as well. This is not the first thread to start this, nor are you the first to mention it.

But I get it occasionally. But then after I close the apps, it’s solved.

Ye, closing the apps sometimes fixes the problem. But half of the time it doesn’t. I am pretty sure I am on the latest version. I have the daily captain amelia chips. I think thats what she is called

There’s some info on that error here. If you’re on Android and it happens every time you open the game, there are some troubleshooting steps in that FAQ that should help.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply Polaris…I’m on iPhone. Anything on that?

Try uninstalling the game and installing a fresh copy from the app store. That should fix it for iOS also, though the error is typically only on Android.

3 Likes

Thanks again. I do that weekly to try to get rid of constant crashes.

Also, I have another problem in the game, where the client refuses to sync with the server, meaning, if I lvl up a hero or do anything, it doesn’t register. One thing that I sometimes do to check if the client has synced is that I post my heroes that I have upgraded in the guild chat, and using this method, I have seen that it doesn’t sync. While not synced, I can raid places, open chests and everything, but nothing stays. When I restart the game, it just reverts back.

Could it be because I like to raid a lot at the same time. Meaning about 200 raids in 1 sec, and then I click the cross button before it shows me all the loots.

Also I have a very fast 5Ghz WiFI that gives me 100 mbps speed, so I don’t think that it is a network issue

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney