Game Mode Idea: Von Drake's Lab

The concept is a challenge battles that will apply certain rules to the battle (certain characters can fight, some changes in the enemies, etc.) You will need to face each experiment and survive to get “research files”, this ones will be the currency to get Badge bazzar coins (random number), Memory coins (random number), heroes chips, costume threads or a random Mod each week.

Introduction conversation:
Ursula: So, why exactly were are wasting our time here?
Hades: Looks like some of our contracts wasn’t exactly legal at all. And they gived us two choices.
Hades: One, share a cell in the jail or two community service. You know the answer to the question.
Ursula: Yes, I remember that but why exactly we are here?
Hades: It’s seem that this crazy genious is making some experiments with some creeps in his laboratory and the heroes are helping him too.
Hades: If we sneak in his laboratory in this way we can take his results for our benefits and use them again those heroes…
Hades: one for all.
Hades: Also how hard will be those tests if even that “good doer” of Felix can help?

Some experiments ideas:

“Keep the momentum”
Only heroes that can slow down or speed up allowed.
Easy: 3 waves, 4-5 creeps per wave
Medium: 4 waves, 5-6 creeps per wave (Must survived 2 heroes)
Hard: 5 waves, 5-6 creeps per wave (Must survived 3 heroes)
Insane: 6 waves, 6-8 creeps per wave (Must survived 4 heroes, Finnick obligatory)

“Resistance Test”
Only healers heroes allowed. When the heroes heal they received an attack or speed boost.
Easy: 3 waves, 4-5 creeps
Medium: 4 waves, 5-6 creeps (Must survive 3 heroes, Felix must be used)
Hard: 5 waves, 5-6 creeps (Must survive 4 heroes, Felix and Yax must be used)
Insane: 6 waves, 6-8 creeps (Don’t leave anyone die, Felix, Yax and Genie must be used)

“Glitched Disks”
Fight your way out of this test without your friendship disks
Easy: 3 waves, 4-5 creeps (Support heroes have their disk disable)
Medium: 4 waves, 5-6 creeps (Support and damage heroes have their disks disable)
Hard: 5 waves, 5-6 creeps (Support, damage and Control heroes have their disk disable)
Insane: 6 waves, 6-8 creeps (All disk disables)

“Love potion #3
Only heroes with charming abilities can be used
Easy: 3 waves, 4-5 creeps
Medium: 4 waves, 5-6 creeps (Nick must be used)
Hard: 5 waves, 5-6 creeps (Nick must be used, enemies dont received damage unless they are charmed)
Insane: 6 waves 6-8 creeps (Nick must be used, enemies don’t receive damage unless tbey are charmed and is fantastic damage)

“Low budget”
This test can’t afford a group of 5 heroes at the same time
Easy: 3 waves, only 4 heroes allowed. (5 creeps per wave)
Medium: 4 waves, only 3 heroes allowed. (4-5 creeps per wave)
Hard: 5 waves, only 2 heroes allowed. (3-5 creeps pee wave)
Insane: 6 waves, 1 heroe allowed. (2-4 creeps per wave)

This challenge (changing each time) will be available for 1 week, and each dificulty can only be beated 1 time. Here is measured like the friendship campaign, or you win or you lose, there is not middle point.

Hope you like the idea and if you want leave your feedback or ideas for other “tests” feel welcome. Yo can comment free, I’m open to suggestions.

11 Likes

“Keep out”
Only heroes with knockback can be used

Easy: 3 waves, 3-4 creeps

Medium: 4 waves, 4-5 creeps (Rex Required)

Hard: 5 waves, 5 creeps (Rex and Robin hood
Required)

Insane: 6 waves, 6 creeps per wave (Rex, Robin and Tia Required)

“Stress reliever”
Only heroes with who can silence can be used

Easy: 2 waves, 1-3 creeps per wave

Medium: 3 waves, 3-4 creeps per wave

Hard: 4 waves, 4-5 creeps per wave (Ralph required)

Insane: 5 waves, 5-6 creeps per wave (Ralph and Scar Required)

“It’s Alive”
Only heroes who can revive and toy story heroes

Easy: 3 waves, 2-4 creeps per wave

Medium: 4 waves, 3-5 creeps per wave

Hard: 4 waves, 4-6 creeps per wave (Gaston Required)

Insane: 5 waves, 6 creeps per wave (Gaston and Buzz Required)

4 Likes

One note, I wouldn’t require specific heroes. I say this because PBs argument against giving us more gold and rewards is that we shouldn’t try to max everyone. So requiring specific units would go against that… With that said in areas where you said to use Nick for charm, you could just switch that to say use a charmer, like Nick or Tia (can’t recall a third right now) so that you give the player options. Other types of requirements could be " use any toy story hero" etc.

Maybe i haven’t explained yet, the Nick part that you mentioned is INSIDE a challenge (use heroes with charming abilities) i choose Nick Wilde because is the generic heroe available in all servers that have that ability, but as you progress in the game you have more choices. And you will be able to deal with higher difficulties. In that way i designed that. That means that in the challenge you can’t fight it in that dificulty if you don’t bring him with you. But he isn’t the only one that you can use.

Now dis is a whole new level of hard.

1 Like

Since it’s been revived anyways…

I like this idea. An older topic had suggested a gamemode with unique challenges kind of like this, and to this day it is my favorite suggestion. I would suggest the currency be removed entirely, and replaced with challenge tokens. It would also be neat if there was a challenge using Creeps instead of heroes. :smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for everyone that liked the concept hope one day we can have more activities inspired by the community that makes the game better and help him to last longer.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney