Guild War Feature Request

I would find it helpful if there were a button I could press as a guild officer that appears next to a user’s name when I am browsing their guild war lineup which, when pressed, would open the chat dialog with that user and have the prepopulated text that lets them know they need to update their guild war lineup. Then I can edit the text as I see fit and send it to that user.

10 Likes

Heck, I would just like the ability to contact a user from their name in the Guild War screen in general. It’s pretty inconvenient to find out that someone has yet to use their war attack but is currently online, just to back out of the Guild War screen and go into the member listing in the Guild building in order to contact them.

4 Likes

You can.
If you hit the drop down and hit members it shows all of the people (which you can sort multiple ways).
It shows who hit, who is online and you can message from there.

Actually you can message from the attacks and defense screens too as long as the users have their settings open.
I complement people from other guilds for their hits now and then

Ah, OK, thanks; I know at one point I looked for a way to contact members from that screen and couldn’t get it to work, but it is working now.

Id prefer a more intrusive warning from guild leaders and champions.

I have a guild member who does not want to change thier line up no matter how many times i tell them too. Maybe a more visibile pop is needed .

Oh dont make too spammable, i dont want guild leader to become spammers.

While on the subject of guild war features I would like a feature where you can highlight a particular team in a car thats reserved. And if someone tries to attack that reserved team they get a pop up saying “This team is reserved do you still want to attack”

At the moment you have to write down all the attacks in war chat. Just would be nice to have another feature that would stop people accidentally attack a reserved team

5 Likes

I like this idea:

Guild wars could use some upgrades definitely:

• Starting with Matchmaking, the current system is not motivating people to hit. There should be a way where lower guilds are compensated when facing off against higher power guilds. Something like a power boost for the difference in MMR or more off duties for the stronger guild could work?

• Next up the rewards, legendary rank should give out boxes after every war, not only at the end of the season. Rewards also need to increase drastically.

• Also have an suggestion where defenses should have “off duties” as well, to avoid the same boring lines being used season after season. They can change less regularly than attacking off duties, but something to consider?

4 Likes

The point system is setup to reward the lower mmr teams. Which makes sense to some extent, the underdogs make a lot of points but the favored teams only go up some.

On one hand it makes sense because the mmr carries over from month to month so you don’t want the first place guild to never be caught. However on the other hand, the first place guild only has to win up until legendary and at that point there is very little incentive for them to continue to fight wars. Most times there is only a downside.

If a guild wins every war but the last war of the season there is a good chance they will get second in the month even if they have the best record for the season.

With the current scoring system, if you gave people with lower mmr a boost it would be a double whammy. The lower mmr team (which isn’t always the lower power guild) would be given an advantage AND when they win there would be a huge point swing.

The system could also be easily manipulated. Guilds would throw early wars so they would get the power and point boost later in the season when the wars count more.

I’m not a fan of off duties for defenses, people set and forget defenses. Adding something that will have to check every other day will be too much effort. If toons get pulled every war, pretty soon some defenses will have empty lines.

This is only possible if they win a war.

Good point. Could be something like the hero is replaced automatically with highest unused hero before the season starts. If you dont update war defense, realistically you wont care whats in the defense.
Just an idea though :slight_smile:

I just hate the fact that every server has like 4-5 strong guilds and none of the other guilds will ever be able to beat them due to power difference alone.
No skill or anything can make up for that.

1 Like

Guild ranked 4 through 6th in power are kind of cursed because they get stuck fighting the top 3 guilds once or twice a month which the likely can’t beat, then 3 guilds at their own power that they have even odds at beating.

So even though they are doing great they tend to hit a glass ceiling because lower guilds have an easier path to legendary where they are punching a brick wall.

1 Like

“Cozta has called dibs on this fight.” I love it.

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney