How do I link this forum account with a personal email?

(I didn’t know what category to put this topic under, so I put it under general game discussion.)

I want to link this game-made account with my email so I can more easily access this forum account on my laptop (I type better on my laptop than on the iPad I play the actual game on.) but when I try to, it asks me to enter a password that I haven’t made yet. What should I do?

Go to Preferences, then Account, then scroll down until you see the email.

1 Like

I tried that but it then sent me to the standard log-in page where it asks for my email and password even though I haven’t made a password for this account yet. I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong or what.

You need to send a password reset email to the one you want connected. You can then click on the link sent to your email which will take you back to the forums where you can reset your password and link your email.

It’s complicated.

So I tried sending a “Confirm Email” to my email, then I clicked on the link sent in the email and I was just sent to the standard log-in page. Where do I go after that?

There should be an option to reset your password which you need to do to pair up the email.

When I try to send an email through that option, I just get this message: “No account matches this email address.”

Are you using this?

I tried that option and it says “email sent” but I haven’t receive anything.

Are you sending it to an accessible email?

@Polaris Any advice?

Yes. I’ve seen the “Confirm Email” emails come to my email account.

Ok then if you confirmed the email it should be good to go. Then if you ask to reset passwprd you should get an email called like “Password reset”

The thing is, once I get that email, it asks me to click on a link that takes me to the usual log-in page where I have to enter my email and password, but I haven’t set a password yet. Where do I go from there?

You need to follow this process all on the same device. So you’ll need to click the email link on the device where you play the game.

Where do I go from there?

Once you’ve edited the email address and have the verification email, you need to tap the link from the same device where you play the game. That will open the forums and allow for the email address to update. Once that is done, you can request an email to help you reset the password, and that will allow you to log in on a computer or other device.

It’s still not working and I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong.

I’ve been wondering how to do this for a while and have just successfully done so using the steps Polaris has given but to further clarify:

1. Open the DHBM game and access the forums by clicking your profile picture in the bottom left of the home screen and selecting ‘Forums’
  2. This will open the forums in a web browser. Click on your forum profile picture in the top right and click on your name.
  3. Select ‘Preferences’ and there is a box to type in the email address you want to use. When done, click the highlighted ‘change’ button.
  4. This will send a verification email to the address you’ve just entered. Open the email and click on the link which will open the forums again and confirm your email address.
  5. Without closing the forums, click on your forum profile picture in the top right, click on your name and log out.
    6.Click the ‘Sign In’ button at the top which will take you to the log in page where you can select ‘Forgot My Password’. It will ask you to enter your email address and it should find your forum profile (as you’ve now verified the email address you want to use) and confirm to get a password reset email sent
  6. Open the reset password email and click the link, which will open the forums again but with a text box to enter your password

Hopefully this will get you set up

6 Likes

IT WORKED!!! I’m not sure why it was so difficult before but it’s fine now. Thank you so much!

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney