I have a problem

I really do not like the rule were you can’t post any comment in a old topic. What is the problem with that?

Well you probably won’t get banned. But you could get silenced it is against the rules.

If you want details read this post.

I’ve checked the FAQ, and I don’t think it’s an actual rule. It seems like it’s just certain regulars being condescending. :thinking:

It is a general rule, basically every forum has. It often goes unsaid, as it is assumed most everyone will know. And given that when topic is revived, and someone @ Polaris saying that “The Necro Posting has gotten out of hand here” he will generally close down the thread permanently, It is clearly against the rules.

Do not post spam or other nonsense that disrupts the forum’s formatting, functionality, or usability, including quote pyramids or “bump” posts. This includes links to cheat or scam sites, malware, fake charities, etc

That’s been mentioned before, it just means no spamming, scamming, or jamming up the forum. Posting on old topics isn’t listed.

Necroposting and bumping are entirely different things.

BUMP =

B ump
U p
M y
P ost

Bumping is nearly always done by the creator of a topic, and is used to give a topic extra attention by bumping it to the top of a list. It has no actual substance, and happens hours or days later, maybe weeks. I can’t remember any example of anyone bumping on this forum.

Necroposting is replying to a topic or comment months or years after it was originally posted. It is usually a reply or dumb comment, not a bump. This is what’s going on, and everyone overreacts when it does because it’s some kind of stupid trend around here. To whine and talk down at whoever does it instead of ignoring them or, if they’re doing it repeatedly, politely asking them to stop and respectfully explaining why. I loathe everyone saying “STOP REVIVING DEAD POSTS” a whole lot more than I do necroposting, and I swear the next person to say it without trying to help is getting flagged for spam.

Rant aside, necroposting is perfectly fine as long as you’re actually contributing to the topic. Replying to a topic because the issue it discusses is still ongoing (IE a bug or matchmaking being bad) is fine. Reviving a story topic to add another part is fine. Really, as long as it isn’t spam you should be in the clear. :slight_smile:

4 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney