Impact on Disney Heroes (PerBlue) from Coronavirus

Dear @Polaris and PerBlue,

Could you provide us some information on how the Coronavirus is or might be affecting Perblue and planned development of Disney Heroes. Can you manage some of our expectations for the months ahead?

As someone developing software in Europe, we have most of our Devs working from home with live deployments being rather difficult/slow. Would Perblue be able to patch DH in a scenario that would have your developers/staff mainly working from home? Have you got any mitigation measures in place for a self isolating scenario?

Also, any chance for some overly generous “Self Isolation” deals? :grin: Most of us Europeans (and many other nations) are at home and will be for some time, this is a great time for playing DH.
Also, with finances globally being so severely impacted and people’s means to earn at high risk - it would be a really nice gesture to the community to have some record breaking value in Disney Heroes!

3 Likes

Well…

4 Likes

I hadn’t seen that post and my questions, although similar, are somewhat different.

Many things here in Wisconsin are closing in order to prevent the spread of the virus. While the PerBlue office is not closed, most of us are working at home. We do have the capability to do all our work remotely, including game updates, both on the server and the app stores. Our IT team has done an amazing job making sure we have all the tools and access we need to keep the game running.

We will all need to be flexible as much as possible, and I will try and be as open as I can with communicating changes with you. We plan to keep to our roadmap and release schedule. While some heroes may be pushed out due to movie release dates changing :wink: we are going to try and keep things as stable as possible.

The situation here in Wisconsin is changing day by day, as I’m sure it is in your location also. I know a lot of you are experiencing an upheaval in your lives and you may be feeling anxiety with the stress of isolating at home, loss of jobs and income, and the unknown that’s coming in the next months. I hope that you all stay safe and healthy - that’s the most important thing.

15 Likes

Glad to here that.

But tell the other workers to stay safe.

Absolutely! That should be everyone’s top priority right now!

5 Likes

cough Mulan cough

4 Likes

Minnesota here. Pure chaos. Everything has shut down. Restaurants, movie theaters, shows, any gatherings that have over 250 people. Luckily i have the option to remote in from home for work.

Not much is different where I live… school is still on, work is still on, most places are still open as usual. They are just telling people to try to avoid going out unnecessarily.

The only big difference is you can’t buy frozen, dried or cleaning stuff in the shops because dumb people are hoarding it

1 Like

My poor baby Mulan :cry: :cry: :sob:
Oh well. I’ve waited 22 months for her to come to this game, guess i can wait a few more months until after the ‘Rona.

But saying herOES gives me hope
cough Mushu too?? cough :smile:

2 Likes

Yep remember guys as High School Musical once said “We’re all in this together!” So let’s all be safe and follow the WHO tips! Even if you might not be worried about getting sick, plenty of other people are so let’s all try to keep the community healthy!

1 Like

Same here in Louisiana. Except no gatherings with more than 49 people.

1 Like

Oh the CDC said no gatherings of more than 50 people! The forum has way too many!

image https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AdeptPastelFish-small.gif

But again seriously, stay safe and healthy y’all!

Really happy to hear you guys are well set-up for working from home, especially considering the complexity of game development. Glad to hear we will have plenty to play over this coming period.

@Polaris, Thanks for the “Play More Pack!” you did one better than offer a deal! It’s free!!

6 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney