Increased costs of Citywatchcrates

@Loutre

Rly? Without any communication?
pb increased the costs by 90%!

Is that a Mistake?

9 Likes

Price increased as we found that many players were gaining more tokens and not having much to spend them on as it’s been slower to have new heroes in the crate. We are also adding in Badge Crates and Cosmetic Crates.

4 Likes

No. It was likely intentional.

Jumba was harder to get, needing 30 chips to obtain.

Sheriff of Nottingham only needs 10. So increasing the cost means you will spend around the same amount of tokens to unlock Sheriff of Nottingham as you would with Jumba.

Edit: Loutre answered.

Most got him from challengers, and he was still way cheaper to get, unlocking hero means nothing.

New players just doesn’t exist? Huh?

7 Likes

Uff, that is a bad move guys!

So tell us pls,
What is “too much”
And how many players have “too much”

I dont know at least one…

We get 7k token per week, so we cant buy 5! Crates

Is that what u understand in “too much”?

2 Likes

As it’s been slower to have new heroes in the crate we look at keeping the City Watch Tokens relevant for long term.

We are also looking at boosting the crate rewards more based on feedback/suggestions from you guys.

4 Likes

Well no… The CW crate wasn´t opened much due to it containing an “old” hero everyone had 6* from Challengers (Jumba… or Tron before). Which is no longer the case.
The old cost was fine. If it did change for the “chance” of Badge and Cosmetic Crates, then I´m out.

7 Likes

As Numi said.
The old costs where okay.

At least make it pls Possible that we can buy the 5x one per week (redice the costs to 7k)

But why dont u make a Surge crate?
That are the Token the most have too much :slight_smile:

1 Like

This makes absolutely no sense. If players aren’t spending you should give reason TO spend either better crate loot or reduced costs. Doubling the cost will make players spend even less. Right now, it will take three weeks of not spending a single CW token to unlock the toon since the first drop only gave 8/10 tokens. That is plain not right. This constant increasing price of everything while reduce output is going to drive the remaining players away fast. Would suggest the team rethink this strategy quickly.

8 Likes

The plan is to have Sheriff in this crate for a longer period of time which is what I meant by keeping the CW Tokens relevant for long term.

We did not change it for a “chance” of Badge/Cosmetic Crates, we thought players would like that addition. If there are other boost suggestions you guys have that does not include Hero Chips we would love to hear them!

4 Likes

I don´t think most people earn more CW Tokens than Coliseum ones, which were closest to it with the cost though…

So yes, I just won´t spend CW Tokens on that crate altogether, better to get chips instead. Or badges or anything.

1 Like

I personally wait for badges or Hero Chips I need in the stores rather than using them on the crate, beside I rather wait for the exclusive crate characters to be a in the stores.

Cost:

Gain(test):

As a person who is mostly interested in the additional crates in the crate, not the main character of the crate I can say that I am not pulling from it again.

If you are going to increase the price this much, at least make it a 10 pull rather than 5 pull, not sure if people would spend on it anyway rather than up to unlock though, so yeah something to keep in mind.

Personally I mainly just buy the badges in the stores and use my currency that way.

4 Likes

As someone with arround 40k CW tokens, I can say that even though I have quite some tokens, a higher price on that chest is not something that makes me want to buy it more. On the contrary!

Also, (one of) the reasons that many players gain a lot of CW tokens are the heroes in the shops. Especially Captain Amelia has been there a long long time (with a small break in-between).

So concluding: extra costs makes that I won’t buy the chest and probably keep stocking till the shop gives something worthwhile.

2 Likes

Okay!!

So, we want to know with adding the newer hero (who is planned on being there more long term), the Badge/Cosmetic crates what else can we add to this crate or boost it for you guys.

Don’t focus on what is in the shop. We’re looking for suggestions (not just put the price back) for things in the crate. Sheriff will be in that crate for a longer time and we want to know other things to boost that crate to make it feel more fresh. Hopefully this makes more sense? If you don’t want to spend your tokens on this crate and wait longer to get Sheriff that’s fine. We’re just looking for suggestions on what you would want with the longer term new hero.

4 Likes

Quick translation:
I get it! But we aren´t focusing on its cost. What else do you want the crate to have to be good?

My answer:
Just the… old cost?! It wasn´t really bad per se even before if one needed ultra xp drinks or some weird trash. Now that it´s even better but 2x cost? Well nope.

Based on the very disappointing rewards from the first exclusive crate, the one for Jasmine, I have since always just bought enough crates to unlock the hero (and red skill) and no more, choosing to wait for them to appear in a shop or in Elite Campaign to work on getting more stars for them. So increasing the rewards and adding new, desirable drops is definitely a good thing; I just have no way of knowing if the better rewards justify the additional cost.

As for other suggestions for rewards, how about megabits and mod upgrade pieces? A non-trivial chance to get more green skill or attack speed upgrade pieces would certainly have me giving these crates another shot.

4 Likes

Or just like enough stamina consumables to cover the whole day of free stamina maybe? (So like… 80 per drop?)

2 Likes

This is helpful! For this it’ll be a longer wait for it to appear in a shop or Campaign which is why we’re also looking for what we can do to boost the crate itself for the long term players who don’t want to wait and have the Tokens to spend on it.

4 Likes

This, and maybe also double drops normal campaign bag, would be things that could make me reconsider on buying the crate or not.

Since badge cost is generally growing and those stuff help in still being able to build a character.

1 Like

YES!!! Double Drops needs to be FAR MORE widespread.

Events are nice, but unprogrammable.

Anyway I will make a new topic about what I´d like in Trials changed tomorrow @Loutre. If you can send that feedback then. :wink:

3 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney