Inside Out Concept

Sadness

Quote: “Crying helps me slow down and obsess over the weight of life’s problems.”

Defeat: falls over and cries

Entrance: walks in staring at a blue memory

Victory: pulls out a manual and reads

Basic attack: throws a manual. projectile, single hit.

Control, mid, 2 star.

White, Emotional Breakdown

Passive: with each basic attack sadness gains a stack of tears. She takes 7% less damage per stack of tears she has. Max of 10 stacks.

Active: sadness cries and distributes her stacks of tears among enemies from highest BD to lowest BD. Enemies with tears lose 15% attack speed. Max of 5 stacks per enemy.

Tears’ slowing is cut in half when sadness is KO’d.

Sadness has a chance to fail when transferring her stacks of tears to enemies above level X.

Green, Lost in Thought

Sadness stares into a sad memory, healing herself for X, +Y per stack of tears on the battle field and grants her 2 stacks of tears.

Blue, Glowing Personality

sadness blinds all enemies for 3 seconds +1.5 seconds per stack of tears she has. Enemies with a stack of tears are frozen instead.

The disable has a chance to fail against enemies above level X.

Purple, Sympathy

sadness gains 5 stacks of tears and 200 energy whenever an ally’s hp falls below 50% or if an ally is defeated.

The energy gain is reduced when the ally is above level X.

Disks-

Baymax(teal)

Natural Response, quicker tears

Every 3rd basic attack gives the closest enemy a stack of tears. +8% energy gain per star.

+armor per stack of tears

+SP

Alice(blue)

Homesick, damaging tears

Whenever an enemy with a stack of tears is below 2.5% of their max hp per star, they are automatically KO’d. This effect multiplies per stack of tears. (True damage)

+damage per second to stacks of tears(fantastic damage)

10 Likes

Huh. That’s weird. Reading this Sadness concept brought me Joy. :laughing:

1 Like

Just thought I’d point out, Inside Out brilliantly hit on the purpose of feeling the emotion of sadness - to help us cope with our problems, heal, to some degree. Instead of bottling it up and eventually hurting ourselves further.

10 Likes

Yeah. The big climax and lesson of the movie was that a person couldn’t just have joy all the time. That’s what made Riley have all those problems. She (and Joy) learned that we need sadness sometimes. Sadness is what makes other feel empathy for you and makes them comfort you which helps brings joy again. The point of the movie is saying that our emotions aren’t just “oh I’m sad”, “oh I’m happy”; our emotions are complex.

2 Likes

The movie is about the reason for feeling the emotion of sadness. Putting on a constant smile can be detrimental; you can’t always pretend everything is ok. For Riley, it was finally releasing those emotions that allowed her to heal and grow.

If you don’t want to get into that, it’s fine. I just think your argument is small minded.

3 Likes

Per stack of tears they have. 12.5% x 5 means it has pretty high range.

1 Like

I do think you have a point here. Purple skill is weak so I’ll make it give 5 stacks.

1 Like

In this case, it only heals herself. Which makes sense, since why would SADNESS heals when she looks at any other emotion?

Purple skill gives Tear stacks and energy. Looking through the kit, every ability uses Tear, so I’m not sure how it only benefits one ability.

Remember, the ability says “Instantly KO”, not “deal enough damage to KO”. This means that even if the target is shielded, the ability will still applied. Also, the effect is multiplied per stack of Tears (how much is not stated). At max star, it effectively reduces enemies with Tears Effective HP by 12.5%, not counting Tears. It is far from useless; in fact, it might be too OP without further balancing.

The disk clearly stated that it gives “more Tears”. Which it does, and I don’t see why it is wrong. A faster method of gaining Stacks greatly benefit a hero that uses stacks. Check out Sally Tia disk for comparision: Sally has already apply stacks on her auto, yet the ability still gives her extra every few basic attacks. The self stat is also normal. Almost all friend disk has similar stats gain, so you might want to check that out. Furthermore, Sadness is a CONTROL, not support, meaning her disks doesn’t have to benefit everyone.

4 Likes

But she does gain Tears passively? In fact, her method of gaining Tears is the same as Anger’s: through basic attacks.

12.5% is not little, especially since it’s shield piercing PLUS true damage in this situation. At five stack of Tears, the threshold is 62.5%. That’s OP, not garbage.

1 Like

Read passive please.

1 Like

@Prince_Aamir your not really one to talk about being rude.
Hypocritical.

1 Like

I’m not sure you hear yourself when you talk.

5 Likes

If you remember, when joy says think happy thoughts sadness reveals her idea of “happy thoughts” was the movie where the dog died.

1 Like

Again, I didn’t watch the movie NOR does that matter when the skillset doesn’t even match the character.

You guys are trying to give Her a self-heal of which won’t contribute to any of Her skills & give Her another crutch skill which just makes Her generate more energy 24/7 until She dies. Worst part is they ONLY benefit Her.

1 Like

So you never watched the movie, yet you are a complete expert on the character? visible confusion

3 Likes

I’m an expert on Anger. He tries to get what He wants with raging fury. He also wants the kid to learn to cuss at the end apparently.

I saw the end clip because I only cared about what they did at the end. I flushed my brain down the toilet afterwards.

1 Like

I can see that you are an expert with anger but we’re talking about inside out.

3 Likes

I also know Joy & Fear very well without seeing the movie. Joy just wants to settle everything with a calm manner. Fear is basically too scared of everything that isn’t nice & freaks out over the tiniest things ever unles they are pleasant to Him.

I saw Anger as damage.
I saw Joy as Support.

1 Like

I hoped this thread would be full of Joy. Instead it’s full of Anger and Disgust.

6 Likes

This topic is about sadness though. I don’t care what you know or don’t know about the other characters.

2 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney