Invasion Rewards and Mods

Keep your mod power and make rewards worth the time and effort. We had two people quit already from our guild because it seems more like work than fun when the rewards aren’t interesting. Plain and simple.

9 Likes

“Other ways to get them in the game”

Don’t mince your words PB - this means “spend money”.

The “other ways” that don’t involve money are insufficient to keep up.

Like @Musketeer said, all doubling Mod stats will do is actually make it worse and put the spenders even further ahead.

Very poor indeed. You had a great game mode that caused people to spend a long time in your game every day. Should’ve realised that and adapted your “goal” for it.

22 Likes

@Polaris I hope you guys understand the outrage is not about the invasion rewards themselves; players are feeling like they are slowly drowning with how difficult it is for free players to keep up. I am a VIP13 / Challenger 1 player and all I see are top guilds slowly merging and dying because other players on our servers are permanently stuck at lower levels.

The invasion rewards provided some relief to this problem, and by taking them away players see this as going backward in the direction we want for F2P players. As a well-paying player I really, really want to see free players being treated better so we have more people to fill our guilds with.

25 Likes

Only way to get stamina bottles is spending money or a crazy amount of diamonds, other game mods are miserable in comparison.

You don’t even give them aways in contests anymore, only on rare occasions.

You don’t sell off the 15k memory tokens and 25 shop bags for 850 diamonds anymore, or the 35k bazar tokens, they only come out on $9.99 or &19.99 deals.
Only worthy one is the one for $4.99.

What’s worse is that even the unique offers are getting cut, the only good one is the one for 150 stamina bottles, and you have reduced it in half for half the price so we can’t get double rewards for purchasing a $9.99 deal.

11 Likes

The mod powers were actually balanced right now. If you intend to double the stat gains for mod powers in an effort to make them more useful to us, then you are further increasing the gap between high level players and new players.

If the stat boosts from Mods are doubled that will make them UNBALANCED. The design of it all is scathingly evil. Turn Invasion into a mode where players can obtain powerful mods, forcing players to invest in it more.

It will make it so more players ARE playing Invasion, but the reasons behind it are highly duplicitous. It used to be because it was rewarding and it encourages guilds to help players help other players. Now, it’s because to cover up this huge upset in the community. Very shameful.

14 Likes

Such an awful response to what has happened. Whether mods are improved or not I cannot imagine it helping by much. The rewards we could obtain before weren’t game changing, I don’t see the point in changing them. They were just really helpful for some people to be able to catch up in one way or another, now that reward has been taken away from the game mode it will now feel like a chore. This is really sad to witness another instance of where the F2P players are just forgotten about again.

18 Likes

@Polaris was there any consideration in increasing the rewards even a little (understand not increasing them back to the full amount with the increase of mod power).

But what about half? Would that be reasonable?

9 Likes

Yep, that’s right, flag me because I called you out on your poor treatment of us. Cant handle criticism at all, so you just ignore it.

19 Likes

Nothing to flag here either. We’re not allowed to feel badly about how our supplier treats us?

10 Likes

Friendly reminder that we do welcome constructive feedback, but name calling will not be tolerated. This is a place for discourse.

Keep it civil and on topic and your replies won’t be flagged.

8 Likes

Doubling the stats boost on an almost pointless mod isn’t going to make it that much more valuable. So basically I’m just here to lend my voice to the crowd shouting you once again that we believe you’ve made a mistake, but my voice was in the original complaint that you’re now replying to and you already ignored that so…

5 Likes

Where can we can send a box of tissues? Thicker skin by the developers would go a long way in handling constructive criticism.

14 Likes

I need my tissues, thanks. Goodbyes are hard.

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure the original rewards from invasion didn’t stop them from earning money. Admittedly a company is a company so it needs to be funded somehow but changes like this will only affect them in the long-term. Personally I’m now reconsidering spending a penny until something beneficial is actually done in this game again, invasion was that until they decreased the rewards.

11 Likes

What this means to me is that Mods are an endgame feature. As such, I won’t worry about participating in Invasion until such point as I reach level cap on my server, as my time in game will be more usefully spent working toward that goal before I start worrying about maxing my heroes out.

Is this what was intended?

6 Likes

It is unfortunately it workout this way. Looking back without the decrease, working Invasion throughout the intire month, the rewards were a huge bonus. I felt the rewards needed a nerf specially mega xp drinks.
I’m seeing players concerned in one point rather than review interely, what can be obtained throughout the intire game. Summing Invasion with every mode available it’s a nice bonus and I agree.

The highlight are the mods, mod power and its boosts. Therefore the players feel cheated because it felt good recieve big rewards for once, making mods meaningless, avoiding its purpose and forgotten. Now its up to each player decide whether the mods are good investment or not and should be consired as such.

On the other hand, there are some rewards that perhaps may need a slight improvement now that current list update is out. Its because of its exclusivity such as Bazzar and memory tokens where can only be purchased or throughout contests.(perhaps the free stamina as well to a total of 12 instead of 10).
Also has to be taken a consideration the 5 day work from this mode, since some players availability can be slim plus its difficult leaving a lot of desire for some.

In my opinion, it felt good receiving those high rewards (not going to lie), but I’m fine with the change, and this is coming mostavely from a free player.
But still going to give 2 suggestions as improvements and only my opinion (you may disagree).

1-Decrease Disk power and push the other rewards up slightly:
Reason for this is we got to many modes gifting disk power and invasion is no less. If a player manages to complete all tiers we receive 12.500 disk power total in 1 week. The intire month is 50k. At least in my experience, Disk power is nice but having so many modes to obtain it, I wouldn’t mind a decrease while the other rewards going up.

2-Making more rewards available in infected areas:
Have been wondering, why only Disk power can be obtained in infected areas as a reward while so much more available.
This suggestion is to include Disk power, Mod power, Bazzar and Memory tokens as infected area reward.
A “?” Would replace the disk power icon reward, making all four rewards mentioned above available. Completing 1 infected area would grant the player one of the 4 rewards randomly.

Thanks for the response @Polaris. Have to be honest, and it’s almost exacly how I picture it because I understood the mods were supose to be the big thing while the players can feel other rewards flowing as well.

3 Likes

Horrible response to the players concerns and suggestions. Even just throwing us a bone and increasing the tier rewards to the half way point of what they were previously would have alleviated most of our problems. But instead you just tel us, basically too bad and here work on this useless mod for your heroes when you can’t afford to do other things.

I too will no longer be spending any money in this game. You are losing a very valuable fan/player base. I will stick with the game until I feel I can no longer keep up as a F2P (which at perblue’s current rate should be in about a week or so).

14 Likes

Mm possibly true but people got many rewards for free and now people stopped buying some Del’s.

Btw, no 2.0 update with the anniversary ? 1.10?

Dont know why I expected a 2.0 update with many QoL updates but here I am lol.

3 Likes

Sometimes i feel you are testing the patience of the players to see how far you can go. :frowning:

8 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney