Invasion stamina makes it much harder for lower-level players to do anything

For high level players, who don’t need to clear wards to do low-level Breaker Quests, the Invasion stamina works like this: it costs 10 Stam to clear a Breaker level, use that Breaker to attack a Boss; you get 10-15 stam as reward when the Boss is killed; you use that 10 stam again to attack another Breaker level. Repeat.

Because higher-level players don’t need to waste any stamina on wards, they can basically do it forever until they hit a wall. Some guys don’t need to clear any ward, nor use any power ups, nor use any revive at all, until 30th Breaker or higher. The lvl110 guys in my guild usually get full tier 27 rewards within 3-4 days.

For me, level66, I hit a wall from very early on. Lower level-players like me are heavily punished for hitting a wall, too. Because when want to retry an attempt, you lose all those 5/10 stamina (unlike in campaign where you lose only 1-2 stam). Without stamina, you don’t get Breaker. Without breaker, you don’t get power-up or boss tech. Without power-up, your new attempts to clear ward or breaker will be likely another waste of stamina.

Low-level players are the ones who need multiple attempts, trying out different ways to defeat a Breaker quests, yet they are most heavily punished for failures, even from early Invasion. Revives are expensive. 1-2 hero dead and you have to retry the whole thing -> another waste of stamina. High level players don’t have problems with dead heroes until level40 Breaker or something.

SUGGESTION: Choosing Retry to clear wards or breaker levels should cost only 1stam/level, like in campaign. Lower-level players should not be so heavily punished for learning how to play.

This game, Disney Heroes, receives so many positive reviews in app store because it is friendly to non-payers. You need to pay to be in high competition, yes, but you don’t need to pay anything to enjoy the games. One major reason for this non-payer-friendliness is that you are only heavily punished for failures in PvP, not PvE: you only get 1 War attack and 5-7 Coliseum and Arena attacks per day; in CW and Campaigns, you can basically retry as many times as you want, since the stamina cost for failure is minimal.

3 Likes

High-level players still need to clean the wards, actually, so all energy is gone in an hour.

I’ve always thought it was odd that this was the only mode that takes all of the stamina if you hit retry instead of just taking a single stamina like the other modes.

Invasion is meant to be an end game PvE mode, but I don’t think this change would impact the experience much for end game players. As a high level player, I don’t have any issues with stamina other than a lack of time/motivation to use it all.

It seems like the suggested change would simply be a win for mid level players, which surely has to be good for the overall health of the game.

I support this change.

3 Likes

Yea, you still need to clear wards at higher Breaker quest.
I can’t go past the first 2 Breakers without clearing wards. There’s a bit of difference.
You know the daily quest that requires you to spend 60 stamina? All I can do is waste them 60stam on failed attempts, so I could get the power-up rewards, then wait half a day to try Breaker quests again.

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney