Is Megara any good?

I’m intrested to level up Megara and possibly put her in my coliseum team. I was thinking about her replacing Alice. I she any good or would people advise against her. I think she looks interesting with her 3 person charm but is she overall not very good because she spends a lot of time doing nothing(dem nails need filing)
She has a silence, she has a self heal, she reduces damage that the frontline will take, but she then takes that damage herself. Abilities that damage the backline are going to be strong against her. Is she better linked to a front line damage dealer or a tank?

I did a self evaluation on my thoughts but i would still like other peoples opinions as well.

She’s not part of any of my main teams but I did use her during an Invasion while she was boosted up to their level by Invasion boosts, so I have a little experience with her.

I find she works well linked with either tanks or front line damage, though possibly more so fragile front line damages (not so much the stealthy sort like Darkwing or Scar though). Aladdin or Jessie especially, as they otherwise don’t tend to live very long once they leap in.

There is so many team combos i dont know what to do! I am going to continue upgrading megara, as then at least i have her as an option.

I guess she is kinda like Hades with that passive of hers… But Hades has the health pool to justify himself. Megara doesn’t.

Supports don’t tend to get the biggest health nor resistances, Meg only has slightly above average hp, but she is based on receiving damage. She dies easily, and if paired with an equally leveled tank, she is most likely to die before front liner gets to 1 hp, thus rendering her mostly useless. So in most fights on auto she is pretty bad. Shank friendship helps a bit in that scenario.

She is much better on manual though, if you can pair her with a front line damage dealer or a lunger - that works much better. They use the basic attack boost effectively, and are more likely to reach 1 hp before Megara dies - at this point Megara doesn’t receive transfer damage anymore.

She can be op against comps that don’t have any way of damaging the backline or that damage is too low to really harm Meg, other than that requires extensive planning and is overall rather hard to use effectively.

Yeah as mentioned she pairs very well with front line damage heroes who could use some defence, such as Jack Sparrow. Heroes who already sustain themselves well like Scar don’t get as much of a benefit.

Watch out using her with heroes that ‘make an entrance’ like Aladdin, Quorra - she won’t work with them in Arena/Coli, or on defence.

Or, be a filthy troll & pair her with Olaf or Bogo xD

1 Like

I like to pair her with Maui. Gives him enough time to start shark biting people.

When meg’s linked ally reaches 1 hp, Meg still receives 25% of the damage that would be dealt. Polaris said so himself ( I dont feel like finding it)

I’ve actually been wondering how her damage-sharing mechanic works alongside Hades’ very similar mechanic, anyone know how these two work together?

Meg is nice, especially when you have a “use a specific hero” kind of event. If they are not your main heroes, Meg would keep them alive for you to earn points :slight_smile:

I use her to complete Collection and she is a part of my main team in Coli :slight_smile:

But after all, the choice is entirely yours

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney