Is Randall OP on purpose?

I know that Randall has counters, but it doesnt make sense that they would give him so many tools to keep himself alive and deal a lot of damage. His stealth doesn’t need to function differently than Violet’s or scar’s. The evasion to CC makes sense, but not the 75% damage reduction. The revive is just out of place, probably the most out of place skill of any hero.

Now my question, is this on purpose? PB knows this is a strong hero, either by design or through the community manager. Do they make more money by keeping Randall a problem in the game? Kinda like, it’s more profitable to treat a disease than curing it.

1 Like

The answer to that question is yes. Due to power creep, each new hero has to be stronger than the last so that players will take interest instead of using the same 5 forever. This is why heroes that came out before Merlin- maybe even later, at this point- are useless for anything outside of niche uses. Pretty soon, we’ll have a new OP hero that will push Randall out of the spotlight.

1 Like

That’s the truth truth. Wonder who the next op op is. Hopefully it’s someone I like.

I can kind of see why Randall is OP. He is harder to get starred than others which you can basically just buy. He is an arena award. The new colosseum hero looks strong as well. a lot of people are using him at 2-3 stars in challenger arena on my server. Its the only hero which i do not have yet but will once the crate pops up again.

1 Like

I think Magica might be his counter. Her friendship desk with Megavolt can drastically lower the damage done by invisible/invincible enemies.

I’ve heard that it is inconsistent.

Same thing I thought, which it does help but it’s kinda junk imo, only reduces his damage when inv. Plus he does so much anyway when he ults he can kill it heroes 5 times over anyways. I’ve had better success with the stun disk (jafar)

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney