Live Dev Q&A - Dec 2022

Welcome to the Live Dev Q&A! We will be answering questions for an hour. This should be a fun Q&A so nothing too serious please because we’ll keep those to bigger feedback threads coming in the new year!

Here’s the team that’s chatting for the next hour:

@Polaris - Product Owner
@Nugget - DH Community Manager
@Loutre - Community Lead
@TheGrillFather - Events Producer
@callmebeepme - Game Writer
@Verilla - Hero Designer
@SixtwoSix - Feature Dev

8 Likes

Do y’all like our ideas about which characters we want to see in the game?

3 Likes

I have a request for the future badge crafting. Could the future Platinum Badges only require 2 Badge Bits and 1 Full Badge or is that too much to ask? Please? Pretty please?

Besides that, any chance the Prize Wall hero chips could scale someday? It´s been already over 18 months and no changes.

2 Likes

When y’all create new characters do y’all study them by watching the movie or the shows they’re from?

2 Likes

We do really love your ideas! It’s always a wonderful time hearing everyone’s thoughts and hopes for Disney Heroes! Keep them coming, we always are listening!

3 Likes

Oh… is there a chance for Pirates Mini/Full Trial Event someday soon?

Can the Trial Event feature 2 preceding franchises instead of usually one? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is for more of a Q&A format. No requests please!

2 Likes

I see a lot of new names here developer wise here I think and yeah, welcome to the Live Q&A and looking forward to getting to know you all :-).

Q: If you could have a second change at a character’s skillset from the ground up including animations, would you have a designed the character differently if so?

3 Likes

Any plans for a new permanent game mode, like tower or something?

Any plans to change the loading/starting screen, it’s 2 years old and meanwhile we received many new heroes who deserve their spotlight in that screen.

3 Likes

Cruella De ville?

1 Like

If this is about wanting Cruella we won’t and can’t answer anything about possible upcoming heroes.

3 Likes

Do y’all believe that y’all will get more people to work for Perblue so things can go faster with no delays?

2 Likes

Okey uhm… what Red Skill is your personal favorite?

2 Likes

Ever thought about adding another color after yellow?

1 Like

callmebeepme@ As a game writer I wonder what your favorite story part you wrote is?
And yeah, as a story type of player I also want to say thanks for helping the characters come to life through the stories in the game :-).

2 Likes

@Polaris is the game and user base going as planned a few years ago?

3 Likes

So, just speaking for myself, when I write the friendship quests, I first rewatch the movie the Hero is from, writing down all their dialogue and making notes on possible connections with the friend Hero for that quest. Then I do the same for the friend hero (or heroes, if the hero’s friendship quests are both with heroes from other media). This helps me get a sense of the character’s voice and personality–what they say, what they don’t say, what they’re passionate about, what upsets them, etc. I also do it for the main campaign, but since the heroes featured there don’t change out as often, I’ve pretty much got those covered at this point.

2 Likes

Oh, I have an interesting one…

do we actually know who composes the Teams in Campaign? There was Tactical Team One, Two, then the one with Hiro, Tron and others.

Is Jack Sparrow in one of them or he just does not care? :joy:

2 Likes

There’s a chance for a Pirates trial event, we’ll see :slight_smile:

For now we’re only focusing on 1 franchise or collection at a time, just to make sure we can fully highlight those heroes!

7 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney