Miguel Hero Refresh

Miguel is, undoubtedly, one of the least used heroes ever, i’d say. His only significant feat is his healing, but he can bearly heal anyone in his team while “Auto” is on. No matter how much i try to team others with him, he seems to die quickly, get disabled, and just can’t do much.
He can only avoid being charmed, which is really good but that’s really just it. He can avoid ONE single disable and he can heal (without the “Cursed” effect at least)
So i always wonder: Why even have a hero that is almost never ever useful in the game anyways? And why does he keep being neglected?
So i’d love to see him shine in battles, with some adjustments:

1. His stats: 50-75% more Basic Damage
    60-70% more Max Hp
  2. His abilities:
    White: He heals more when he strums the guitar.
    Green: He grants more SP and a bit more energy when strumming the guitar
    Blue: Eh. It’s already good
    Purple: He gets more SP (as well immunity to 1 more disable, i know it’s too much to ask for but Merida just got hers darastically improved so i’m just hoping)
  3. His disks: (With Jessie) Each note increases his attack speed 5 more percent and each level the disk has gives him more Basic Damage
    (With Elsa) More SP for each level
4 Likes

Lol. Ok. What sever are you on?

Cause around 110, people are realizing how strong Miguel is. He isn’t in every comp, but I can use him in certain fights to beat 20k+ overpowered teams in war. He is especially good in war where you can control his skill. Using the Jesse disc, you almost don’t want to use the white skill sometimes.

7 Likes

Uh…Miguel does not have basic damage…?? He cannot attack…

1 Like

He does in the same vain that Felix has basic damage. It scales his healing notes.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, but no, Miguel is anything but useless. Even in auto-mode in Arena, he functions very well in a variety of comps.

He has the highest HP growth out of any Support hero (including Alice before growing Enormous). His healing is based on his basic attack, which is further enhanced by Jessie’s Disk. His Skill Power needs no improvement either since he has a passive that enhances that on his own.

Theory-crafting time:
How does one fit a hero like Miguel in a team? He is a purely utilitarian hero who contributes through enhancing team performance and zero direct damage. As such, a player can get away with 4 hyper-offensive teammates because Miguel’s playstyle enables exactly that. Is he perfect as a Support hero? Of course not. He particularly works well with competent peelers to get divers off of him. Hero’s like Tia, WALL-E, and Finnick have skills that pushes enemies away from Miguel and keep the backline protected. As long as he has such allies, Miguel can continue to do his job.

Usage Theory:
Miguel is unique in that he is not that suited for a defense team. He is particularly good in a comp a player would manually set up to attack a defending Arena team because the rest of his teammates are also cherry-picked to deal with a known defense. Miguel is also 1-star hero, and as such suffers the same issue as other 1-star heroes. It takes FOREVER to get them to max stars! And so, it’s impractical to have him try to keep up competitively to be part of a defense team. There’s also the fact that Miguel was released all the way back in October. Offers to buy his hero chips or earn them through contests has long since passed. He’s also not a particularly popular character when compared to the rest of the cast. No matter how successful the movie Coco May have been, it can’t quite compare to franchises that have earned greater sentimental value towards fans. He also can’t hope to compete in a popularity against even some of the newer characters like Elsa. Recently, they’ve also released 90’s characters such as Darkwing, Herc, and Meg, as well the classic characters from Alice in Wonderland.

I guess all I’m really saying is that Miguel’s a unique case. You have to acknowledge that his skill set is by no means, weak. Because objectively speaking, Miguel is a very strong hero. What’s working against him in terms of usage is the timing of his existence. Miguel is not yet a pop culture staple. Older servers have a lot of players who are sentimental, so Miguel is probably not the hero they’d think about first. As for newer servers who only recently had him added, their opportunities to build him up into a strong character is just not abundant.

11 Likes

100% agree @Aurora_Veil. Some people just don’t understand how to use someone if they are not overpowered/broken for every situation I guess.

4 Likes

Miguel is fine, but at the very least, I wish they had his white skill grant a base healing of 20% or so. His white skill is never activated because it takes too long to set up notes. Try using him with heroes with high HP pools. He usually get a note on each before they take too much damage. Judy is also very helpful, as she will help him get started faster as well as increase his basic damage (=healing per second per note) Her white skill can push back any jumpers that try to damage Miguel. I usually run Sparrow, Rex, and Baymax. ( with either Judy or Ursula)

1 Like

Turn auto off! There’s your answer

3 Likes

Hmmm but, in this theory, is Miguel in arena?? :thinking:

In top 30 Coliseum in Server 1, I counted 11 Miguel, despite what some say about how Miguel is better as an Attacking than Defending hero.

In lower level, pre-Purple, Miguel is the only healer who can heal team-wide and has both high Armor, Reality, and highest HP among healers. Other team-healers are Mickey and Yax: Yax has low armor; Mickey has low HP and can be easily countered by Fantastic damage (Jack Jack’s blue skill often instant-kills Mickey).

So yep, in high level, Miguel is used often enough that he’s definitely Not useless. In low-level, he’s the only team-healer who isn’t hard-countered by anybody (except Curse, which counters all healers).

And if you’re playing in modes other than Arena and Coli, turn the damn Auto off. I love Miguel in Invasion: once he puts a healing note on everybody, the whole team is practically un-killable.

6 Likes

That’s incredibly valuable input 4 months down the line, don’t know how they could’ve coped all this time without it :thinking:

2 Likes

Miguel refresh still wasn’t released, so topic can be refreshed.

I’m also waiting for this refresh.

1 Like

I usually pair my Miguel to a character that increases attack speed.
He becomes a machine gun healer with annoying amounts of utility being dished out.
His healing notes tend to stack up and makes a character extremely hard to kill including berserker tanks.

I think most of support characters are weak compared to new support characters like Joy, Timon and pumba, animal…
I think old support characters need Hero refresh ! ! !

1 Like

I can recommend a Miguel comp for you. Baymax Woody Sulley Stitch and Miguel i have used it so many times and it always is Miguel saving the game

After a year, he’s still my main healer. He’s everything but useless. Still better than Mickey and comparable to Joy (in terms of healing) Imo.

Miguel’s still a pretty relevant healer. If he stacks up enough notes on allies, he’s a more competent HoT healer than Joy is in burst healing. Also equipped with great energy bursts, Armor debuffs, and the like.

1 Like

They should just change his white skill.

Idea.
-Notes that were on enemies or allies will be consumed. Each note consumed increases music playing speed, also in the same time he sends out a sound wave that bounces # times randomly.

#: Each music note consumed increases the bounce amount.
Bouncing on allies heals them.
(The heal is Miguel’s overtime heal, but instead of slowly recovering it instantly applies the 4 seconds worth of healing,

Bouncing on enemies damages them and stuns them for 0.75 seconds.

Tbh i feel like if one of his disks involved not consuming the notes, but still worsening his healing for a short amount of time, it would be better. Causw then, there are still notes, but the healing isn’t broken. Almost like i’m trying to balance him, not making him like the newcomers and making the players pay money to actually have fun

His disk with Jessie is crap!! He doesn’t do damage so why does he need that on his disk and he should share the speed increase!!

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney