My Hero Concepts (Iron Man)

I made a Luke Skywalker concept a few days ago, and decided to keep making more since I had a lot of fun doing it. I’ll post all of my future character concepts here, and will update the title to have my most recent posting as the name. Also, will occasionally do a hero refresh post.

In my concepts, I include a new way to sort characters; hero/villain, and classes, such as Tech, Mystic, Beast, etc. Also, I merged Support/Control as a role since they’re very similar.

Also, :facepunch: represents normal damage and :sparkles: represents fantastic damage.

Let me know what you guys think of them! Hope you enjoy!

3 Likes

R2-D2: Star Wars
Hero/Tech/Support/Mid/Blue/2 Stars

•Biography: A midline support hero that deploys smokescreens and locates critical points for allies. R2-D2 is a heroic astromech droid that has been on many adventures with his friend, C-3PO.
•Quote:“Weaaaaaaooo!”

Animations:
•Entrance: R2-D2 rolls on to the battlefield.
•Victory: R2-D2 beeps happily.
•Defeat: R2-D2’s head spins rigorously as his circuits overload.
•Basic Attack: Electroshock Prod (:facepunch:)
R2-D2 zaps an enemy with his shock prod, dealing X damage to them instantly, and shocks them, dealing X damage to them over 3 seconds.

Attacks/Abilities:
•White Skill: Smoke Systems
R2-D2 releases a smokescreen over his entire team for Y seconds, making all enemy attacks/skills have an X% chance to miss for the duration. Also, R2 studies all enemies for Y seconds.
Passive: R2’s basic attacks deal X damage to enemies over 3 seconds.
(Leveling increases the damage over time from basic attacks. The study has a chance to fail if the enemy is above level X)

•Green Skill: Scanning Disruption
R2-D2 uses his scanner, studying the enemy with the least health for Y seconds, and silencing the enemy with the most energy for Y seconds.
(The study and silence have a chance to fail if the enemy is above level X)

•Blue Skill: Oil Slick Flame (:facepunch:)
R2-D2 flies over enemies releasing an oil slick on them, slowing their attack/movement speed by X% for Y seconds. Then, R2 ignites the oil, dealing X damage to all enemies instantly; and burns them, dealing X damage to them over Y seconds.
(Leveling increases the damage of the skill. The slow has a chance to fail if the enemy is above level X)

•Purple Skill: Critical Systems
R2-D2 uses his battle experience to locate critical points on enemies, granting himself and all allies X normal crit. Whenever R2 or an ally critically hits an enemy, R2 heals them for X health, and cleanses all debuffs from them. R2 can also heal himself.
(Leveling increases the healing. Cleansing has a chance to fail if the ally is above level X)

Friendships:
1.) Wall-E: Droid Squad
•Synopsis: An area of the city becomes surrounded by a smog that is unbreathable by organics. R2-D2 assembles a team with Wall-E to go on an adventure and try to solve the problem.
•Disk Level: +Skill Power.
•Disk Stars: “Smoke Systems” also applies stealth/(10, 20, 30, 40, 50)% damage reduction to self, all damage, and support+control allies for the duration of the smokescreen. Whenever R2 or his allies are smoke-screened by any source, their movement/attack speed is increased by (20, 40, 60, 80, 100)%.
•Team: R2-D2, Wall-E, C-3PO, Eve, Baymax.

2.) C-3PO: Dynamic Duo
•Synopsis: R2-D2 and C-3PO are captured by creeps when their cruiser comes under attack. They join forces with other captives, and must work together to escape in order to make it back to the Alliance.
•Disk Level: “Critical Systems” grants X bonus Normal Crit. for self and all allies. “Critical Systems” also heals for X health per negative effect cleansed from an ally.
•Disk Stars: R2-D2 gains (15, 30, 45, 60, 75)% improved healing.
•Team: R2-D2, C-3PO, Ralph, Vanellope, Ducky&Bunny.

1 Like

I like that you actually include a little bit of plot synopsis for the friendships, a lot of people just do the effects of the disk. But I don’t like how you’re applying your own rules, Support and Control are kind of their own distinct things.

So that aside, R2 seems like an alright character. I kind of feel the effects kind of do too many things at once, I mean the smoke cloud alone simultaneously gives a unique percentage chance for attacks to miss, AND applies both damage reduction and stealth to two characters? And there are kind of effects that do these things already that are unused, like this could be said more succinctly without applying as many new effects by just blinding enemies, and applying stealth and armour up to the two characters (still a little bit of overkill, but looks more like something you’d see in the game).

There are some nice concepts for abilities here, I just feel they’re a little overblown

1 Like

I feel like @Baroness_Eric_II has laid it out pretty well. Some of these don’t need their own thing (shock can just be damage over time)
However,

I disagree strongly here. Control and support mix more than any other hero types, for instance: rafiki and meg are supports with loads of crowd control, and genie and wall-e are used more as supports than control (not saying genie is used much).

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it!

Like Gjmguy said, Control/Support are the two classes that are most closely related, so personally I think they should just dissolve the control class and combine the two. Wall•E and Genie are great examples, they seem more support than control. So that’s essentially why I did it. That point doesn’t really matter for the R2 concept though, it was just for future reference so no one wonders why I’m not making any control heroes. (Assuming people enjoy these, I’ll continue)

My thinking behind R2’s smoke ability was that it’s different from blind in that it has a chance for skills to miss too. To my knowledge, blind only makes basic attacks miss (although I could be wrong). The damage reduction/stealth part of the ability was a way to support tanks. Since all other role characters go stealth for the duration with one disk, only tanks will be taking full damage there. I thought it would be something unique. Pretty sure Merlin’s skill does the stealth/damage reduction so that’s where I got that part from.

Hope I explained why I made it the way I did a little better.

Doing a hero refresh this time. Sulley&Boo are one of my favorite characters in this game, and they need a little love in my opinion. Here’s my suggestion on how to make them a bit better. I wrote out their whole kit here, and put an asterisk(*) next to my new additions that would refresh them. Obviously they could use some stat buffs as well, but I’m not going to go into that aspect. For future reference, whenever I do a hero refresh, I’ll add a third friendship disk, just for fun. As always, comments, thoughts and opinions are welcome :smiley:

Sulley & Boo: Monsters Inc.
Hero/Beast/Tank/Front/Yellow/2 Stars

•Biography: A frontline tank hero that scares enemies, and continually heals. Sulley is the top scarer at Monsters Inc. Boo is a little girl, lost in the Monster Metropolis. Together, they make a great team.
•Quote: “Boo? Kitty!”

Animations:
•Entrance: Sulley & Boo exit a door and walk onto the battlefield.
•Victory: Sulley throws Boo into the air and catches her, hugging her.
•Defeat: Sulley falls over onto his back and Boo pops up from behind him.
•Basic Attack: Monster Claw (:facepunch:)
Sulley strikes an enemy with his claw, dealing X damage to them.

Attacks/Abilities:
•White Skill: Scaring is Caring (:sparkles:)
Sulley roars, dealing X damage to all enemies, and scaring them for 12 seconds.

•Green Skill: Healing Laughter
Boo laughs, healing Sulley for X health. This skill also triggers at the end of every stage, in addition to during combat, and can even trigger when they are stunned, frozen, etc*.

•Blue Skill: Toy Tantrum (:sparkles:)
Boo throws toys at the three closest enemies. Each toy does X damage. Sulley&Boo heal for half of the damage done by this ability*.

•Purple Skill: Scream Power
Sulley&Boo gain X skill power any time an enemy is scared by anyone. This lasts until the end of the wave. Also, they heal for X health per second per scared enemy*.

Friendships:
1.) Woody: Anything for a Kid
•Synopsis: …
•Disk Level: +Skill Power.
•Disk Stars: “Healing Laughter” heals allies for (25, 50, 75, 100, 125)% of the amount it heals Sulley&Boo. Also, Sulley&Boo heal allies for (5, 10, 15, 20, 25)% of the amount they heal with their other abilities.*
•Team: Sulley&Boo, Woody, Rex, Finnick, Chief Bogo.

2.) Ralph:Wrecking Buddies
•Synopsis: …
•Disk Level: Heal for X whenever a disable is avoided.
•Disk Stars: Sulley&Boo have a (20, 40, 60, 80, 100)% chance to avoid all disables*.
•Team: Sulley&Boo, Ralph, Jack Sparrow, Elastigirl, Finnick.
Glad I got this right on the actual refresh :smiley:

3.) Jack Skellington: Scaring Contest
•Synopsis: Sulley and Jack have a contest on who can scare the most creeps in a day.
•Disk Level: Basic attack scares enemies for 3 seconds, and deals X damage over 3 seconds.
•Disk Stars: Sulley&Boo scare enemies for (1.6, 3.2, 4.8, 6.4, 8) seconds longer with “Scaring is Caring.”
•Team: Sulley&Boo, Jack Skellington, Mike Wazowski, Emperor Zurg, Hades.

3 Likes

They are actually doing a Sully and Boo refresh this update

1 Like

Sheriff grimes didn’t know they were when this was made. Please check the date.

1 Like

The date was in fridday when the patch notes arrived only 2 days ago

1 Like

Yeah I wasn’t aware of that when I made this refresh. Glad to see they are getting a refresh though, definitely needed it.

This is my Iron Man concept that I submitted for the recent contest. Just wanted to post it in here, made a few changes. Also updated my R2 concept if anyone wants to give that a look again :smile:

Iron Man: Marvel
Hero/Tech/Damage/Back/Red/3 Stars

•Biography: A backline damage hero that drains energy from enemies, and benefits from charged. Iron Man is one of Earth’s mightiest defenders. He’s the brains behind the Avengers, providing the team with various upgrades.
•Quote: “You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys. But one thing you can’t take away… I am Iron Man.”

Animations:
•Entrance: Iron Man flies on to the battlefield.
•Victory: Iron Man lands on the ground, removing his helmet and starts eating shawarma.
•Defeat: Iron Man’s reactor goes dark as he lands on the ground, falling to his knees.
•Basic Attack: Repulsor Beam (:facepunch:)
Iron Man blasts an enemy with his repulsor beam, dealing X damage to them, and stealing X energy from them.

Attacks/Abilities:
•White Skill: Nanotech Canon (:facepunch:)
Iron Man releases his nanotech canon on the closest enemy, dealing X damage to them, and knocking them back, until he runs out of energy or KO’s them. On auto, he will only use this ability if he can KO an enemy.
Passive: Iron Man steals X energy from enemies with his basic attack.
(Leveling increases the damage of the skill. Stealing the energy with basic attacks has a chance to fail on enemies above level X)

•Green Skill: Nanite Manipulation (:facepunch:)
Iron Man can manipulate the nanites of his nanotech suit, allowing him to access an array of weaponry. He flies to the closest enemy, striking them with an energy blade, dealing X damage to them, and steals X energy from them. Then, he forms a shield with his nanoparticles, staying in melee range for Y seconds, and gains an X health shield on himself for the duration. During this time, Iron Man steals X energy from an enemy each time they damage his shield, and he attacks enemies with his shield. After, he flies back to his original position.
(Leveling increases the damage of the skill, and health of the shield. Stealing the energy has a chance to fail if the enemy is above level X)
image image

•Blue Skill: Micro-Missiles (:facepunch:)
Iron Man unleashes a barrage of missiles at all enemies dealing X damage to them, and then studies them for Y seconds.
(Leveling increases the damage of the skill, and the study has a chance to fail on enemies above level X)

•Purple Skill: Maximum Power
While Iron Man’s energy is full, the power of his suit is increased, and he gains Charged on himself. When Charged, Iron Man gains X basic damage, X skill power, and heals for X health per second. Charged is dispelled when Iron Man falls below 1000 energy.
(Leveling increases the basic damage/skill power gained while charged, and increases the healing per second while charged)

Friendships:
1.) Kevin Flynn: Lost a Superbot
•Synopsis: Kevin Flynn is surprised that Tony Stark has seemingly created the perfect being in Vision. When Vision goes missing, Kevin Flynn helps Tony to track him down.
•Disk Level: Iron Man grants X basic damage and X bonus armor to all allies.
•Disk Stars: Iron Man increases the energy storage of himself and all allies by (150, 300, 450, 600, 750). Also, whenever an ally has 1000 or higher energy, Iron Man grants them (10, 20, 30, 40, 50)% of the basic damage and skill power that he gains when Charged.
•Team: Iron Man, Kevin Flynn, Wall-E, Eve, Quorra.

2.) Baymax: A Suit of Armor Around the World
•Synopsis: Tony Stark takes an interest in Baymax’s design. He thinks that if he combines his idea of an iron legion, with the capabilities and loyalty of Baymax, he could clear the creep threat from the City.
•Disk Level: +Basic Damage; +Armor.
•Disk Stars: Whenever Iron Man gains Charged, he grants a shield for (10, 20, 30, 40, 50)% of his max health to self and all allies for Y seconds. Also, Iron Man and all allies gain energy at a (5, 10, 15, 20, 25)% faster rate when shielded by any source.
•Team: Iron Man, Baymax, Buzz Lightyear, Zurg, Hiro Hamada.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney