New Disney Villain Ideas

Every princess (or queen) has a nemesis. Jasmine has Jafar, Ariel has Ursula, and Anna has Hans. The thing that set Hans apart from the other villains is that even though that Frozen (like most disney movies) is set in a magical realm, Hans pocesses no magical powers (whether that’s good or bad really depends on who you are talking to). With this and fact that Elsa has no nemesis to speak of in mind, the thougt of the perfect canidate. Allow me to introduce you to…

fenrir_2_fb544eab-1194-4631-94fb-96f324a97210_grande

SKOLL

Origin

According to Norwegian lore, Skoll is a wolf that tries to devour the sun. If he does, it will cause the world to be enveloped in eternal darkness. Anybody who would try to destroy the sun can’t be a good person. So, with this and expaneded lore of spirits in the Frozen franchise, why not make him villain.

Role in the Franchise

In the Frozen universe, Skoll would have to be the spirit of darkness and a villain simliar to The Lion King’s Scar. Cunning, manipulative, and a bit envious of the other spirits of the enchanted forest, he believe that by destroying the sun, he would be king of world. But in order to do that, he would need to get Elsa onto his side and use her to freeze the sun. Because what goes better with cold than dark. He would have to manipulate Elsa by reminding her how dangerous she can be and offer his help. Of course, Anna (learning from her experience with Hans) dosen’t trust the smooth-talking spirit for a second which give Skoll the opportunity to drive a wedge between the sisters. Of course, Elsa would learn he was lying the whole time and that he was the one that mainpulated her grandfather into killing the Northuldra leader in the first place. She would have to defeat Skoll in order to save her family as well as the world.

Voice

Since Skoll has similarities of Scar, his voice work should match that of Jeremy Irons. It must be suave yet can off as menacing.

With this in mind, we can deduce that Benedict Cumberbatch would be one good choice. Othed than playing Doctor Strange, Cumberbatch is no stranger to voice acting lending his voice to other monstrous characters such as Smaug from The Hobbit series, Shere Khan from Warner Bros. rendition of The Jungle Book and Dormammu, the greater-scope villain from Doctor Strange.

Another good choice would be Gary Oldman. An actor who is not afraid of being a large ham when it come to being the villain like Lord Shen from Kung Fu Panda, the crazy person like Sirius Black in Harry Potter or a bit of both like Ruber from Quest for Camelot. Oldman can add a bit of insanity to Skoll and give him that sudtle over-the-top persona, which is a very popular quality among other disney villains.

Questions? Comments? Concerns?

1 Like

:thinking:

The whole things too cliche for me is all. Skoll looks cool, but I need a good twist. At the very least, he needs a human form.

Also given the harsh depletion in quality from Frozen to Frozen 2, I’m just not sure they could improve in a Frozen 3.

Benedict Cumberbatch though, he can give chills through anything!!

7 Likes

Did you know that Oldman also plays another villain? This time he played as Zorg in The Fifth Elementh.

There, i put a twist in for ya.

1 Like

The villain behind the villain. Nice touch! :grin:

Well, Bruni is a salamander, Gale is a gust of wind, Nokk is a horse, and the earth giants are… well, giants. Elsa is the only human spirit.

And, i kind of liked Frozen 2 better than the first one.

Yeah. In some points.

1. Elsa’s dresses (her last one is better than her legendary outfit from the first movie)
  2. The music. Though Fixer Upper is really one of my favorite Disney Songs

And they focused on the right character.

1 Like

Yes, but you wanted him to reign king with Elsa as queen. Which would imply a marriage. Just not digging elsa marrying a wolf. Sorry.

I’m not gonna pull a she who shall not be named. If you enjoyed it more then good for you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is awesome! He kinda reminds me of Cerbeus,but in a good way! I wanna know where you got that picture cuz I need to out that as my background lol,it’s that good!

Hold down on the pic and click download image. You don’t need to go to where he got it to get it. :grin:

1 Like

@Mister_Toon do you have your permission to download the Image?

The next villain we’ll continue to look at princess without a nemesis. This time, we are going to focus on Merida. I believe that Mor’du is more Fergus’ nemesis than Marida’s. And Brave give off a Shakespeare vibe. Which leads us to…

MACBETH

(sorry i couldn’t find a good pictures of Macbeth that fits this thread)

Origin

For those of you who are not familiar with the story, Macbeth is a Scottish general and the thane of Glamis whose hunger for power led him to overthrow and become the king of Scotland. Of course, his paranoia of being overthrown got the best of him and led to murder more people. Unlike other Shakespearean villains, he is not fully comfortable with his crime which makwmes him more of a tragic villain than a full-blown one.

Role in the Franchise

In the Brave universe, all his redeemable quality would be stripped away. He would still be the power-hungry thane of Glamis but be a warlord who would be feared throughout Scotland. Dunbroch, and the other three clans would basically get whisked into the original story made by Shakespeare and maybe be responsible for some of the major plotpoints of the play. In the story, Macduff calls upon Fergus, Macintosh, Dingwall, and Macguffin to help him stop Macbeth from seizing the throne. Of course, Merida would jump at the chance to help her father face him. Along the way, she learns that Macbeth is a more of a difficult opponent than she expected. She would need to summon every ounce of courage she got to take down Macbeth.

Voice

Since Macbeth is such an intense and intimidating character. He needs an intimidating voice to go with it.

The first ideal voice for Macbeth would be Idris Elba. With a booming and intimidating voice, Elba could bring the authority in this monoarch. On top of that, he is no stranger to Disney. He has voiced Shere Khan, Fluke the Sea Lion, and Chief Bogo as well as being Heimdall from Thor.

The second would have to be Josh Brolin aka Thanos. Brolin would give Macbeth a touch of Thanos and Macbeth would see Scotland as a country that needs to corrected. Not only that, but he would be the only person in the cast to not be scottish or british.

The third one would be Thorin Oakenshield himself: Richard Armitage. Usually typecasted as a dark and brooding characters, Armitage would make Macbeth a more grim and gritty monarch.

1 Like

Are these actual characters or made up?

Your kidding right?

No I’m being dead serious

Not everyone knows Macbeth or Skoll…

1 Like

You could’ve just answered it instead of being rude. (Not you GRIM)

Okay, i give him a pass on Skoll. But MACBETH!? How could he not know Macbeth?

Cuz I don’t!

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney