Patch notes and patch both days before patch taking effect

Gee I wonder why they would start posting patch notes AND sending the patch on the very same day 5 days before the patch changes go into effect.

Oh no, I know why, so they can close the topic immediately and minimize criticism of the far too soon badge and level cap raises.

Sneaky Polaris, sneaky

3 Likes

Actually, no. If we didn’t want criticism, we wouldn’t be hosting a forum for players to discuss and give us feedback.

The reason we released the update today, is so we could set everything up for the free hero giveaway on Monday. We don’t like to do updates on Fridays, so today was the day! The patch notes didn’t come out way before the update, because there wasn’t actually anything that changed today in the game. It was just setting us up for a fun time next week.

18 Likes

Oh x) I assumed it was just incase there were delays, it wouldn’t impact the release of the new content. Which I guess, will still be true.

But the actual reason is cool too :grin:

With all due respect. I get it, dealing with aggressive loud mouths must be tiring, especially when they’re claiming you’re not listening.

But, bad as they are, they’re voicing legitimate concerns about the state of the game that are shared by the majority of players and the way you’re responding (or not, as the case may be) is giving the impression that you’re ignoring those concerns.

Just some food for thought, I guess.

11 Likes

Hey did I actually get your goat? Sorry, truly.

However if I have your attention, I’d like to just say that the enjoyment of this game is plummeting and it has been since May. The new super overpowered heroes, :performing_arts: constant cap increases, and the reduction of invasion rewards have really made it impossible to keep up unless spending more and more. Let’s face it, this game has gotten big but it’s not worth spending the cost of a console game every few months or a monthly mmo subscription on just to barely keep caught up.

2 Likes

So is any of our criticism affecting the game (or going to)? Per se Invasion Rewards?

4 Likes

I think it is to prevent the nervewrecking delays we had in the past - and actually a clever idea - chapeau

1 Like

We know that. And we’re very grateful for this forum being open.

But it doesn’t seem like you guys are even paying attention. There have been numerous, NUMEROUS topics that have given perfectly good and thoughtful analysis of certain game issues, and we’ve gotten almost complete silence in turn.

7 Likes

Actually the right word is “practically”

3 Likes

So let me sum it up:

First we complain for months now that the cap increases are too fast.
Perblue: Increases level cap every 4 weeks anyway.

Then we complain that the new heroes are way to overpowered compared to the older ones.
Perblue: Keeps making the newest heroes more overpowered effectively killing the
balance of the game.

The rewards have been lacking for many modes for a while with special mention to uselessness of the diamond crates.
Perblue: Makes a contest where you have to open multiple diamond crates to score points.

We’ve had many discussions in the forum about the lack of interest in a 5th skill and that the
4 skill dynamic was already good as it was.
Perblue: Releases a 5th red skill anyways with absurd requirements just to get there.

We’ve also showed our concerns about the red skills in the Patch notes, that first introduced them, AND the Red Skills overview topic that followed after that. And Perblue still went on and released the red skills and then made another topic asking for feedback we already provided in the previous two topics.

Did I forget anything? Feel free to add.

Evil%20Villians%204

11 Likes

Polaris the free giveaway is a sneaky smokescreen here we know alot still need to do do jafar miss piggy hewie and animal ps heres jasmine oh and a level cap just after the last one on s12. And other servers. Free hero my foot. You still have to spend alot to make 6 star and disk and disk power which most have none of. Still per blue seem to not realise this is getting to much for the majority. Un fricking believable. Any discontent thread closed and posts hidden.

2 Likes

Answers no invasion cut rewards. Gold is to high as is cost of red badges and disk power ps no where to gain enough disk power addressed? No red skills 200 chips will it be addressed hell no. Updates are to fast you promised they would slow. Have they slowed? No got faster the answer is a massive emphatic no

Agree agree agree 100 percent yes.

Sorry what?

The assumption that we ignore everything is incorrect. I’m not lying when I say I read all the feedback, and I do pass it along to the team. We make changes frequently based on player feedback, even pushing out new things to a later release in order to address player concerns faster. That said, we can’t incorporate every bit of player feedback into the game. We have a vision of where the game will grow, and sometimes player ideas don’t work into that plan. It doesn’t mean the feedback wasn’t heard, it just means it was possible to implement.

Here’s some of the topics of conversation I had just yesterday with the team: City Watch matchmaking, Invasion Boss power, new hero power, friend campaign bugs, game grind, red skills. And, these are ongoing conversations that were not just yesterday, but are happening as a result of this forum and support tickets.

Sometimes the development process is fast, and sometimes it’s painfully slow. We love it when players have a thoughtful discussion about game issues, and we often let that influence the direction of the game. Changes might not show up immediately in the next release, but we do incorporate player feedback into the game.

I know this has been said numerous times before, but here it is again. Posts are not hidden because they’re critical or negative. Posts are hidden because they violation the forum guidelines. Flagged posts can be edited to follow these guidelines, and then they become visible again.

10 Likes

That’s great and everything, but have you guys talked about the injustice between F2P and P2P players? Seems like the answer’ll be a no because of the current contest
 and the Fortify the Network contest

I think the sum of the general opinion here, from what I’ve read in the various sensible posts over time, is that the players wish that vision was a little more ‘flexible’ in the times where it is clearly obvious that players are dissatisfied with a new direction, idea or change being introduced. The impression is sometimes that PB forges ahead with that same vision regardless :man_shrugging:

Ultimately it all comes down to communication, which is difficult to handle as 1 person, and you do a pretty good job :stuck_out_tongue:
(while sadly, many here don’t
)

3 Likes

And another thing. I suggest you assure people of stuff that’ll happen in the future before players leave because it is more than likely they’ll miss the juicy stuff. Many players are quitting every week. You have said it before “you do it for the entertainment, not the money”, many game perks say otherwise. Invasion was the only way we F2P players could reach good perks. And now? Nothing can. Only deals that cost real money. Even P2P players are quitting!

2 Likes

And I have a lot of questions. For example:

Why does the team treat Portal Quest players better?

I have seen the Portal Quest forums and there are fun contests that PerBlue themselves host. The team even gave out in-game rewards. The only true rewarding contest was the CCC, and even that wasn’t hosted by PB. In the 3.11 PQ patch notes, there aren’t many complaints!

The only true issue with you guys is that you increase the level cap too often. And how you treat your original games compared to a game based off of a company.

3 Likes

Polaris you hid a post yesterday because I mentioned server merges. Is this the direction? Why are 1 to 12 suddenly on the same cycle? Whats the reasons. Is this server merging purposes? Will as promised will updates slow down. Why can’t you or perblue understand that honesty is the best policy. For example if this is to merge servers asap with updates 1 to 12 slowing after to allow these transitions to happen they may accept it. However you have thrown how many heroes in 2 weeks 5 roughly and soon red skills? And still no ways to obtain diskpower and skills and badges are now extortion 20k a badge from badge bazaar high enhancement 1.2k per red. And skills 222k and now a 5th skill. The majority dont have the disk power gold now. As is. Also what happened to elite resets? Disappeared from game. We are being strangled.

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney