Permanent Level Cap

Don’t y’all think we’d benefit from a permanent level cap? If they’d just let us know, “Hey, Level 150 will be the Max all servers will increase to?” Something like that?

It can give us something to look forward to but will also prevent them from milking us dry to an extent. As of right now, new heroes twice a month and a new level increase nearly every 3 weeks makes it too difficult to work on the necessary heroes.

They tell us “Oh, don’t work on every hero. That isn’t how this game works.” But we all know every new hero released in the past 6 months has been overpowered. So they are necessary to stay relevant in Coliseum and Arena. And GW.

They told me that too many people in their Feedback Corner constantly ask for the levels to be increased. So I’m hoping y’all will help me out here and call them out on that. It seems like they pay attention to the comments and posts that go along with their own agendas.

So would we benefit from a permanent level cap, to be decided upon and released as public knowledge? Yes or no?

6 Likes

Well, without raising caps it can become boring. Caps should grow, but not so fast.

9 Likes

They can keep raising the badges. Go from Red +1 to 2, then 3, and so on. But the level can stay the same. I’ve suggested that for months, and they always argue that people here in Feedback Corner want otherwise.

They add so many new heroes that if you’re getting bored, I just don’t know lmao. How can you get bored with 6 new heroes a month?

2 Likes

Since when has anyone actually said they liked the current rate of level caps? That’s 100% garbage. It should at least slow down to once every 3 months. 20 levels a year is more doable than >100.

10 Likes

Exactly! This is why I like the idea of a permanent level cap. It offers some stability. They can’t just make decisions on a whim that’s going to continue shredding apart our remaining player base.

If the cap updates decreased in speed, I’d be okay with that too.

But Perblue continues to use the excuse that more people are for more levels more frequently than there are against it.

I’m hoping this post will allow some people to voice otherwise.

1 Like

Sorry my regular amigo, but @Barrera93 is right, we can’t get bored here, we have many game modes, badges, friendships, rarities and mentioned 6 NEW HEROES PER MONTH.

Level caps are not everything, there are enough things to do (and I’m sure there will be more).
Level caps are just unwanted by players chore.

6 Likes

That makes sense. It helps those who are at a lower level strive to get to max level. Also, it will even the playing field too if there is a max level cap. I would like it if it would be easier to earn team xp to level up quicker. Also, for the next patch, can we please add Scrooge McDuck, Launchpad McQuack, and Don Karnage to the game please? I would love that immensely.

3 Likes

These two are already datamined, going to be added in near future (Scrooge also showed in friendship).

1 Like

Most Players may Like your Idea. But obv. not the whales. PB runs this game to make money, not to make people Happy. Just think about it.
99% of the Playerbase wants to slow down Updates, Not only levelincrease, but especially promotions.
I never seen anybody here complaining that the Updates was to slow :wink:
But of course, especially those people who spend thousends of Dollars, dont want to get the whole Playerbase to reach, what they paid for.

2 Likes

I don’t know a single person in my guild or random friends that I Heist with that can keep up with the Level Cap increases. I honestly do think they should cap around 150 with Badges potentially to Red4. I think there would be a much greater benefit to those who love to play by then picking and choosing heroes to build teams with real synergies vs. those who spend Hundreds of dollars on every update simply to get the newest and most powerful characters maxed out to six stars, fully cap leveled, fully enhanced, and maxed out friendship discs within a week. Those Whales could still immediately purchase their new shiny toys, but with proper builds and synergies more players could actually compete.

4 Likes

Anyone else feel similarly?

1 Like

I don’t think a permanent cap is a good idea, it would hugely shorten the lifespan of the game.

I do think, like basically everyone else other than PB, that we need more time between cap raises. I’ve suggested 6 weeks in the past instead of 4 and still think that would be a good interval - though at this point, it’s almost too late and even that wouldn’t help save my roster.

2 Likes

Agreed dude we need an increasing skill cap at LEAST

Shorten the lifespan of the game? As if the constant updates aren’t doing that already?

We need stability, and level updates coming every 3 to 4 weeks isn’t cutting it. New heroes come out almost twice a month. It needs to be one or the other. Not both.

Y’all act like having a permanent level cap would decrease player activity. It would help save it. If you currently have 15 heroes at level 140, doing so would allow you the chance to work on more heroes over time.

It’ll allow the game to be about synergy and strategy, not outright spending.

2 Likes

It honestly seems like the majority of people for the current update speed are new players or whales. Or people that just aren’t even playing competitively.

Competition drives games like this. So I understand wanting to stay ahead of the competition. But it’s ridiculous when only people spending $100s or more can keep up.

@Polaris Will we ever have a chance to have a permanent level cap? It’s what this game needs.

1 Like

I feel like so many people aren’t vocal about things here or in game and choose to do so in tickets to support. But that never gets anything done.

Maybe not a permanent level cap, but the level cap increases should definitely be slower

4 Likes

I think anybody understood your point, no need to spam.

There is a problem with the permanent lvl cap, at least for now.

If you make a lvl cap permanent, then the campaign can not get much harder, and at a certain point, you and the CPU of the campaign become equals. Thhe have to keeo building the lvls to keep the challenges…

1 Like

Who said they have to raise the level cap to raise enemy levels? We’ve seen teams in CW 100 levels above cap before.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney