Please stop using mimiced player teams as opponent for players to fight with in city watch

Check out This Guide I wrote, it may help you out in some other areas you may not have thought about.

4 Likes

Wow XD knew all this…bit it covers a good bit of stuff! However…at least to me in game there are several characters that pretty much everyone uses especially in arena. I would have liked you to mention these and the best ways to defeat thwm cuz i still am not sure. These would be the ones i wonder about:

1. Quorra–I hear that she has become like the most uswd hero recently for arena because of her skill set. What is the best character(s) to counter her?

2. Tia Dalma-- She is used mostly to stop major heals such as Felix, Woody, and Sulley. I get the Kevin Fkynn is useful for stopping her but only his white skill cleans curse off of allies. Is their something better than lucky timing I can rely on?

3. Mr. Incredible-- While I do not see him much in arena or coliseum, he is difficult in the campaigns. What is a good way to beat him? And will Tia’s curse deactivate his hale hearty skill if used at the proper time?

4. Violet-- Again not seen to often in arena, i have seen her make me lose especially in ports and friendship campaign lvls simply cuz i ran out of time.

5. Moana-- She heals and shields faster than my characters can destroy her sometimes. What is a good technique to stopping her? Is tia again the best option?

1 Like

I didn’t talk about specific heroes for arena because the “meta” varies per server, and based on rarity. Quorra didn’t become relevant until Purple3 for example. At the time of writing that, Moana hadn’t even been released yet.

Friend campaigns while annoying, are pretty straightforward because you only have 1 option, make those used heroes stronger. Not much else you can do, plus the ones that were difficult have been neared already.

Also new servers/ new players now have access to characters many of us didn’t have at lower levels. A new player on S1-S8 for example can be in bronze 1 arena with tia, mickey, baymax, etc. They won’t have to deal with the scare meta like we did that ruled the game for a month.

1 Like

Just wait till the op hits the 200+ teams at level90. Its just the way it scales. And it is beatable. Just have to actually pay attention and play he entire 15 waves smart. Save up power, rerun if needed

1 Like

Ok noted! :grin: but you did keep track of the colors (orange) so good job :+1:

1 Like

I’ve had problems with CW since I first started it. Furthest I’ve gotten was Area 5 and couldn’t get by the 1st match all because of Sparrow. He’s in nearly every single one of the match ups and I lose against him because I believe, and I have no doubt others believe it too, his Ultimate attack is overpowered.

1 Like

1: It’s called an active or white skill, and while it is powerful, it isn’t really OP.
2: We just got a direct counter to him in the form of Merlin.
3: What team are you using that’s making it so difficult?

2 Likes

Please remember that Merlin is not available on all servers yet. Thanks from S14 :slight_smile:

Jack Sparrow is a definite problem on newer servers, but not undefeatable. If you have a Control hero like Wall-E or Tia Dalma fully charged when you go into the fight, that can buy you some time to defeat him before he can use his white skill. Or when you’re doing the first three fights (1-1, 1-2, 1-3), you can use them to charge up a bunch of your heroes (turn off auto so they don’t use their white skills), and then when you come to those last three fights, you have three teams of heroes all ready to unleash on the enemies. Or, fight fire with fire and bring your own Jack Sparrow/Merida to crush the opponent.

1 Like

What? Unlimited energy?

1 Like

I was exaggerating there, since that was 6 months ago.

What I mean that, if you have him at Purple, he gains ~20 Energy whenever he uses his Skills on his Enemies. If you activate his White Skill at Purple, he recharges his Energy Bar, making it last longer than before.

1 Like

If I’m not wrong, some CW enemies are based on arena lineups of what your guildmates use. Some of them have names on the bottom left side just before you select to pick your team to fight…

2 Likes

Exactly. If my memory serves, Surge also follows this rule.

2 Likes

It is actually OP. I just went into Surge with Tia Dalma. Sparrow was lvl 49, 2* B2. My Tia Dalma is Lvl 92, 4* O0 and she was almost killed by his White Skill

1 Like

You put a fragile backline character with zero protection against a frontline damager, is this really worth replying to a comment that was over a month old?

5 Likes

The city watch is based off other players teams. It is the way it has always been. It is possible to beat them. Vary your teams. Don’t just use 5 heroes. Use 15 to 20 heroes. That way, if you need attack someone more than once, you can. It is set up that way.

1 Like

I’m in server 19, where the current meta by a wide margin is Goofy, Duke and D&B. The rest are fluff that don’t register at all - these 3 carry pretty much any fight within the first 4 seconds to boot.

Arena reflects this, and now so does City Watch - every battle uses these 3 toons. And what takes down the unholy triumvirate? You guessed it - a mirror team. Except these can’t last the duration of a City Watch…

1 Like

To be truthful, it’s PB’s fault for releasing such powerful characters on a server where the best Support is Violet. The meta is a load of garbage, and it’s awful. I would go as far as to say I hate it as much as the level cap increases. DB needs a nerf so it isn’t just disintegration 3 seconds after the fight starts, S19 needs characters that are actually helpful like Baymax or Megara, maybe Olaf.

2 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney