Power Crafting Inconsistency

I think the screenshots say it all. Same amount of stamina but a noticeable difference for gold. Also have been seeing people losing gold when power crafting with double gold drop activated.

I can’t help you about Power Craft and the inconsistencies, but I thought I let you know of the Badge Drop Charts if you didn’t know about them :-).
There you can check where each badge are and see the 3 hidden badges for all(most) stages, since there are in actuality around 6 badges possible to grind per stage.

Here:
[Badge Drop Charts]: Chapter 1-31 badge placing in the campaign

Here is a collection of some of the game’s best grind spots:

Hopefully information can help you make your grinding more efficiently, that way likely using less stamina :-).

Thanks for that, but that isn’t what the post is about at all. It a about gold usage inconsistency in a new feature of the game. The stamina usage of power crafting is fine, but when you use more gold using Craft All as opposed to single power crafting, there is an issue.

1 Like

I personally are a VIP 0 player so I don’t have the Power Craft features, as such can’t really discuss the details as I haven’t experienced them myself.

As for the gold I think it was that you craft more badges maybe than what you need for that badges maybe, or at least maybe someone else could tell you the reason why the gold cost is higher if it is a different reason.

But yeah, hope the Badge Drop Charts can help you at least :-).

Not all, but perhaps enough. I think what’s going on is that the Craft All information screen is showing you the total amount of gold needed to craft the badge, while the number below the Power Craft button is the amount of gold needed to craft the badge in addition to the amount of gold you earn from the raids performed by Power Crafting the badge. Or, phrased another way, the amount of gold below the Power Craft button, plus the amount of gold earned from the Power Crafting raids, would equal the amount of gold shown on the Craft All screen.

Hopefully @Loutre can get confirmation on what’s going on from the dev team, but that’s my impression of what’s causing the different amounts.

Do they have just the double gold drop activated, or are they using it with a double campaign drop as well? Because when a double campaign drop is active, it takes half as many raids to get the required bits to craft a badge, so you have to use a double gold drop just to make crafting badges as expensive as they are normally.

Don’t know how to do the quote thing you did on mobile but:

To answer the first, I only use the amount of gold that the single power craft shows when doing that. Nothing more, nothing less. So the craft all button should equal that too.

To answer the second, they are using both Double Campaign drops and double gold drops and still losing gold. In theory that shouldn’t happen, you should gain a net gold amount.

it’s not a bug, just some confusing UX.

1 Like

If you have some way to select a range of text in someone’s comment, the forum software will give you the option to Quote it in your reply. Selecting the correct amount of text with your fingertips on a mobile device can be tricky, though.

IMHO it would make more sense for the Craft All screen to show the actual amount of gold you need to spend, rather than the total amount of gold it costs to craft the badge, but I think it’s just a display issue rather than an actual disparity in how much gold each method costs.

Using the example you posted, the total gold cost to craft the Gargoyle Drawings badge would be 2.42M; in making the 500+ raids required to farm the badge bits for crafting that badge, you’ll earn 1.08M gold, leaving you with 1.34M you have to pay out of your inventory, which is the amount shown below the Power Crafting button. It would probably be clearer for both screens to show 1.34M, since that’s what you’ll pay out of pocket.

One detail I noticed after posting my first reply: If you tap the little “i” icon next to the gold cost on the Craft All screen, what does the game tell you?

When using Double Campaign drops and Double Gold drops at the same time, badges cost as much gold to craft as they would with neither double drop active. For example, it normally takes (on average) 200 raids to get enough badge bits to craft a 50-bit badge, so you earn the gold from 200 raids. If you have a Double Campaign drop going, whether from an item or an event, it now takes 100 raids to get those 50 bits; if you’re also using a Double Gold drop, you earn double the gold for those 100 raids, or the same amount of gold you’d get from 200 normal raids.

It’s counter-intuitive that using both double drop items doesn’t change the amount of gold you have to pay while crafting badges, but it’s actually correct.

1 Like

Just shows the amount shown/amount I have such as in my screenshot it would be 2.42M/1.75B

That is correct!

2 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney