Pro-Player vs Anti-Player - what will win?

Right now, during the Fortify the Network I realized that we do get Pro-Player and Anti-Player measures from the dev team in infrequent times.

First of all, I would like to send my applauds to the team for a great Pro-Player measure in the terms of spending diamonds and getting some progress (Level Up Crate, Slinky Crate) - those should be true for every Fortify the Network contest. @Polaris

What I find an Anti-Player measure is giving out double drop event before the weekend contest. The team several times launched double drop event on Sunday, which is an ideal time, other times (like the current one) before a weekend contest. How is that so?

I could go further in there, adding for example double gold from City Watch just before a City Watch event etc.

Polaris, I also wanna ask few questions, if you can answer them.

1. How are the times and means of a bonus event decided? Are they randomised or willingly done by the team?

2. Is there a way to simplify the progress rewarding in contests to the extent that at least all top 25% players can get them?

3. Is there a plan to eliminate some bonus events and add some new ones? If yes, can players participate in the process? (Either choosing some or actively adding ideas in a topic regarding Bonus Event Utility)

Thanks in advance.

11 Likes

Slightly off-topic, but: The amount of gold one gets from City Watch is so negligible to anyone over team level 120 or thereabouts that it’s pointless to use extra resets for a double gold day anyway. Better to save those for a possible contest or a really favorable pairing of wards for Epic difficulty. At this point, the main value in a City Watch double gold day is to indicate that the following weekend’s contest is likely to involve City Watch.

3 Likes

They are so rare (week 2 partially, 3 and 4) that mostly you don´t even have them ready for a contest, so…
If only the Challengers rewards were changed to be more appropriate… (but they won´t and it´s convo for entirely different topic)

I do agree with you Numi, this is beneficial to players and should be done more.
However, putting level up crates and Slinky crates next to eachother is not fair as people save up for Slinky crates at this stage and not expecting Slinky striaght up would spend everything on level up for the contest.

Following on this question:

Could the team add a sort of timer or something to help players manage their rare resources better for the upcoming week?
Something like Slinky crates will appear somewhere in the next week to help us. This will promote spending the week prior as people will want to prepare for this in my opinion. Thoughts welcome @The_Real_Numi :slight_smile:

But they don´t want you saving stuff for later. They want immediate, impulsive expenses.

True…
But it is causing frustration with players dont you think?

1 Like

Yes, but they don´t want to drop it. Because people spend more impulsively (at least in their eyes).
I am up for a QoL update that´d mitigate some schtick.

1 Like

My biggest issue with the game right now is that I never receive stamina reset deals anymore. Being on S21, there isn’t much else to spend diamonds on that’s actually worth it.

At this point, without the stamina resets there isn’t a reason for me to purchase diamonds and it’s pretty much sucked out what little joy was left in 21… I’m pretty much done at this point.

2 Likes

1 good thing about contests is that the rewards are bad and totally not worth our resources… I even skip this week contest as it certainly helps in no possible way

And about the events, it has been like that for months. They don’t want to help us and don’t want us to hoard for contest, which confuses me. Why do they hate hoarders that much?

They want players to burn resources before cap increases. That is why they start a fortify contest then announce a cap increase 6 hours in to it.

They also do double trial days before badge contests or double city watch before city watch contests and double drops before fortify.

They want to burn some of the stockpiles before the contest starts

2 Likes

Wrong assumption. The FtN contests are every 3 weeks. The last one was after raise, the next will be a week and something before. Then the June one will be mid-raises.

1 Like

My point was they announce cap increases AFTER the contests are active.

1 Like

No they don’t. It’s purely coincidental :expressionless:

1 Like

I think what Andy means is that they do an increase after the competition instead of either before the competition or they postpone for another week e.g. with the 3.0 update together. The competition takes place every 3 weeks, so it is regular, but if the cap is increased, pb would have leeway to postpone it in such cases.

2 Likes

They choose to always announce cap increases on Fridays 6 or 8 hours after any contest starts.

All contests involve burning resources, some are diamonds, stamina, some gold, some coins.

Sure the better players know to expect an increase every 4 weeks, but the less knowledgeable player base can put themselves in a bad position.

It would be more transparent if PB announced cap increases before contests start, then the entire player base will be equally prepared

1 Like

…

Contests are supposed to start on Fridays and Patch Notes are supposed to release on Fridays…

1 Like

I think that is what Andy is trying to say.
PB schedules the notes release after the contest starts.

Where he believes it would be more fair to do the patch notes before the contest starts.

It seems reasonable to me, I guess I don’t see why you seemed bothered by the idea.

1 Like

…the time notes are posted wouldn’t change anything, actually

1 Like

I do not believe this is on purpose.
Fortify the Network contests run every 3 week like clockwork, so it is easy to anticipate.
Level cap increase happens every 4 weeks like clockwork, also easy to anticipate.
The patch notes posting time won’t make a difference in my opinion.

1 Like

WELL… THIS:

IT’S SET TIMING! IT NEVER CHANGES!

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney