Regular Consolidation - a possibility?

With the current state of the game being like this:

Old servers - 1, 2, 5
Mid servers - (13), 14, 18, 19
Newest servers - 21, 22, 23, 24

It´s becoming evident that any upcoming merge will probably be nearly the last one, since those 3 categories are rather far from each other.
Therefore, I would like to discuss the possibility of a “regular consolidation” in servers (or even server groups!) in pre-destined times instead of “when merge comes”.

The reasoning is that it doesn´t matter when the consolidation is done, at the end everything will be transferred to another account anyway (snowball effect). So why not make it easier for the devs and do it at some regular time with a portion of game resources (maybe even without an account deletion).

What do you think about this topic? Also, maybe the team could elaborate slightly about what criteria they do watch for a merge @Loutre? Like… chat activity, ranking placements or… something else?

Easily exploitable. Nope. Not gonna happen.

I know you want this (considering that you have many active alts), but it’s not gonna happen.

2 Likes

:thinking:

I guess Portal Quest went even further with “exploitable alts” than us. In fact we are nowhere.

See I agree with @The_Real_Numi , allow consolidation of accounts on a regular basis. Though I can understand exploitable argument, I personally don’t call it exploitable. I call that a chance to enjoy the game more (too many accounts kinda ruin the fun of the game with the amount of grinding in my opinion) or trying to get a better edge then current situation.

If people got multiple accounts and want to merge into one, allow it, but maybe say can only do up to say three accounts into one.

Also If players that quit and want to make false Facebook accounts to transfer their accounts to friends to help them out, it should be allowed to, it’s a terrible tos point (Worse thing if they decide to come back could duel run the account). We all know things like this happen all the time as is becuase they want to keep their guilds going strong anyways.

I get it may be a security risk and that’s the argument against it, but it should be between the two to take on said risk. Allowing merges like this would allow for more realistic stats on the exact people playing the game then those playing multiple accounts.

That’s my two cents on it all.

I don´t even mind if the “Regular Consolidation” was only one alternate account to main account allowed. That´s pretty much okey.

And if done right, it can catch more activity in servers. ACTIVITY. I don´t say it will gather more players. At this point 99% of things done by the team will result in slight to huge decrease in the playerbase based on how severe the effect is.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney