Remove Nick from Kronk-Yzma Friendship Campaign

I’ve seen a lot of impassable scenarios in Friendship Campaigns, but this one is the most aggravating of all:

Tried this a few times, the result is always the same, Nick charms Kronk, Yzma gets defeated by her own ally and when the charm wears off, Kronk is so weak he gets defeated.

So Nick needs to go so this chapter of the campaign is actually passable.

Nick’s not the issue…

3 Likes

I know this’d require a lot of work and it’s something most people have an issue with in modern Freindship Campaigns, but… have you considered upgrading them to the rank they’re SUPPOSED to be at for this campaign?

6 Likes

Oh my…

Upgrade your heroes, orange won’t do a thing.

18 Likes

Let me be absolutely clear, I don’t have the resources to expend on upgrading anyone, at least, not anymore.
Especially to Red quality, each time I do it, it consumes half my available stamina, if not more.
So asking me to do something I cannot is not helpful advice.

And to be extra clear, @Filadae_Djaq, you are not supposed to be posting in any of my threads, since you are purposefully harassing me.

I’m sorry for “harassing” you. I was only saying the truth.

4 Likes

I get not having enough resources, but… what other advice are we supposed to give you? You’re always going to have the same issues with the level difference if you don’t either upgrade your characters or grind out more power-ups (but you would need a LOT more of those to make up the level difference, so I don’t think it’d be all that worth it). You’d be better off just waiting until you DO have the resources to upgrade your characters further, THEN try clearing the campaign again.

… I may have missed something in a different thread but I don’t see how Djaq’s comment is “purposefully harassing” you. Also, outside of flagging his comments, you can’t really stop him from commenting in your threads…

4 Likes

You ASKED for advice and Djaq is trying help you, not harass you.

Then, you could grind for power-ups, but you have 29 power ups so upgrading your heroes would help a bit.

5 Likes

Well, up til now, it was not a problem, Kronk went through the enemies with ease, even at his lower power.
That is the porpoise of powerup missions after all, to raise the power of lower characters to match higher level enemies.

The point I was making is for the first 5 missions, the bar is not set too high, since you only have two allies to begin with and they don’t get support from someone more powerful like they will later.

And unfortunately, it never seems to matter how much resources I accrue, they get depleted in an instant when I use them.
I’ve got several Red characters already and they consume stamina at an unsustainable rate each time I upgrade them, leaving nothing at all for casual upgrading.

But you can’t put the aforementioned red heroes on hold for this campaign?

That might make up for the LEVEL difference, but not the RANK difference, which is usually the more devastating of the two.

… Wouldn’t this mean that the bar IS set too high for the first 5 missions? Because it forces you to use only 2 units?

And again, I get the issue with resources, but… there really isn’t any other advice we can give you. Outside of the power-ups, there isn’t any other way to work around such a level difference.

4 Likes

Not if I want to keep playing the game, they’re my A and B teams.
I don’t think compromising my strongest fighters for something I am doing for casual amusement on the side is practical.

1 Like

Either you compromise your heroes for a friend campaign, or just put said campaign on hold.

It just doesnt make sense why trying to get friendship campaign for both orange rank heroes if you mentioned you already are on reds rank. If you planning to use kronk then upgrade him, if you not planning to use him just leave this campaign.
There’s supposed to be bunsen&beaker as 3d companion in this campaign and obviously without him and with 2 underranked heroes you hardly have a chance

1 Like

I don’t know if I want to use him yet, I was just preparing him in case he was needed later.
In the past, some “recommended heroes” didn’t help, so I am cautious about committing resources to someone I am uncertain about.

Yzma on the other hand, her I don’t want to use at all, so upgrading her is definitely a waste of valuable resources.

Bunsen&Beaker is in an upcoming chapter?
That will be a biggish problem:

Then why are you doing the campaign in the first place?

Tigger ruins it for me. I beat him after a while, but the problem is he dodges EVERY SINGLE ATTACK then kills me in one hit.

Doing a R5+ Campaign with OO rank
Omg
Omg
Omg

Not exactly comfortable with Tigger being here either.
Whenever I’ve met him, regardless of where it’s been, as soon as his superbounce goes, it’s usually a team defeat.
At the very least, two members of the team get removed.
So having him in a starter level series of engagements is not wise.

Anyone remember when Orange was good enough?

Just because they moved the goalposts doesn’t mean I want to kick for them, especially if it means someone else doesn’t get to score points in the game.

And honestly, I know I won’t be using Yzma long term, so upgrading her to Red just for two friendship campaigns (Syndrome is the other one) would be wasting resources.

Kronk I haven’t decided if he’s worth taking to Red yet.
But as stated above, I am preparing his disk so I don’t have to do so later if I decide to use him.

Of course, if he gets a second Friendship and that disc is better then this one, that might be a better option, assuming that new friend is more combat capable then Yzma.
It is wierd he only came with one friend option when the standard is two.

indeed - when you use resources, they do in fact get used.

Yep - it was 2 years ago!

10 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney