Resizing characters

I dont know if it’s just me who has noticed, but some characters are weirdly out of proportion in the game, specifically Mickey, Elsa and Moana:

Mickey and Moana look way bigger than they should, Mickey for example should not be tall enough to reach Goofy’s shoulders like this, and shouldnt be so massive compared to characters like Olaf

Moana also shouldnt be as tall as Maui, it might look right now, but if she were to stand up instead of leaning forward like she is, she’d probably be taller than him; and I dont need to say why that’s terribly innacurate (how do you mess that up?)

Elsa on the other hand, either her head is too small, or she’s not as tall as she should be, she just looks out of place with these proportions.

9 Likes

It’s funny, I was just thinking the same thing this morning, when I had Aladdin next to Violet. He looked very petite next to her. Maybe just because his head is smaller? I don’t know but I think it’s a valid point.

4 Likes

Aladdin is another one I forgot to mention, while he is kinda small in the movie, he just seems a little to smol :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

TBH, I don’t think Aladdin should become larger. For me it’s Violet who is too tall.

3 Likes

You’re right! Like Moana, it might look right because she’s leaning forward, but if she were to stand up she’d be massive

I think the worst bit of this picture is the fact you could fit three of Gaston’s head into Mr Incredible’s head

5 Likes

Maybe it’s the fact that when this game started they went for a chunky cute styling, but as time has gone on they have started to focus on individual characters precise details, like if violet was made after Elsa violet would probably be a bit to small and thin

2 Likes

I mean, Mr. Incredible is a big dude, but Gaston didnt eat 5 dozen eggs every morning as a ladd for nothing!

4 Likes

And yeah, they went from stylish to detailed and now the two artstyles kinda clash

1 Like

Yeah some characters seem to be really big and others really small

1 Like

Anyone else think Caboom is tiny? I haven’t seen the movie yet so maybe he’s supposed to be

Dont worry, he’s supposed to be small

If sizing was perfect, toy story characters would barely be visible. Of course, it could be a little better. Hercules looks a little small compared to Hades. and QoH seems a bit on the plump side.

3 Likes

What’s weirder imo is the Zootopia characters. I mean, Robin Hood’s an exception because he’s an anthropomorphic cartoon fox, but my goodness, Nick, Judy, and Finnick are treated the same size as Miguel. Worse, Miguel is nigh equivalent in height to Elsa!

We have official heights for the animals and they’re all at least less than three feet, no bigger than a human child.

3 Likes

I knew someone would mention Toy Story, but they were made bigger to fit better along the rest, same with the Inside Out characters, but notice that the Toy Story chars’ proportions are still acurate if you compare them between each other, same for Inside Out.
The problem comes from comparing normal human characters to each other.

3 Likes

Uh, QoH is plump. :laughing:

That’s the thing, not only are Zootopia characters all different species (which allows for sizing liberties as long as they’re acurate between themselves) but you could also make the argument that it’s never established wether or not their size is accurate to real animals.
Same could apply to the Alice characters (except Alice herself) since they’re all from her dream/another reality

1 Like

I agree. Elsa looks anorexic.

1 Like

Except in the movie itself, it listed Nick as around four feet. (link)* And in real life, foxes are about that length.

That’s the point I was trying to make; we have official heights for some characters, and stands to reason that at least to some degree, the Zootopia characters are animal-accurate.

*(My bad btw, I called them as being under three feet but I guess I made a mistake on that.)

1 Like

The one that annoys me the most, is Goofy. He’s tiny! Honestly, but him next to Sully, (Who I know is meant to be bigger than average.) but goofy looks small and fragile. Goofy is taller than the average human? Like that’s how I grew up knowing him? At least make him Captain Jack size, like human sized…

Caboom is meant to be that small.

4 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney