Results are in! But I need help

So I’m going to construct another comprehensive character guide, this time, focusing on TANK HEROES. BUT unlike my knowledge of Support heroes, my knowledge of Tanks are not quite as thorough. So I need help from the community to give me insight of Tanks. Any of them. Especially the less popular ones, because they need more attention if I’m going to write about them properly. Alright, everyone, how about it?

1 Like

Do you have a list of tanks that you dont use often? It would help narrow the range down considerably.

Good point. I especially need more insight on:

• Chief Bogo
  • Felix
  • Ralph
  • Queen of Hearts
  • Rex
  • Mr. Incredible

But any insight on any of the tanks are most appreciated as well.

2 Likes

@Aurora_Veil Chief Bogo is pretty good once you get one of His disks, I forgot which one because I never used Him before hearing about it. But it basically makes Him sirvive everything.

I think you’re talking about his [Mr] Disc… but both Discs work well. The [Ca] Disc knocks back and stuns multiple Enemies while the [Mr] Disc lengthens his Shield and increases his healing.

The%20Queen%20of%20Hearts
As an Alice in Wonderland fanatic, I can definitely say I’m biased when I say The Queen of Hearts is one of the best Tanks around. She’s also one of my mains :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

She works nicely with her other Wonderland allies; Alice Slows down enemies, while Speeding up her allies; The Mad Hatter also slows down enemies, reduces their Armor, and also incapacitates them via Charming, all of which make it easier for The Queen to attack enemies (for reference, see the Negatives portion)

Positives

Biases aside, she’s one of the more offensive Tanks I’ve seen, that is, before Bo Peep came along. Compared to the other Tanks, pre-Bo Peep, she’s the only Tank to have great Basic Damage; at Orange 2 with all six stars, her base basic damage is 12,965, which is more than double the basic attack of other Tanks; Sally, Olaf, Goofy, Sulley, and Mr. Incredible all have Basic Damage ranging from 5000 to 4000 coming nowhere near The Queen’s (Btw, I’ve never used Bo Peep so I can’t say what her basic damage is like).

She also has a pretty good Normal Crit stat (mine has 146). (But then again I’m not overly familiar with critical damage.)

She has a great HP pool, and pretty solid defense stats, especially for Armor, which is something that can’t be said for a lot of Tanks, save for Olaf and mmmaybe Mr. Incredible.
the%20queen%20of%20hearts%20shuffle
The Queen’s White Shuffle is a pretty great skill; what it does is swap out the frontmost enemy with the backmost enemy, Stunning them for 5 seconds. It’s lovely for sniping out Maleficent and Support characters, as well as getting Front Damage dealers away from you, especially with Quorra and Jack Sparrow. This is a level dependent skill, though, so if you want it to be of any use, keep spending money on this (I mean, why would you not?)

VigorousObedientAyeaye-size_restricted
the%20queen%20of%20hearts%20it%20saves%20time
Temper, Temper activates once she hits half health, and can turn The Queen into a scary Tank; it gives her a major boost in Armor, as well as a permanent 100% speed boost, which means she can really make use of that high basic damage; this carries on per wave, and doesn’t go away should you heal The Queen above half health. Assuming the enemy team (PVP) is comprised of physical attackers and you have proper support, The Queen can sponge up their damage like nothing.

the%20queen%20of%20hearts%20off%20with%20their%20heads

Off With Their Heads! is a lovely skill; it KOs enemies once they hit a certain HP threshold. You can increase the threshold with Skill Mods. It only activates every 15 seconds, however. It’s great when dealing with Brutes in Campaign considering it deals True Damage.

the%20queen%20of%20hearts%20royal%20highness
Royal Highness gives The Queen more HP, in addition to having a 52% chance to convert Charms directed at the team into healing; the healing done is 20% of the ally’s max HP. Nothing much to say here really, aside from more HP = better Tanking.

Negatives

the%20queen%20of%20hearts%20glare
The Queen’s animation for her basic hit is a little slow; not as slow as Sally or Jack Skellington, but it’s still a little slow. She hits hard, but boy does she do it slowly.

Despite having one of the highest Armor stats, especially when coupled with the extra Armor she gains from Temper, Temper, The Queen is very susceptible to Fantasy based attacks; she can easily be worn down by them. Granted, her Reality stat is still high (my Queen’s Armor is in the 7000s, while her Reality is in the 5000s), but sometimes it kind of feels like it’s lower than it really is. I guess you could say she’s kind of an inverse for Sally, who has high Reality but low Armor.

And I do find it a little annoying and insulting that Jack Sparrow can still put in a pretty good dent in her HP, despite her high Armor and HP stat.

Her Energy gain is also a little slow; there’s a good chance she’ll be Stunned by Maleficent in PvP before she can target Maleficent with Shuffle.

Another thing, The Queen is weak to Stuns. Assuming you can Stun her first thing, she’s practically sitting fodder. The Queen needs support from another Tank, which is why I always pair her with Olaf, who can Freeze and Slow enemies. If you want to use The Queen of Hearts, you’re gonna need another Tank, preferably Olaf (or Bo Peep; like I said, I’ve never used Bo Peep, so I can’t really say how good she would be with The Queen); another Tank ensures that The Queen doesn’t get staggered, of which happens often if she is the sole tank for a team.

the%20queen%20of%20hearts%20is%20a%20very%20impatient%20woman

When Temper, Temper activates, The Queen has a brief invincibility animation; during this animation, the enemy team can walk past The Queen and attack the party members behind her. So if you have frail characters like Ursula or Tia Dalma, they’re most likely gonna be KOed pretty quickly.

the%20queen%20of%20hearts%20yelling

Off With Their Heads! has a bit of a problem… of which I complained about in another post, but whatever, here we go again!

For whatever reason, Off With Their Heads! doesn’t work on the Thief enemy in Heist mode; it activates normally during Campaign mode, but it never activates in Heist. The animation still plays, but the Thief remains. Even after she regenerates HP, the skill still fails on her which doesn’t make sense.

This next one makes sense I suppose - Off With Their Heads! will not KO an enemy who is very close to getting KOed, if they were to get Shielded at the very last minute. I complained that it should still KO the enemy, but that would make it too OP considering that, again, Off With Their Heads! deals True Damage.

(I will forever be salty that I miss out on KOing Violet so many times despite the animation playing out.)

the%20queen%20of%20hearts%20alright%20sarcastic%20head%20shake
Her Purple Royal Highness really isn’t as good as the description makes it out to be. And here’s why:

Royal Highness has a 52% chance of converting Charms directed at any party member into healing; the healing being, again, 20% of the ally’s max HP.

Not bad, right?

Wrong.

In the entire time I’ve used The Queen of Hearts, which would be the month she was first introduced and implemented, I can say without a doubt that that 52% chance isn’t very good. 75% of the time when I go up against an enemy who can Charm my team, I end getting up Charmed. It doesn’t activate nearly as much as you’d want it to be.

It’s especially bad if The Queen gets Charmed herself; oy vey, it’s not pretty seeing her easily one-shot my other team members with her monstrous basic attack.

Friendships

the%20queen%20of%20hearts%20where%20are%20you%20going
As for Friendships, Rex’s Disk is better than Alice’s Disk. Why? It gives her more Skill Power, in addition to making it so that her Shuffle now targets THREE enemies, over half an enemy’s team, that’s why. Also the Stun lasts an additional 0.5 seconds and can be increased with each star you add; how much is unknown however.

I mean, she can be pretty devastating with Alice’s Disk considering it heals her tremendously in addition to giving her more speed boosts, however it only activates whenever The Queen herself KOs an enemy; not exactly reliable as Stunning three enemies at once.

Mods

the%20queen%20of%20hearts%20being%20smug
I’ve given The Queen of Hearts two Basic Damage Mods to capitalize on her high Basic Damage. Best thing about this, is now that Upgrades have come to Server 3, I can add the 5% Speed Boost to both Mods, for a total of a 10% speed boost (which would fix her slow animation problem), once the next Invasion comes around.

Because of the high damage output, they help considerably with helping The Queen activating Off With Their Heads!

Recommendations for the other two mods would be 1 Skill Mod to give her more HP by focusing on her Purple, and 1 HP Mod to give her more Reality. (Or a Shield… 4007 Reality vs 8015 Starting Shield? I’d prefer the Reality myself.) (There’s also 2, 671 Armor… of course, assuming your Queen is maxed out like mine.)

Final Notes

the%20queen%20of%20hearts%20cake
the%20queen%20of%20hearts%20curtsy
Despite her flaws, I still love Her Royal Majesty. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I think The Queen of Hearts should get a refresh, if only for Royal Highness; the 52% should be boosted up to 70-80%, considering that the meta will soon be Charm, because of both Jafar and Simba and Nala having Charms that last at least 7 seconds or more. She would be able to her job better as a counter to Charms if that percentage were boosted, considering that she is the only counter we have to Charms.

Give her HP Regen once Temper, Temper activates to help her survive a little longer and make use of her stat boosts.

And maybe just a bit more HP to the threshold for Off With Their Heads!

Hope you liked my analysis for my favorite Tank, @Aurora_Veil!

5 Likes

Thank you so much for this. By the way, @Card_Brigade, can you explain to me exactly how Rex’s disk works? When you shuffle 3 enemies, is she moving 2 front-most enemies to the back and 1 back enemy to the front? Or is it the opposite?

1 Like

I just love it!
:crown:
:angel:

PS I added a link in my collection of the wonderland citizens. Nice job!

Nice! (You might wanna delete that first GIF after “Final Notes”)

1 Like

@Aurora_Veil You are so welcome :hugs: And I’m very sorry, but I myself don’t know. Wakkatu wasn’t very clear, and I couldn’t find any video footage for Rex’s Disk in action. I’m barely turning level 96; I’m close but not close enough to 106, which is when his friendship unlocks :joy::joy::joy::sob::sob::sob:

Surprisingly, I was able to almost fill up my team level bar in just 2 days; maybe my guild finally got Catch Up Perk, but I’m not sure. I’m saying this because I could possibly get the Disk myself… sometime next month :joy: I doubt you would want to wait that long since you’re raring to go with your Tank guide, but I suppose I can still report my findings after the fact.

Whichever you prefer :grin:

If I had to take a guess, it would probably swap between what you said; sometimes it swaps 2 front enemies, sometimes it swaps out 2 back enemies.

Oh, and I added the Star effect in the Friendships section; Rex’s Disk Stuns an additional 0.5 seconds. If I had to guess, the amount might go up by 0.5 as well.

@Queen_Kate Thank you so much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Happy to hear you enjoyed it! And I’m honored that my analysis has been added to your collection :blush:

@Filadae_Djaq Replaced it with another gif :smiley:

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney