Return of the Wish Crate Event!

I hope they are scrapped… there are more useful things which needs the team’s time, like hero refreshes, random badges given each cap rise to some heroes, badge costs, guild perks, heist, and more—

Wish Crate was a huge failure, it’s better to focus on better things.

5 Likes

alright, event only for those who can spend in-game… Perblue, do something to favor all players!!!

I think technically the law catch up is technically a bigger problem and reason, since more and more countries seem to be inclined to ban Loot Boxes for minors, which this is an example of:

While the normal crates are technically Loot Boxes, the Wish Crate was just way too predatory Loot Box like in design and especially price wise for people to be that interested.

I assume F2P games may have to move away from Loot Boxes soon and instead pay a specific price to get the characters/gear, or maybe do monthly subscriptions like MMOs. (I wouldn’t mind paying 12-20 for 12 months/a year of play Disney Heroes wise, better than microtransactions).

But yeah, the F2P industry overall likely have to change soon and adapt ti new laws in regards to Loot Boxes, potentially also microtransactions more so later. This include Disney Heroes as well most likely.

3 Likes

I’ve always wondered why that term gets applied to games like this; even the cheapest deals in this game (for $3 or $5 in the USA) don’t strike me as the least bit “micro”.

1 Like

Well, each of them are relatively small purchases, although I can agree that they aren’t really small in that sense necessarily. Arcade Machines and such would likely be one of the first kinds of modern Microtransactions in regards to virtual games, even if still kind of different.

Not scrapped, but they’ve been pushed back to be looked into again later.

9 Likes

yes me too if i get 500 diamonds i spend them all for diamond crates lol

I hope we get the 10× free diamond crates from it!

Yuck.

And well, still no good place to use diamonds.

4 Likes

Only Elite Resets and Stamina Cost Resets in Mega Mart - others suckkkkk

5 Likes

How about using them to get elite resets and to use them for red skill elite day

That’s the thing which I do, but I only have 2 chances every 2 days, so not much.
And one thing isn’t much.

Wish Crate could have potential, but 9 months passed and completely no changes, this is just bad.

1 Like

Yet you bought them? What a waste of diamond :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

I know they are bad by the look of them :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

1 Like

For 3000k I’d expect at least a few hundred crates and even that’s a hard sell.

3000? What server are you on? The buy 10 is 5000 on server 14.
Looks like the wish crate is still a failure. It’s not worth the cost.

2 Likes

Quick question: Is it too early for Pete to be added to the Wish Crate cause I need more of his chips. Like how long does it take a prize wall hero to be added to the wish crate approximately

The most recent heros in the crate appear to be Anna and Sisu. So most likely next go around Pete will be there, but honestly it’s not worth it.

So, apparently, we had no Wish Crates in the game for five months while the feature was once more put under review, and when it does finally come back… it’s exactly the same as before? And, just to further add to the fun, it’s run the week after a Fortify the Network contest?

I’ve been trying to hold on to some hope that this could be altered into something that could be fun and/or useful, but I suspect this is the last straw. Maybe some whales, and few players with surplus of diamonds and a shortage of shopping acumen, will be willing to buy them; to me, it’s just going to be one more screen to ignore in the game.

5 Likes

Yeah I don’t think it’s ever going to actually become a worthwhile purchase at this point. Very disappointing.

2 Likes

Yah I’m not convinced that this new phase of PB DH team is actually happening. Same with Pokémon Go: I quit for a full year and they added nothing (new heroes don’t count).

If these games are going into a holding pattern then we are too… just doing dailies, not spending money, and investing in other games.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney