Seriously silencing criticism of your game?

Me and multiple other members have been voicing our concerns of the direction the game is going and you’ve marked them all as inappropriate. I personally viewed a few of them as saw no obscene language or anything that violates guidelines. This is a complete disrespect for your own rules and I beg you reconsider you actions

3 Likes

I have been flagged as inappropriate when I said “Get an Internet Connection” in a topic where a person was stuck on the loading page

4 Likes

You must remember that it may not be Perblue silencing your messages - if there are too many flags then it is auto silenced.

3 Likes

You would be surprised.

5 Likes

I have seen many people fail in life, I just would not expect that many

1 Like

I don’t think it takes that many to flag a post, in all honesty.

It’d be a funny experiment, to gather together some people and count the amount of reports needed

1 Like

Yeah. I agree

Indubitably

Yes, they do that. And sure, other players might have an influence on this with flagging and stuff, but trust me, perblue acts fast on this. Even if you full reply is on topic, very polite and nice, as soon as it containst critisism it will get flagged as inapropriate…

2 Likes

We don’t silence criticism. Read the forums and you’ll see lots of feedback that isn’t super favorable to the game. What we do flag and hide is unnecessary attacks, name calling, and false claims. Keep it on topic and constructive and we welcome your feedback.

4 Likes

Sure, but sometimes it is exaggerated. For example the first comment of the thread in which I wrote down

Here is the link

P.S. you might want to scroll down when getting to the link

I think the one in the link was flagged because it came across as rude to the community. Polaris has no control over what we decide to flag. And the one that got flagged earlier in this post was probably flagged because it was rude to the community too. You called people stupid, and that is just rude. When your post gets flagged, you get a message from the system. It tells you that your post was flagged by the community. It is not lying. It’s telling the truth. So before you get upset about something and accuse Per Blue of doing something to you, remember we are on the internet. People get easily offended on the internet.

3 Likes

Well, that could easily be perceived as an unconstructive & sarcastic suggestion, so I’m not wholly surprised it got flagged.

As Polaris said, there are actually way more non-flagged critical posts than there are flagged ones. People like to make these sorts of posts which makes it seem like the opposite.

There tends to be a line between criticising the game and in-game features/decisions, and criticising PB themselves - usually flags happen either when that line is crossed, or posts are just flat out rude & unhelpful

3 Likes

Actually I did not. I never called people stupid (at least in that specific post you are talking about) I said “does that mean many stupid people flagged my post” because I know there aren’t many dumb people in the forums (like spammers) so I got a little confused when people misunderstood. Even @Cicerello understood. If they can others can, not that he is dumb, he is, lets say, advanced. In that same post I even said “I do not think so.” But no one got that (more will be explained later).

Okay the first part I already know (haven’t you considered the fact I have been flagged over 100 times?) but the second part is not entirely true. Do you remember my “Meme It (Disney)” thread? It got shut down. No one can access it. I don’t know why it said “many people in the community flagged it as off-topic” because many people actually posted some memes. Then this player who’s name I shall keep secret (hint hint) starting spamming the thread. And I am surprised how your post @TheSpaghettiKing, “Unlikely Character Concept” has not been flagged due to the fact that many of the posts are not relative to Disney. Not that I hate it I used it as a loophole and made a concept there.

So the point is: I have been flagged because people exaggerate with what I say. I have only said a few times that some people are stupid but the top post was different. I never said many people were stupid, I basically said it would be stupid to flag that post.

And those that attacked me first, have not been flagged. I mean I have never threatened anyone. But those who threaten me do not get flagged. Wh… What kind of common sense is this?

1 Like

I don’t know what kind of common sense that is, because I’m not the person to flag those things.

Also, you never directly called anyone stupid, but it most likely came across as such to others. It certainly did for me!

“Unlikely Character Concept” has been flagged and shut down in the past when Polaris was gone for the weekend and the system wouldn’t automatically open the topic back up because of a glitch or something. It was closed when someone spammed a bunch, like what happened to yours, but I bet yours had to stay closed because some of the memes might have been more offensive(this is just an assumption as I cannot go see it myself).

But I think you may have missed my point, because you never responded directly to it. Complaining to Polaris isn’t going to stop the community from flagging you. If you don’t change the content of your posts, then most likely nothing will stop it. I personally have nothing wrong with your posts, but the community clearly does. I mean, you yourself said you have “been flagged over 100 times”.

1 Like

In my 2nd most recent post I refrained from any name calling and voiced my concerns of the direction that came was going, it got taken down in 6 minutes

Well, your post seemed kind of inflammatory in a sarcastic way. I guess whoever saw it didn’t really liked it :neutral_face:

I can’t blame you. But the only ones related to the game were memes about fighting Merlin

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney