Server 5: We want to hear your thoughts!

We are beginning to discuss plans for possibly merging Server 5 and would like to know your thoughts! If a merge is to happen for Server 5 we will need to change the start time of your events from 3AM to 9AM.

• Like the events time change
  • No opinion on the events time change
  • Do not like the events time change

0 voters

Please let us know more about your thoughts in the comments! Would this be disruptive to you or would you like a time change to the events?

3 Likes

@Kira look at this since i know you’re from S5

Noooooooo :confused:

Server 5 was one of the only ways we could foresee events…

I know this is intended for S5, but I’m just stating how it can affect other servers…

2 Likes

Изменения времени это нормально, так как нужно оживить сервер !
Но хотелось бы видеть несколько вариантов изменения времени, а не только один единственный))))

1 Like

S5 is in European/African time zone.
And changing these times are definitely beneficial.

Really good.

I hope it will be S1 + S2 + S5
Resolving the problem for good… or at least for loooong time.

But please think about places for division 1 in challengers, after previous merge amount of players doubled… but not the places for division 1 which was really annoying :unamused:

Apart of that hoping for triple merge :star_struck:

4 Likes

Thanks for the heads-up ColdMore6, appreciate it :-).

4 Likes

just make compensation and that’s it, since we have a lot of people playing from different time zones.

What time zone are we talking about?

1 Like

As a person in server 5 I think prefer the time as they are, although more so out of habit kind of maybe.

As for benefits, it true that people in USA in server 5 can combine Sunday and Monday bonuses, but if something similar works for Europe I think is possible like Monday Weekly Quest rewards on Sunday events. If of course having time in the mornings, but yeah it is true that there might be benefits.
Not sure if this is possible given that Europeans are more so traveling to the past rather than the future, so like if local time matter or if mainly server time matter for this.

However, I am not sure if I personally would like to join server 1 and 2 given how much more chaotic they seem chat wise than server 5. I am not sure if like server 14 and/or 16 together with server 5 would work better, but community synergy wise it could maybe work better.

It is at least clear that server 5 is a bit of the odd one out and as such a bit more complicated choice if it should be merged.
A solution to the population problem could be that Europeans are more so sent to server 5 when they join the game rather than the newest servers, if such a choice is viable of course, though it is a thought at least.

I am at least a person of habit and would prefer not to merge with server 1 and 2, especially for how much harder it would be for us in server 5 given the population differences and not just the chat community differences.

Short summary: Torn, but think I prefer how things are out of habit.

2 Likes

… how?

Really weird stereotype. not nice even…

It’s always on Monday, this is with daily restart.
Events however after this change you have at least 4 more hours, depends when you wake up, after daily restart you still have few hours to again do port on double drops.

S14 is four cap rises behind… so they won’t be happy.
S1 and S2 is only choice here. Nobody will be behind.

2 Likes

1+5 or 2+5 or 1+2+5 anything will do :grinning:

4 Likes

Based on things I have heard, or at least in terms of server 2 if not server 1.

I am not sure as it depends on if the Weekly Rewards and such are tied to local time zone or to the Server time, like people from USA in server 5 more so travel to the future as it is Sunday for them in USA while it is Monday in Europe.
So like if Monday on Monday can stack if it is tied to server time and not local time, as if it is server time I imagine both Events and Weekly Rewards comes at the same time, so unsure if such work in terms of taking advantage of the time difference.

There need to be a difference in the local time and reward time for it to be beneficial I think if I understand how it works right.

Ah, didn’t know so you are right that such isn’t really viable to merge with server 14 and 16 as such.
Well… not sure if it is the only choice, like for example depends on the status in terms of server 13 the Asian server.
I imagine we likely can’t join with server 13, but it would be interesting to check with Loutre on.

Don also have a point there in terms of possible outcomes merge wise :-).

1 Like

@Loutre Hope you don’t mind the ping, but theoretically just to hear could server 5 and server 13 merge together?

I think server 13 might be in its own place, so based on that server 5 and server 13 can’t merge together right or at least if so it would be more difficult than the other server?

The reason why I partly ask is that server 13 also have a different time zone than server 1 and such, as well as we being used to needing the translation option now and then.

Not saying I think it is best if server 5 and sever 13 join in theory, but it is something I am curious about if is possible :-).

1 Like

I can’t speak on anything further about where server 5 would go since we’re just in the discussion phase on if we would even merge server 5.

4 Likes

Server 14 & 16 are already merged. :slight_smile:

Server 14 is now 20lv behind, so if this would be the merge, it should be slow over a long time
maybe:
S5 - 5 week cap raise & S14 - 4 week cap raise

My S5 heart says,
yes, a merge is a good idea, but is is so important with which other server (s1+s2+s5 or s5+s14)
This could change the answer.

My S14 Heart says
ohhh no (e.g. contest information and maybe account merge :confused: :frowning:)

Ah, fair and no worries if you can’t say more on it :-).

I at least suggest having new players who are Europeans be sent to server 5 first and see how that goes while deciding if you all decide to merge server 5 or not :-).

it’s on a completely different app, so unlikely… or at least will create even more unnecessary work.

yes, oh good point, then S5 definitely wouldn’t have events from 9AM as this is on American servers (for European time zone). again, only S1 and S2.

also, you mentioned chat, S13 (and S17 and S20) are Asian servers so players in these servers speak Asian languages… as Chinise or Japanease (and other…), THIS will create even more chaos. there’s completely nothing wrong on s1 and s2, it’s just weird stereotypes.

If we decide to merge server 5 we would turn off the ability to create a new account on it.

True Loutre, but meant like before that to see how it goes for server 5 with an increased new player inflation to say :-).

Herzog_Eule@ Ah true and thanks for reminding me :-).

As for merges, I think either 1 and 5 or 2 and 5 would be better than all 3 together, like the population would likely be inflated a bit too much, especially for us in server 5.

Server 1 often gets beta content or at least before, so could be interesting to join server 1 for that reason. Although, I suppose these days the newer servers have more often gotten beta content.
Something to think about I suppose.

Musketeer@ Yeah, that’s what I thought so I assume server 5 and server 13 merge are likely maybe theoretically possible, but not necessarily logically feasible.

Yeah, which is why I thought server 5 and server 13 could be a decent fit, even though a lot more alphabets than what server 5 are used to, but yeah both of them are the one ones out time zone wise and translations. And yeah, you are right that all the Asian alphabets wouldn’t necessarily be a good thing, so it isn’t necessarily the best choice.

As for the server chats, technically already said it was more so in terms of server 2 or at least based on how I heard it was before there, though as far as it like that now I don’t know.
So yeah, not including server 1 in this anymore so you know :-).

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney